ONLY A NEGLECTOR OF TRUTH STILL CLINGS TO TRUMP'S FALSEHOOD

Trump said: “Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

John J. Farmer Jr., then the New Jersey attorney general and the state’s chief law enforcement officer, said "It is just plain wrong to cite thousands of Muslims dancing in Jersey City or Paterson on 9/11 as support,” Farmer said. “That simply never happened.”

Reporters were unable to find any evidence for his story, but Trump stuck with it in a television interview. “It did happen,” he said. “I saw it. It was on television.”

Trump’s presidential run has erased any lines that would segregate rumors, facts, mistakes and outright falsehoods.

This month, he posted a graphic on Twitter that purported to show that 81 percent of white murder victims were killed by blacks; in fact, 82 percent of whites are murdered by whites.

Confronted by Bill O’Reilly, Trump shrugged: “I retweeted somebody that was supposedly an expert, and it was also a radio show.”

He has said, variously, that 200,000 or 250,000 Syrian refugees would be coming to the United States; the Obama administration’s actual goal for next year is 10,000.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/nyregion/a-definitive-debunking-of-donald-trumps-9-11-claims.html