Page 1 of 1035 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Question What Song Are You Listening To, Right Now?

There's one of these threads in the other place, so there should, by rights, be one here as well. Come on Damo, pull your finger out, son. It was your thread after all.

So, as the battle of the boards gets underway in earnest, what better tune to kick things off than -

Steelers Wheel - 'Stuck in the Middle'

And, no, there isn't a prize for the poster collecting the most ears from the other tribe.

Good Day.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,486 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Def Leppard - Hysteria
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Garth Brooks - Rollin'
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Let's Get Away From It All" by Andre Previn (from the 1955 album of the same name)

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Motley Crue - God Bless The Children of the Beast
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Return of the Grevious Angel- Gram Parsons

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

What's going on with this quick reply feature?

Why does everyone have pictures, I like to let the words do the talking. Pictures are a crutch for the textually challenged.

Runnin' - Pharcyde

and then

John Fahey - Persian Market

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Please forgive me for this one, but...

Barry Manilow's version of "Memory".... (yu know, the song from CATS on broadway)

I saw the play in NYC, on Broadway, when there on business a decade ago, and I still get goose bumps and can tear when hearing Manilow's version...

ok, ok, ok....stop the shouting at me....telling me what a sap I am....

hahaha, lol

care

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This fine sunny morning -

Wayne County (now Jayne County) and the Electric Chairs - '(If You Don't Want To Fuck Me) Fuck Off'

You can't beat gender bending punk fruitloops, can you eh? Well, unless you're one of those frightful gay-bashing sorts, of course.

But nobody around here matches that description. Well, ok, maybe Brent. I could definately see him fisting another man with great enthusiasm.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Damn Charver.. you beat me to it...

Season of the Witch -- Donovan
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Great excitement here in America Lite. Our glorious leader, Mr Tony, is coming to see you Americans, receive his upgrade and be issued his new orders.

According to the news media, Tony and George are going to discuss - "Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and the fighting in Darfur, as well as how best to get "free and fair" trade. But it is the Middle East crisis which is likely to dominate as fighting continues in Lebanon."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5222288.stm

Or, more likely, George is going to tell Tony about what he's been doing on his holidays, his theory that dogs are merely very small hairy Mexicans and that the "kraut chic" he met last week was "a fine piece of ass".

Tony will smile and nod in the right places, before telling George he's "like, really cool" and "the bestest at, like, everything, dude", before returning, in triumph, to America Lite proclaiming - "peace in our time".

Weezer - 'Say It Ain't So'

(Yes, i posted this at the other spot as well. A man's only got so much time to do this shit, you know)

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Breaking celebrity news.

This morning I invite you good people to stop a moment to consider the plight of the humble celebrity. Sure they are annoying, often complain about the most trivial of things, take up vital newsprint and talk nonsense about subjects they don’t understand, but when it boils down to the nitty and, indeed, the gritty, they do provide some light relief in a tempestuous world.

Consider ‘The Hoff’. Only 17 years after unifying Germany with a potent combination of leather trousers and power chords, the man is the subject of scurrilous rumour and innuendo.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5223124.stm

First, allegations of being drunk at Wimbledon are followed by allegations of insobriety at airports. There is a word for this, ladies and gentlemen, and that word is ‘persecution’. It's almost a mirror image of Jesus' own life. Why can’t the damn media not just accept ‘The Hoff’s’ explanation that it was merely the effects of antibiotics he was taking following a shaving accident – “the actor is said to have bumped into a chandelier at a London hotel while shaving last month and shards of glass from the light fell and cut his arm.”

I mean, who here can put hand on heart and say they haven’t bumped into a chandelier whilst shaving?

How soon we forget the majesty of “Hot Shot City”. To tear down this God from his place alongside Elvis Presley, Tiffany and MC Hammer atop the musical Mount Olympus is callous in the extreme. Brothers and sisters, I am having none of it. Do you hear?

I’ll bid you Good Day.

David Hasselhoff – ‘I Believe’

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If there's a song which sums up the medieval philosophy of scholasticism, attempting to join faith to reason by synthesising theology with classical Greek and Roman thought, more succinctly than 'My Sharona' by The Knack, then i've certainly not heard it.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Bob Dylan- Hurricane
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "