Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    You keep using that word but I don't think it means what you think it means
    What word?

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    raise your hand if you care that midcan is embarassed.......
    Childish but telling.

'Are conservatives ever right?'

"The question isn’t meant to suggest that liberals are never wrong. But reviewing the last few decades of conservative policy initiatives—or their objections over that timespan to policies they hate—shows a consistent pattern of failure: predictions never pan out, and intended results turn to catastrophic flops."

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/polit...itical-history
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    'Are conservatives ever right?'
    when pitted against a liberal?......always.....

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

What word?

censorship

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Censorship is the suppression and control of information, banning others from the conversation on a 'public forum' is censorship. I'm not sure why that confuses you? You have every right to your speech but when you control the conversation you are limiting speech. JPP has always protected free and open speech, it is one of the reasons I still come back. Other sites actually ban you, as 'redstates' and 'debate policy' have banned me. Conservatives want speech control but such control is un-American.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

evince (03-12-2016)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Censorship is the suppression and control of information, banning others from the conversation on a 'public forum' is censorship. I'm not sure why that confuses you? You have every right to your speech but when you control the conversation you are limiting speech. JPP has always protected free and open speech, it is one of the reasons I still come back. Other sites actually ban you, as 'redstates' and 'debate policy' have banned me. Conservatives want speech control but such control is un-American.
    Sorry, but I cannot allow you to be so casual with the language in your effort to make a political point that does not exist.

First of all, you have no rights on this board. It is a privately run board. Your and my existence is at the sole pleasure of the board owner. As such, we have no 1st Amendment rights on this board.

Secondly, consider a thread in which you are thread banned a conversation that I wish you to not be part of. It is no different than in your personal life. Do you think you have a right to be a part of any conversation you choose? If two parties are engaging in a political discussion and wish to do so without you, are you being censored? It is ludicrous to suggest you are.

Lastly, and most importantly your own definition of censorship refutes your claim that you are being censored by me. Just because you are not able to post your opinions in my thread does not mean you are forbidden to post your opinions about that topic. You are free to start your own thread about the topic and post whatever you feel like. I cannot control that, nor would I even want to. So you see, even on this board, I have ZERO control over what you post other than my own threads.

Do you somehow think that your right to express your thoughts supersede my rights to choose whether I want to hear them or not? Are you so enamored with your own feelings of self importance that you cannot fathom the idea that some people just don't care what you think about a given issue? I think you should take this as a moment of self reflection and realize that you aren't that important and what you have to say is not that profound.

I thread ban you for many reasons

1) You remind me a left wing Dixie. Lots of words signifying nothing
    2) You are boring
    3) And this is the most important one of all. I know it annoys you.

Have a blessed censorship free day

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I_Love, your reasons don't wash. Every human can and often does rationalize just about anything, as you do, that doesn't change anything. Censorship is control of the conversation and ideas - you are guilty. Make excuses all you want, doesn't change a thing.

"Liberals believe individuals should doubt their own truths and consider fairly and open-mindedly the truths of others. This is at the very heart of liberalism. Liberals understand, as Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes once observed, that "time has upset many fighting faiths." Liberals are skeptical of censorship and celebrate free and open debate." Geoffrey R. Stone

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Back on topic.

"On Super Tuesday, Dale Clark voted for a local Republican who claimed on social media that President Obama had worked as a gay prostitute in his youth, that the United States should ban Islam, that the Democratic Party had John F. Kennedy killed and that the United Nations had hatched a plot to depopulate the world."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/us...far-right.html

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I_Love, your reasons don't wash. Every human can and often does rationalize just about anything, as you do, that doesn't change anything. Censorship is control of the conversation and ideas - you are guilty. Make excuses all you want, doesn't change a thing.

"Liberals believe individuals should doubt their own truths and consider fairly and open-mindedly the truths of others. This is at the very heart of liberalism. Liberals understand, as Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes once observed, that "time has upset many fighting faiths." Liberals are skeptical of censorship and celebrate free and open debate." Geoffrey R. Stone

I in no way can control your ideas. Like I said, you think you are entitled to be heard. You are not

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

1st amendment rights should be suspended for Trump supporters. We need to introduce censorship in order to contain the ideas of the far right and racists.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Sorry, but I cannot allow you to be so casual with the language in your effort to make a political point that does not exist.

First of all, you have no rights on this board. It is a privately run board. Your and my existence is at the sole pleasure of the board owner. As such, we have no 1st Amendment rights on this board.

Secondly, consider a thread in which you are thread banned a conversation that I wish you to not be part of. It is no different than in your personal life. Do you think you have a right to be a part of any conversation you choose? If two parties are engaging in a political discussion and wish to do so without you, are you being censored? It is ludicrous to suggest you are.

Lastly, and most importantly your own definition of censorship refutes your claim that you are being censored by me. Just because you are not able to post your opinions in my thread does not mean you are forbidden to post your opinions about that topic. You are free to start your own thread about the topic and post whatever you feel like. I cannot control that, nor would I even want to. So you see, even on this board, I have ZERO control over what you post other than my own threads.

Do you somehow think that your right to express your thoughts supersede my rights to choose whether I want to hear them or not? Are you so enamored with your own feelings of self importance that you cannot fathom the idea that some people just don't care what you think about a given issue? I think you should take this as a moment of self reflection and realize that you aren't that important and what you have to say is not that profound.

I thread ban you for many reasons

1) You remind me a left wing Dixie. Lots of words signifying nothing
    2) You are boring
    3) And this is the most important one of all. I know it annoys you.

Have a blessed censorship free day
    ILA, you are a literally the first person who should be censored. You constantly advocate racism and violence against patriotic American citizens who happen to be minorities. How do you think that's acceptable behavior?
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic American View Post
    ILA, you are a literally the first person who should be censored. You constantly advocate racism and violence against patriotic American citizens who happen to be minorities. How do you think that's acceptable behavior?
    Asking ILA tough questions confuses him, that is why he censors and limits conversation. Take note of his threads, since he bans everyone there is no conversation.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotic American View Post
    I guess you don't understand that the entire notion of 1st Amendment rights is allowing for speech that you may not like. Why do you think you are the arbiter of what is sanctioned speech and what is not? You really can't be serious right? Or are you just trolling?

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Asking ILA tough questions confuses him, that is why he censors and limits conversation. Take note of his threads, since he bans everyone there is no conversation.

You keep using this word, but I don't think it means what you think it means. And I don't ban EVERYONE from my threads; just those I don't deem worthy of contribution.

As an aside, I did challenge you to a 1:1 debate on censorship right here in APP and you have either missed it, ignore it or decided it is in your best interests not to take me on.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ILA, Not all censorship is same, when you ban people from a discussion you are censoring their opinions, their dialogue. You are controlling - censoring the conversation. I have no idea why you think that is something else? There is no need to debate something so obvious. There may be good reasons to censor in some areas but on a public forum that right or privilege is granted only to the owner of the site because of libel or other areas that touch on law and privacy issues. Give it up you have no grounds for dissent.

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default American Conservatives are Embarrassing

ILA, Not all censorship is same, when you ban people from a discussion you are censoring their opinions, their dialogue. You are controlling - censoring the conversation. I have no idea why you think that is something else? There is no need to debate something so obvious. There may be good reasons to censor in some areas but on a public forum that right or privilege is granted only to the owner of the site because of libel or other areas that touch on law and privacy issues. Give it up you have no grounds for dissent.
    Again you would be 1000% incorrect. You are correct in that I am controlling the conversation in a thread that I start, but it does not rise to the level of censorship.

This is a private forum not a public one. The owner granted me the privilege to control my threads when he sanctioned the functionality.

Want to come off of thread ban? Be more interesting

PS

I don't see you chastising fellow lefties for their use of what you consider censorship. But then..........