Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Americans Think People Are Poor Because Of Bad Breaks

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 50 Times in 48 Posts

Default Americans Think People Are Poor Because Of Bad Breaks

Americans Think People Are Poor Because Of Bad Breaks, Not Because They're Losers:

I agree with that, yes we have our scumbags but I dont believe that most people that are poor aspired to be that way and like it enough to stay that way.
    I also dont worship as heros, the Koch Bros, The Waltons and The Donald Trumps, who didnt work hard to get rich they just happened to be born into it. I do respect the Rich that are first generation and did bust their ass to get it. The rich that make the most noise are the ones that believe they are bluebloods because their grandfather busted his ass like the rich Kochs and Duponts and now all the grandkids live off of inheritances

Conservatives often say the poor and jobless got that way because of their own personal failings, but Americans tend to blame the plain old free market.

A new HuffPost/YouGov poll released Thursday finds Americans generally think both the rich and the poor ended up where they are more because of the opportunities they had in life than because of personal successes or failures.

But not everyone feels that way. Republicans are far more likely to pat rich Americans on the back for their hard work while blaming poor Americans for not working hard enough.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5167460.html

2. The Following User Groans At Yoda For This Awful Post:

The Dude (04-18-2014)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-18-2014)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank you Capt. Obvious. Anything else you just figured out?
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Thank you Capt. Obvious. Anything else you just figured out?

Whos capt obivous

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Whos capt obivous
    Capt. Obvious is someone who post's information which has been conventional wisdom (common knowledge) for years.

In this case, you.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

As the paper said before Columbus sailed, 'Europeans think world flat'. There you are then!

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Americans Think People Are Poor Because Of Bad Breaks

Americans Think People Are Poor Because Of Bad Breaks, Not Because They're Losers:

I agree with that, yes we have our scumbags but I dont believe that most people that are poor aspired to be that way and like it enough to stay that way.
    I also dont worship as heros, the Koch Bros, The Waltons and The Donald Trumps, who didnt work hard to get rich they just happened to be born into it. I do respect the Rich that are first generation and did bust their ass to get it. The rich that make the most noise are the ones that believe they are bluebloods because their grandfather busted his ass like the rich Kochs and Duponts and now all the grandkids live off of inheritances

Conservatives often say the poor and jobless got that way because of their own personal failings, but Americans tend to blame the plain old free market.

A new HuffPost/YouGov poll released Thursday finds Americans generally think both the rich and the poor ended up where they are more because of the opportunities they had in life than because of personal successes or failures.

But not everyone feels that way. Republicans are far more likely to pat rich Americans on the back for their hard work while blaming poor Americans for not working hard enough.

Yeah everyone else is just lucky. Like your boy Jarod. He owes it all to the gubmint and blind luck.

9. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.2 For This Awful Post:

The Dude (04-18-2014)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Fuck you too loser

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 640 Times in 574 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well I happen to think especially poor blacks are that way because of democrats, they have done nothing to help them lift themselves out of adversity while championing them. Handouts do not inspire a person, especially when it's 2nd and third generations of the same family receiving the handouts. I am for absolute equal opportunity, but totally against affirmative action. I believing in helping up not handing out for extended periods of time.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,171 Times in 33,867 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by patriot66 View Post
    Well I happen to think especially poor blacks are that way because of democrats, they have done nothing to help them lift themselves out of adversity while championing them. Handouts do not inspire a person, especially when it's 2nd and third generations of the same family receiving the handouts. I am for absolute equal opportunity, but totally against affirmative action. I believing in helping up not handing out for extended periods of time.
    Proof of your claim, please, these are myths, like welfare queens. Repeating a lie does not make it true, it just makes your liar, Unless you are elderly or disabled, you can not collect welfare for life. Clinton and Congress changed welfare, you need to catch up and quit lying.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

iolo (04-18-2014), Rune (04-18-2014), The Dude (04-18-2014)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Default Re: Americans Think People Are Poor Because Of Bad Breaks

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonic View Post
    Proof of your claim, please, these are myths, like welfare queens. Repeating a lie does not make it true, it just makes your liar, Unless you are elderly or disabled, you can not collect welfare for life. Clinton and Congress changed welfare, you need to catch up and quit lying.
    This is true that adults can not collect TANF on themselves for life. They can get an extension after the five years has elapsed which is how many stay on it for so long. However they also can collect it on their children for as long as they are under 18 which is where many of the abuses come from. In many cases it is treated as a primary source of income and the children suffer due to the parents. Which is the real tragedy.

Food stamps are also able to be collected for life as well as subsidized housing. It doesn't take much to abuse those systems as the agencies are generally swamped and can't properly investigate the "elderly dependents" that allow for taking in more SNAP or the section 8 people that have "children" living with them that are the same age as them.

15. The Following User Groans At putsometrebleinit For This Awful Post:

Rune (04-19-2014)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to putsometrebleinit For This Post:

patriot66 (04-18-2014)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

It would be ridiculous to claim that all poor people are lazy, or that all rich people inherited their "success". That kind of black and white thinking is one of the country's biggest problems. The far left and right push their own agendas, and too many voters eat it up.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaronleland For This Post:

Rune (04-18-2014), The Dude (04-18-2014)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Capt. Obvious is someone who post's information which has been conventional wisdom (common knowledge) for years.

In this case, you.

Im going to try to keep this civil but im garnering a growing dislike for your attitude. It was in todays news, so evidently someone meaningful and not you believe its good enough for todays news.

20. The Following User Groans At Yoda For This Awful Post:

The Dude (04-18-2014)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

Minister of Truth (04-18-2014)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by aaronleland View Post
    It would be ridiculous to claim that all poor people are lazy, or that all rich people inherited their "success". That kind of black and white thinking is one of the country's biggest problems. The far left and right push their own agendas, and too many voters eat it up.
    I agree and that was the point of the post, nothing is absolute either way. There were rich that earned it themselves and they are to be admired, people that were born into it do not deserve that admiration.

There are street scumbags that dont want to work, want to commit crime to get rich quick, they deserve absolutely nothing besides long bids in max security. There are those that cant help themselves for a variety of reasons. I believe the richest country in the world should have no problem helping those that cant rise up above their plight.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

There are plenty of lazy poor and hard working rich!
    True Christians are poor as fuck

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Im going to try to keep this civil but im garnering a growing dislike for your attitude. It was in todays news, so evidently someone meaningful and not you believe its good enough for todays news.
    The News is propaganda used to control the ignorant masses, of which you are a member.