Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated Global Temperature: No global warming for 17 years, 6 months

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Updated Global Temperature: No global warming for 17 years, 6 months

Seventeen and a half years. Not a flicker of global warming. The RSS satellite record, the first of the five global-temperature datasets to report its February value, shows a zero trend for an impressive 210 months. The graph below shows no global warming at all for 17 years 6 months:

1: This graph is highly topical. It is right up to date. Remote Sensing Systems, Inc. (RSS) is one of the two satellite-based datasets (the other is the University of Alabama at Huntsville (UAH). And RSS is one of the five standard global temperature datasets, which include the two satellite datasets and the three terrestrial datasets – Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS); the Hadley Centre/CRU dataset, version 4 (HadCRUT4); and the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC). As this month, RSS is usually the first to report, and its latest monthly value, for February 2014, became available just hours ago.

2: The satellite datasets are based on measurements made by the most accurate thermometers available – platinum resistance thermometers, which not only measure temperature at various altitudes above the Earth’s surface via microwave sounding units but also constantly calibrate themselves by measuring the known temperature of the cosmic background radiation, which is 1% of the freezing point of water, or just 2.73 degrees above absolute zero. It was by measuring minuscule variations of the cosmic background radiation that the NASA anisotropy probe enabled the age of the Universe to be determined: it is 13.82 billion years.

3: The graph is accurate. The data are lifted monthly directly from the RSS website. They are read down from the text file by a computer algorithm and plotted automatically using an advanced routine that automatically adjusts the aspect ratio of the data window at both axes so as to show the data at maximum size. The latest monthly data point is visually inspected to ensure that it has been correctly positioned. The light blue trend line plotted beneath the dark blue spline-curve showing the actual data is calculated by the method of least-squares linear regression, which determines the y-intercept and slope of the line via two well-established and functionally identical equations that are compared with one another to ensure no discrepancy between them. Least-squares linear regression is used by the IPCC and by most other agencies for determining global temperature trends. Interestingly, it is recommended by Professor Phil Jones of the University of East Anglia in one of the Climategate emails, so no one on the true-believing side will challenge its appropriateness. The reliability of the trend calculation by the algorithm was verified by Dr Stephen Farish, Professor of Epidemiological Statistics at the University of Melbourne.

4: The graph is news. Not only is it very recent: it is also something that the mainstream news media very seldom reveal. They tend to keep the now embarrassingly long hiatus in global warming secret.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/03/...or-210-months/

2. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (03-27-2014)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

More science for the warmers to deny.... but there is a concensus that this scam is dead.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

4. The Following User Groans At Celticguy For This Awful Post:

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    More science for the warmers to deny.... but there is a concensus that this scam is dead.
    As there are five stages to grief; namely denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance. Much the same process is at work with the alarmists, I'd say that they are moving out of stage 1 into stage 2.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 03-26-2014 at 05:57 PM.

6. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

You know, Tom, if deniers were right, you wouldn't have to spam a brand new "disproof" every single day. Just one would do.

8. The Following User Groans At FUCK THE POLICE For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-27-2014)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (03-27-2014)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion the Imp View Post
    You know, Tom, if deniers were right, you wouldn't have to spam a brand new "disproof" every single day. Just one would do.
    You call it spamming, I call it setting the record straight. I can see that you are at stage 2 (anger) which is all good. Let it out then the healing process can begin. To quote Gloria Steinem, a feminist icon that I'm sure is revered down in Mississippi, “the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.”
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 03-27-2014 at 03:17 AM.

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

pre-derp-gast is a global warming denier lol. what a dope.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (03-28-2014)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Death is the road to Awe View Post
    pre-derp-gast is a global warming denier lol. what a dope.
    I have been here for several years and it's taken you that long to come up with such a lame variation of my surname.

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    As there are five stages to grief; namely denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance. Much the same process is at work with the alarmists, I'd say that they are moving out of stage 1 into stage 2.
    id think theyve been in the anger state since the flat earth meme came out some years back. Algore will be striking up the bargaining soon as his cash cow has died.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would have thought so as well but as so many warmers have adopted this as doctrine they are blinded by their zeal. Once you realize that CO2 cannot do the voodoo its claimed to do it becomes a no brainer. All the rest is just the clatter of the house of cards tumbling.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

except we get non stop fear mongering from the religious zealots that attend the church of man made global warming... funny thing is... they don't produce any data to support their position. When the non stop fear mongering ceases, then people will stop debunking their nonsense.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,735 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Anyone watch the 'winter' Olympics?

Nope...no warming anywhere.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (03-27-2014)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,735 Times in 14,330 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Or is this just proof that EPA regulations are actually working?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Or is this just proof that EPA regulations are actually working?
    No self respecting Rightie would ever admit that.
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Anyone watch the 'winter' Olympics?

Nope...no warming anywhere.
    lmao... do you understand how GLOBAL warming works? It does not mean that everyone has the same temperatures or that there won't be unusual weather. It means that ON AVERAGE the temperatures around the entire planet have not continued increasing as the fear mongers projected.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    You call it spamming, I call it setting the record straight. I can see that you are at stage 2 (anger) which is all good. Let it out then the healing process can begin. To quote Gloria Steinem, a feminist icon that I'm sure is revered down in Mississippi, “the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.”
    Global warming denial is the one thing you and 99% of the dumb hicks down here have in common. Hope you enjoy the company. I will go hang out with the 99% of scientists who are on my side.