Page 3 of 1035 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Steely Dan- Deacon Blues
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

pretty girls make graves - the number
    pretty girls make graves - selling the wind
    Thom Yorke - Skip Divided (Album is only so-so)

That is all.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

This Friday I am taking time out to salute a much misunderstood chap. Sure, he’s a slave to the Ancient Spirits of Evil, is a veteran of more than a thousand years, possesses incredible magical powers, and is also the wielder of the awesome ‘Sword of Plundarr’, but does that make him a bad person?

You know who I’m referring to now don’t you?

No, it’s not Henry Kissenger…

Another clue? OK…His only weakness is a limited stamina, and he frequently needs to return to his Pyramid to regenerate.

That’s right…It’s Tom Cru…Hold on just one cotton’ pickin’ minute, you’re just acting the giddy goat again, aren’t you?

No enough is enough, you witless buffoons. This Friday the plaudits go to Mumm-Ra, nemesis of the Thundercats. Isn't it obvious now?

Mumma-Ra – ‘Song E’

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Tears for Fears = "Call me Mellow"
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here are a few I've listened to this afternoon...

"Road To Nowhere" - Ozzy Osbourne
    "Forever Young" - Alphaville
    "I Want to Break Free" - Queen
    "My Sharona" - The Knack
    "Wish You Were Here" - Pink Floyd
    Last edited by Brent; 08-05-2006 at 03:35 PM.
    "Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matthew 3:2)

REPENT AMERICA!

Psalm 9:17 Warning:
    "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Pink Floyd - Sheep

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Has everybody voted at the other spot then?

As a chap who takes his civic duties seriously i managed to haul myself down to the polling station and, after a brief period of confusion with this unfamiliar American electronic voting lark, managed to direct my vote in the direction of somebody. Christ knows who though.

By the way, does anyone know the best way to remove pencil marks from an LCD monitor?

Zutons - 'Confusion'

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Godsmack - Straight Out Of Line

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

melissa... allman bros

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just when we thought the fearsome spectre of Republican terrorism in Northern Ireland had confined itself to petty racketeering and drug dealing, it returns to cast a shadow over Ulster.

Yes, today the British state was rocked to its very core as noble, freedom-fighters, all resembling Brad Pitt, made a brave political gesture striking fear into every man, woman and child of the ruthlessly imperialist British state.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4775533.stm

Putting a sports shop, a cheap kitchen shop, and a retailer of fashionable garb out of commission was bad enough, but when Downing Street heard that, top carpet retailer, ‘CarpetRight’ had been burned to the ground, our will was broken.

The Sunshine Underground – ‘Put You In Your Place’

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What a world, eh?

As if the prospect of beardie types trying to blow up planes with mp3 powered lucozade wasn't enough, for the past 3 weeks i've been plagued by, what seems like, the entire population of China attempting to mine me for information regarding 'investment opportunities'.

A polite, "please take me off your database" met with little response, so i have been forced to use coarse and degrading language at least once a day. I think i can honestly say it is the first time i have ever called someone i don't know a "cunt" over the phone. (Obviously i refer to regular friends and family as cunts all the time, you understand)

Plan B - 'Sick 2 Def'

So, come on Tony Blairs, get off the beach, get yer bony old arse down to the UN and get some resolutions passed quick smart.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Better news from the island oasis that is Great Britain.

After four days of frantic activity by spies in dinner jackets zooming round London in Aston Martin DB7's arresting terrorists, airports filled with delayed middle-class passengers demanding priority on the basis they have managed to successfully procreate and crowds of government talking heads apologising to self-appointed 'community leaders', we are kind of safe again.

Yes, the security level has been downgraded from "papaya and passion fruit" to the much less threatening "mango chutney". Praise be. Yes, no longer are Britons fearing a terrorist incident is "imminent", it is merely "highly likely".

The Smiths - 'Panic'

Huzzah!

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Queen - The Bohemian Rhapsody...

Just because I like it regardless of its propensity for winning best rock song ever in the UK consistently...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Rachmaninoff

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I know many of you are fond of the old philosophising, some say putting your feet up and thinking about stuff. Yes, some people would simply point and label you a lazy, work-shy fop, but not i.

You can’t beat a bit of philosophy can you? Where would men and women be now if they hadn’t sat down for a think about the big imponderables of life? A cynic may say, “not stuck on the shelf with nothing but a life of regret and missed chances to look back on, whilst your youthful hopes and dreams dissolve into the reality of isolation, misery and eventual oblivion.” But not me.

Can anyone explain the meaning of life? (and if any student wanker type is thinking about shouting out “42”, prepare for a punch up the bracket)

Is there a heaven? And if there is, was respected American professor, Belinda Carlisle correct when she hypothesised - “Ooo heaven is a place on Earth”?

I‘m certainly no Platos, Socrate or Aristottles. In fact I’ll admit it’s all Greek to me. HAHA!!!1!!GREEKYOUSEE!!!111!

Well, I’ll leave you spods to the big issues as my mind is too full of less important stuff to contemplate why Occam’ shaving problems are the subject of so much sticky-beakage. I’ll bid you Good Afternoon.

The Rakes – ‘Work, Work, Work (Pub, Club, Sleep)