Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77

Thread: New law destroys image of Israel as a democracy

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29,574
    Thanks
    6,757
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,082 Times in 3,894 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default New law destroys image of Israel as a democracy

    Bill Calls to Suspend Lawmakers From Knesset for Denying Israel as Jewish, Democratic State

    New version of bill replaces 'unbecoming behavior' with three new criteria for suspension from Knesset to win support of the ultra-Orthodox UTJ faction.

    http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.702166

    For starters- this bill is anti- freedom of speech.
    Secondly it is crafted to support two flagrant lies.

    It intends to penalise politicians who criticise Israel's portrayal of itself as a democracy. What sort of a democracy does not permit criticism of itself ? What sort of a democracy denies its elected members freedom of speech ?

    It intends to penalise politicians who deny that Israel is a Jewish state. This amounts to imposing a penalty upon anybody who does not support a lie. Israel is NOT a Jewish state. 25% of Israeli citizens are NOT Jewish and no country in the world recognises Israel as being exclusively Jewish. Even president Truman rejected the concept of Israel as a ' Jewish state '. It is a dream of extremist Zionists and it is unreal. Nevertheless, this bill intends to remove elected officials from the parliament if they do not support the lie. How democratic is that ?

    Now, there are, doubtless, many Americans who will say ' so what- it's none of our business what a bunch of totalitarian Jews get up to in their own country '. However, Americans are in the process of handing this wannabe fascist regime 50 billion dollars . That's 50 billion doillars of US taxpayers money given to a state which suppresses democracy and victimises its minorities. What is this ? Alabama 1960 ?

    Israel cannot be excluvely Jewish and a democracy simultaneously- and those that wish to perform this sleight-of-hand should not be receiving one cent in aid towards it.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

    FUCK THE POLICE (02-17-2016)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    45,449
    Thanks
    13,188
    Thanked 29,745 Times in 19,518 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 1,244 Times in 1,177 Posts

    Default

    I hate burst your antisemitic bubble, but they are going to vote on the bill.

    Like they do in democracies lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29,574
    Thanks
    6,757
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,082 Times in 3,894 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hussein Omar View Post
    I hate burst your antisemitic bubble, but they are going to vote on the bill.

    Like they do in democracies lol.
    Yes, and Israel's tentative hold on democracy will be terminated once they pass it.

    Why don't you actually apply yourself to defending democracy for its own sake ? You're not stupid. Why would you want to support an anti-democratic and totalitarian regime ?

    Oh wait- I've just seen your gutless reference to antisemitism. You're stupid after all. A fascist-sucking mongrel.

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    45,449
    Thanks
    13,188
    Thanked 29,745 Times in 19,518 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 1,244 Times in 1,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moon2012 View Post
    Yes, and Israel's tentative hold on democracy will be terminated once they pass it.

    Why don't you actually apply yourself to defending democracy for its own sake ? You're not stupid. Why would you want to support an anti-democratic and totalitarian regime ?

    Oh wait- I've just seen your gutless reference to antisemitism. You're stupid after all. A fascist-sucking mongrel.
    I can't help but notice you get a little defensive at the antisemitism charge.

    It's just a bill at this point. There are any number of asinine bills that come before our own legislative bodies that never pass because *they are voted down*.

    If the Knesset votes the bill down democractically, I'll be looking for your concession that Israel is a functioning democracy.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  6. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29,574
    Thanks
    6,757
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,082 Times in 3,894 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hussein Omar View Post
    I can't help but notice you get a little defensive at the antisemitism charge.
    Charges of antisemitism as an execuse for Israeli criminality are inadmissible. It is the preserve of dopes.

    It's just a bill at this point. There are any number of asinine bills that come before our own legislative bodies that never pass because *they are voted down*.

    If the Knesset votes the bill down democractically, I'll be looking for your concession that Israel is a functioning democracy.
    Its hold on democracy is tentative- and other racist laws have already been approved. The failure of this bill will be a temporary victory for justice and equality- not an endorsement of Israel as a democratic state. Its passage , on the other hand, will destroy its image as a democracy- which is the topic you've failed to grasp in your fervor to slander .
    Last edited by moon; 02-09-2016 at 06:03 AM.

  7. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (03-01-2016)

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    169
    Thanked 640 Times in 468 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 37 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    The latest 'what did the Jews do wrong' song. Nothing new here.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Canceled.2018.1 For This Post:

    transwarpdrive (02-09-2016)

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29,574
    Thanks
    6,757
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,082 Times in 3,894 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    The latest 'what did the Jews do wrong' song. Nothing new here.
    PLENTY new here, new day , new crimes- but stale attempts at dismissal.

    It's neoZionist Jews, incidentally, in this instance. I wouldn't call you anti-Christian if you castigated some mall-murdering white evangelical extremist.

  11. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (03-01-2016)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    134,471
    Thanks
    40,475
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 17,530 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 18,879 Times in 17,489 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8

  13. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (03-01-2016)

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29,574
    Thanks
    6,757
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,082 Times in 3,894 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Israeli bill targeting leftwing NGOs passes first hurdle

    The legislation has been criticised as it would only affect leftwing Israeli organisations, many of which are funded by EU countries, and not rightwing NGOs, which are supported by private donations from wealthy supporters of Israel. MPs who oppose the legislation described it as “political persecution” and an erosion of Israeli democracy.

    The opposition leader, Isaac Herzog, said the law would damage Israel’s standing among its friends abroad. Last month, the US ambassador to Israel, Dan Shapiro, said: “Governments must protect free expression and peaceful dissent and create an atmosphere where all voices can be heard.”

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ups-parliament
    First rule of fascism- silence criticism.

  15. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (03-01-2016)

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

    FUCK THE POLICE (02-17-2016)

  17. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    641
    Thanks
    505
    Thanked 118 Times in 108 Posts
    Groans
    73
    Groaned 32 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Oh look, the resident stormfront cunt anti-semitic trash started yet another anti-jew thread, with his idiot poodle desh yapping alongside for the ride. Wake me up when this scumbag has something of interest to say. Could be a few centuries.
    Ignored: bucklyjewer, cash, evince, katzgar, moon2012

    Death to iran, khameini, putin, nasrallah, assad & all supporters/apologists.

    Liberal Hierarchy of Victimhood from least important to most: white males, white females, latino males, latino females, black males, black females, children of any race, animals, gay people, non-arab muslim males, non-arab muslim females, arab muslim males, arab muslim females, arab muslims near Israel ("fakestinians") of any gender.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to transwarpdrive For This Post:

    Primavera (03-01-2016)

  19. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    65,507
    Thanks
    17,656
    Thanked 17,679 Times in 13,277 Posts
    Groans
    628
    Groaned 1,119 Times in 1,063 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moon2012 View Post
    For starters- this bill is anti- freedom of speech.
    Secondly it is crafted to support two flagrant lies.

    It intends to penalise politicians who criticise Israel's portrayal of itself as a democracy. What sort of a democracy does not permit criticism of itself ? What sort of a democracy denies its elected members freedom of speech ?

    It intends to penalise politicians who deny that Israel is a Jewish state. This amounts to imposing a penalty upon anybody who does not support a lie. Israel is NOT a Jewish state. 25% of Israeli citizens are NOT Jewish and no country in the world recognises Israel as being exclusively Jewish. Even president Truman rejected the concept of Israel as a ' Jewish state '. It is a dream of extremist Zionists and it is unreal. Nevertheless, this bill intends to remove elected officials from the parliament if they do not support the lie. How democratic is that ?

    Now, there are, doubtless, many Americans who will say ' so what- it's none of our business what a bunch of totalitarian Jews get up to in their own country '. However, Americans are in the process of handing this wannabe fascist regime 50 billion dollars . That's 50 billion doillars of US taxpayers money given to a state which suppresses democracy and victimises its minorities. What is this ? Alabama 1960 ?

    Israel cannot be excluvely Jewish and a democracy simultaneously- and those that wish to perform this sleight-of-hand should not be receiving one cent in aid towards it.
    What percentage of Israelis would have to be gentile in order for it to be a Jewish state? 24%, 15%, 1%?

  20. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29,574
    Thanks
    6,757
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,082 Times in 3,894 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by transwarpdrive View Post
    Wake me up .....
    .
    Not an easy mission

    Oh look, the resident stormfront cunt anti-semitic trash started yet another anti-jew thread
    If you think that Israeli fascists are going to get away with what they've done to Palestinians then you're out of your tree. Sure , this is only one tiny corner of the Internet- but it's a small part of a political holocaust for neoZionism.
    Last edited by moon; 02-09-2016 at 12:56 PM.

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29,574
    Thanks
    6,757
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,082 Times in 3,894 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eno L. Camino View Post
    What percentage of Israelis would have to be gentile in order for it to be a Jewish state? 24%, 15%, 1%?
    A pointless speculation- as 25% of Israelis are not Jewish and that number is rising. Let's deal with the reality. Any attempt by Israeli fascists to forcibly lessen that percentage would signal the termination of US financial aid and blanket political support. Or they would have attempted it already. Currently they just murder and ethnically cleanse as many as they can get away with. The advent of the Internet and the video camera has severely curtailed that number.
    Last edited by moon; 02-09-2016 at 12:16 PM.

  22. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29,574
    Thanks
    6,757
    Thanked 5,562 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 4,082 Times in 3,894 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Habayit Hayehudi Backtracks, Will Support Knesset Suspension Bill

    Right wing party demands 'incitement to racism' be replaced with 'incitement to terror' as grounds for suspension of an MK 'thereby making it applicable, in practice, only to Arab MKs.'

    http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.702352
    Just fancy that- the bill is supported by Israeli racists !

  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Cymru/'Wales'
    Posts
    8,017
    Thanks
    4,017
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hussein Omar View Post
    I hate burst your antisemitic bubble, but they are going to vote on the bill.

    Like they do in democracies lol.
    Do the Nazis never get bored with quacking this 'anti-Semite' Goebbels-bilge? Heil Netemyahoo and death to children!

Similar Threads

  1. Patri Friedman (Milton's Grandson) Destroys Democracy in 2 Minutes
    By Timshel in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 12:09 PM
  2. Another loving Christian destroys more lives...
    By ZappasGuitar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 02:39 PM
  3. China destroys peoples hopes
    By USFREEDOM911 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 01:52 PM
  4. The Only "Democracy" in the Mideast is not a Democracy At All
    By blackascoal in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 01:39 PM
  5. Bush destroys Christianity
    By Cypress in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 02:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •