Thread: Donald Trump at 41% in new national poll

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 327 Times in 263 Posts

Default Donald Trump at 41% in new national poll

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump has hit a new milestone in national polling, garnering 41% of the Republican vote in a new national poll.

Trump is at 41% in a Monmouth University poll out Monday, holding a wide advantage over his GOP challengers. His support was up from 28% in October.

In second was the rising Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, at 14%; followed by Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, at 10%. Ben Carson was at 9%, down 9 points from October, and all other candidates were in the low single digits.

Cruz and Rubio both were up 4 points since October's poll, a shift within the poll's margin of sampling error.

The candidates are heading into their next Republican debate on Tuesday in Las Vegas, hosted by CNN.

Trump has led in nearly every national poll for months, though his solid lead in the key early state of Iowa is being threatened by Cruz -- who recently topped Trump in an Iowa poll out this weekend.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/politi...rss_topstories

Can hardly wait when President Trump tosses out the illegals and ban the muslims....

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,891 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,682 Times in 5,186 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am starting to think he has a great chance at the nomination.

If these polls hold true, and there is no reason to think otherwise, he will win.

Hes basically inoculated himself from any scandal by having survived so much already.

He can make fun of the handicapped, propose xenophobic immigration policy that almost everyone agrees would not work, mock McCain's military service, call Mexican immigrants rapists, two thirds of his wives have been immigrants who got in under the same visa program the last terrorist got in under... His wife is naked all over the internet...

Really, what else could happen that he has not already survived?

While I don't think its good for America that a major party would be this weak, its heartening to see that he is trounced by HRC in almost all polls.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post

If these polls hold true, and there is no reason to think otherwise, he will win.

Hes basically inoculated himself from any scandal by having survived so much already.

He can make fun of the handicapped, propose xenophobic immigration policy that almost everyone agrees would not work, mock McCain's military service, call Mexican immigrants rapists, two thirds of his wives have been immigrants who got in under the same visa program the last terrorist got in under... His wife is naked all over the internet...

While I don't think its good for America that a major party would be this weak, its heartening to see that he is trounced by HRC in almost all polls.
    And you were 100% positive it would be Jeb

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,891 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,682 Times in 5,186 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    And you were 100% positive it would be Jeb
    False. Your badly mistaken or a bad liar.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

In other countries, major political parties often get routed and go through a time in the "wilderness", and get reborn (Blairite Labor, Mulroney's conservatives, Merkle's CDU, etc.). That is rare in America, and rarer still in our more polarized modern America - where the gap between urban and rural voters essentially correlates to something seen in different hemispheres.

In a sense, the GOP did have a bloodletting in 2006-08; but what grew back was a GOP that doubled down on "Joe the Plumber" and under-educated whites voters of all stripes. Combined with a very favorable gerrymandering regime (just like the Democrats used from the 1940s to the late 1990s), this will keep them in Congressional relevance for awhile (at least until the next 2006 election comes along).

What is certain, though, is math; the American voter is becoming less white, younger and more urban. The Democrats, under the current circumstances, simply will continue winning Presidential elections in increasing comfort unless the parties re-orient towards a different "middle" - and one party has decided instead to reorient towards the trailer parks. There is no way that a Trump candidacy can carry Florida (good luck with those 400,000 new Puerto Rican voters), Ohio, Virginia and Colorado. The Democrats only need to take one. And while I could give two shits about gun-totin, bible thumping, vicodin abusing, meth brewin trailer detritus who are mad that they earn less than what brown people do these days, I do believe that a Moderate GOP voice is always needed to keep the stupidity of the far left in check.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

False. Your badly mistaken or a bad liar.
    Nope. Unfortunately your predictions are lost. Lucky for you.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
    In other countries, major political parties often get routed and go through a time in the "wilderness", and get reborn (Blairite Labor, Mulroney's conservatives, Merkle's CDU, etc.). That is rare in America, and rarer still in our more polarized modern America - where the gap between urban and rural voters essentially correlates to something seen in different hemispheres.

In a sense, the GOP did have a bloodletting in 2006-08; but what grew back was a GOP that doubled down on "Joe the Plumber" and under-educated whites voters of all stripes. Combined with a very favorable gerrymandering regime (just like the Democrats used from the 1940s to the late 1990s), this will keep them in Congressional relevance for awhile (at least until the next 2006 election comes along).

What is certain, though, is math; the American voter is becoming less white, younger and more urban. The Democrats, under the current circumstances, simply will continue winning Presidential elections in increasing comfort unless the parties re-orient towards a different "middle" - and one party has decided instead to reorient towards the trailer parks. There is no way that a Trump candidacy can carry Florida (good luck with those 400,000 new Puerto Rican voters), Ohio, Virginia and Colorado. The Democrats only need to take one. And while I could give two shits about gun-totin, bible thumping, vicodin abusing, meth brewin trailer detritus who are mad that they earn less than what brown people do these days, I do believe that a Moderate GOP voice is always needed to keep the stupidity of the far left in check.
    Tell that to Predidents Dole, McCain and Romney after Bush 41 finishes his second term

For the record you are no less a bigot than you accuse others of.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,664 Times in 7,361 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Nope. Unfortunately your predictions are lost. Lucky for you.

WOW...Another bullshit claim you can't back up.

I am just shocked...

...SHOCKED, I say!
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 181 Times in 177 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    WOW...Another bullshit claim you can't back up.

I am just shocked...
    ...SHOCKED, I say!

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

RCP has Clinton at +5 over Trump. It's a lead but not one that's insurmountable by any stretch and the longer 'terrorism' stays at the forefront the shakier it will get.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hussein Omar View Post
    RCP has Clinton at +5 over Trump. It's a lead but not one that's insurmountable by any stretch and the longer 'terrorism' stays at the forefront the shakier it will get.
    Considering ISIS is the fault of Clinton and Obsma yeah.