Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Levin's Debating Skills

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,659 Times in 7,357 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Default Levin's Debating Skills

After suffering embarrassment at the hands of a Liberal caller while on the air, crybaby Rightie Mark Levin does just what so many JPP Righties do...he becomes enraged, refuses to admit his mistake and then resorts to taunts and derision.

FINALLY...we know who it was who taught most of the JPP Righties their "debating" skills.

Enraged radio host Mark Levin hangs up on atheist guest: ‘You have no tolerance!’

Conservative radio host Mark Levin became enraged on Monday and hung up on an atheist caller who had suggested that presidential candidates should not haves to believe in God.

During a radio segment flagged by The Right Scoop, a caller said that he was disappointed that Levin continued to “perpetuate the myth” that religious faith was a prerequisite for being a good leader.

“Oh, I forgot, I’m not supposed to mention faith or God,” Levin interrupted sarcastically. “I’ve decided to bring it up because I’m sick and tired of us being told, ‘Just tax cuts, don’t bring up that other stuff. Oh, my God! Don’t bring up God! For God sakes!’ Right? You got it?”

“To narrow down your desires, your qualifications for the next president, to list among them a professed faith, a religious faith, is ridiculous,” the caller noted. “I don’t want a religious president, no.”

“So, you’re an atheist, right?” Levin asked. “Okay, great. Can I help you out, pal? This world wasn’t created by atheists. Meaning, this country was not created by atheists.”

“The great thing about our Constitution and the great thing about the Judeo-Christian belief system is its tolerance,” he continued. “You see, you have almost no tolerance for my viewpoint. This is the thing that really angers you! On the other hand, if you’re an atheist, I could care less.”

“First of all, Mark, it’s ‘couldn’t care less,’” the caller observed.

“Actually, it is could care less,” Levin shot back. “You know, you’re an ass. I’ve had about enough of you. You’re a real punk. You know that?
    You have contributed nothing to this program in ten minutes. Zero. And you’re not that smart.”

“The problem that some of you atheists have is you’re intolerant. You’re intolerant. And you’re a punk. So, get lost. Get out of here.”

At that point, Levin disconnected the caller, and concluded that the segment had been a “waste of time.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/1...-no-tolerance/
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

Sun Devil (03-18-2014)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Levin is a total jerkoff and only plays at being a constitutionalist
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    After suffering embarrassment at the hands of a Liberal caller while on the air, crybaby Rightie Mark Levin does just what so many JPP Righties do...he becomes enraged, refuses to admit his mistake and then resorts to taunts and derision.

FINALLY...we know who it was who taught most of the JPP Righties their "debating" skills.

Enraged radio host Mark Levin hangs up on atheist guest: ‘You have no tolerance!’

Conservative radio host Mark Levin became enraged on Monday and hung up on an atheist caller who had suggested that presidential candidates should not haves to believe in God.

During a radio segment flagged by The Right Scoop, a caller said that he was disappointed that Levin continued to “perpetuate the myth” that religious faith was a prerequisite for being a good leader.

“Oh, I forgot, I’m not supposed to mention faith or God,” Levin interrupted sarcastically. “I’ve decided to bring it up because I’m sick and tired of us being told, ‘Just tax cuts, don’t bring up that other stuff. Oh, my God! Don’t bring up God! For God sakes!’ Right? You got it?”

“To narrow down your desires, your qualifications for the next president, to list among them a professed faith, a religious faith, is ridiculous,” the caller noted. “I don’t want a religious president, no.”

“So, you’re an atheist, right?” Levin asked. “Okay, great. Can I help you out, pal? This world wasn’t created by atheists. Meaning, this country was not created by atheists.”

“The great thing about our Constitution and the great thing about the Judeo-Christian belief system is its tolerance,” he continued. “You see, you have almost no tolerance for my viewpoint. This is the thing that really angers you! On the other hand, if you’re an atheist, I could care less.”

“First of all, Mark, it’s ‘couldn’t care less,’” the caller observed.

“Actually, it is could care less,” Levin shot back. “You know, you’re an ass. I’ve had about enough of you. You’re a real punk. You know that?
    You have contributed nothing to this program in ten minutes. Zero. And you’re not that smart.”

“The problem that some of you atheists have is you’re intolerant. You’re intolerant. And you’re a punk. So, get lost. Get out of here.”

At that point, Levin disconnected the caller, and concluded that the segment had been a “waste of time.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/1...-no-tolerance/
    Whats you point ?.....what makes you think Levin was embarrassed or enraged ? His demeanor is always like that....thats who he is on radio...

LIberals do just what he says.....claim the others side is intolerant while being intolerant themselves....its a daily thing right here....

'could care less' ?....,The phrase implies you are being sarcastic......and to point it out as being wrong or invalid by someone is being intolerant in itself....like the pinheads do
    here when bringing up typo's or a mis-spelling or a missing word in an otherwise valid post....intolerance, and playing 'gotcha'....
    Last edited by NOVA; 03-18-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

5. The Following User Groans At NOVA For This Awful Post:

The Dude (04-01-2014)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    Levin is a total jerkoff and only plays at being a constitutionalist
    If Levin thinks that religious faith was a prerequisite for being a good leader, its his opinion....no more or less invalid than anyone else's...

and certainly its IS NOT a prerequisite for any political office....nor should it be....but its obvious that everyone running for office brings his faith
    up as a believer in almost every case....

I don't listen to the guy and don't like him on a personal level....but then.......................................I have tolerance.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

7. The Following User Groans At NOVA For This Awful Post:

The Dude (04-01-2014)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

He hung up after giving the guy about 7 minutes Zippy. Seems pretty tolerant to me.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    He hung up after giving the guy about 7 minutes Zippy. Seems pretty tolerant to me.
    This is a typical strawman presentation that is the mo of most of zippy's rants .... crap that he gets from his far left opinion websites that he totally believes in....

yet he ridicules valid news links because he don't agree with the facts presented by them.

10. The Following User Groans At NOVA For This Awful Post:

The Dude (04-01-2014)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

MAGA MAN (03-18-2014)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    If Levin thinks that religious faith was a prerequisite for being a good leader, its his opinion....no more or less invalid than anyone else's...

and certainly its IS NOT a prerequisite for any political office....nor should it be....but its obvious that everyone running for office brings his faith

I don't listen to the guy and don't like him on a personal level....but then.......................................I have tolerance.
    I tried to listen to him for about 3 days. I had to quit when it became obvious that his points about the constitution sounded like a liberals. that despite evidence to the contrary, something means something else entirely.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

So it is intolerant to disagree or challenge the importance of faith in a leader? It's just another right wing crybaby whining about imagined persecution.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Whats you point ?.....what makes you think Levin was embarrassed or enraged ? His demeanor is always like that....thats who he is on radio...

LIberals do just what he says.....claim the others side is intolerant while being intolerant themselves....its a daily thing right here....

'could care less' ?....,The phrase implies you are being sarcastic......and to point it out as being wrong or invalid by someone is being intolerant in itself....like the pinheads do
    here when bringing up typo's or a mis-spelling or a missing word in an otherwise valid post....intolerance, and playing 'gotcha'....

Wrong, wrong, wrong...but is anybody REALLY surprised?

Using the phrase "Could care less" implies you DON'T KNOW what the correct phrase is.

Levin wasn't being "sarcastic" he was WRONG!

And in typical "know-it-all" Rightie fashion, he refuses to admit as much when his stupidity is pointed out to him.

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Which is correct: I could care less or I couldn't care less?

The expression I could not care less originally meant 'it would be impossible for me to care less than I do because I do not care at all'. It was originally a British saying and came to the US in the 1950s. It is senseless to transform it into the now-common I could care less. If you could care less, that means you care at least a little. The original is quite sarcastic and the other form is clearly nonsense. The inverted form I could care less was coined in the US and is found only here, recorded in print by 1966. The question is, something caused the negative to vanish even while the original form of the expression was still very much in vogue and available for comparison - so what was it? There are other American English expressions that have a similar sarcastic inversion of an apparent sense, such as Tell me about it!, which usually means 'Don't tell me about it, because I know all about it already'. The Yiddish I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often 'I have no hope of being so lucky', has a similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning as does I could care less.

http://dictionary.reference.com/help...guage/g09.html

Levin was right.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 327 Times in 263 Posts

Those investigative liberal basement dwellers of Rawstory, that watch Fox News and listen to conservative radio shows have really outdone themselves. They have another hot scoop, caught a conservative talk radio host not using the proper format. Meanwhile, Obama is planning another 57 state tour this summer, once he can figure out how to spell RESPECT.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    Which is correct: I could care less or I couldn't care less?

The expression I could not care less originally meant 'it would be impossible for me to care less than I do because I do not care at all'. It was originally a British saying and came to the US in the 1950s. It is senseless to transform it into the now-common I could care less. If you could care less, that means you care at least a little. The original is quite sarcastic and the other form is clearly nonsense. The inverted form I could care less was coined in the US and is found only here, recorded in print by 1966. The question is, something caused the negative to vanish even while the original form of the expression was still very much in vogue and available for comparison - so what was it? There are other American English expressions that have a similar sarcastic inversion of an apparent sense, such as Tell me about it!, which usually means 'Don't tell me about it, because I know all about it already'. The Yiddish I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often 'I have no hope of being so lucky', has a similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning as does I could care less.

http://dictionary.reference.com/help...guage/g09.html

Levin was right.

"It is senseless to transform it into the now-common I could care less. If you could care less, that means you care at least a little. The original is quite sarcastic and the other form is clearly nonsense. The inverted form I could care less was coined in the US and is found only here, recorded in print by 1966."

WOW...so some ignorant American got it wrong and DY pretends that justifies it's continued use.

Even though the very information he posted says I was RIGHT.

The ORIGINAL was sarcasm and the inverted form is clearly nonsense.

Levin is an idiot...just like Dumb Monkee/Wrong.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hasa Diga Eebowai View Post
    So it is intolerant to disagree or challenge the importance of faith in a leader? It's just another right wing crybaby whining about imagined persecution.
    to disagree or challenge his opinion is one thing but you have to also recognize his opinion is just as valid as the person disagreeing with him....thats the nature of opinions....as your

opinion that it is persecution....that is an opinion bordering on an outright lie in my opinion.... his "imagined" outrage isn't imagined at all, its his shtick...its his public radio persona.......

which in fact, I don't like, therefore, I ignore him....

19. The Following User Groans At NOVA For This Awful Post:

The Dude (04-01-2014)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    "It is senseless to transform it into the now-common I could care less. If you could care less, that means you care at least a little. The original is quite sarcastic and the other form is clearly nonsense. The inverted form I could care less was coined in the US and is found only here, recorded in print by 1966."

WOW...so some ignorant American got it wrong and DY pretends that justifies it's continued use.

Even though the very information he posted says I was RIGHT.

The ORIGINAL was sarcasm and the inverted form is clearly nonsense.

Levin is an idiot...just like Dumb Monkee/Wrong.

You just figure to ignore the rest....?

"There are other American English expressions that have a similar sarcastic inversion of an apparent sense, such as Tell me about it!, which usually means 'Don't tell me about it, because I know all about it already'. The Yiddish I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often 'I have no hope of being so lucky', has a similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning as does I could care less."

Or don't you understand the rest ?

21. The Following User Groans At NOVA For This Awful Post:

The Dude (04-01-2014)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

MAGA MAN (03-18-2014)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You just figure to ignore the rest....?

"There are other American English expressions that have a similar sarcastic inversion of an apparent sense, such as Tell me about it!, which usually means 'Don't tell me about it, because I know all about it already'. The Yiddish I should be so lucky!, in which the real sense is often 'I have no hope of being so lucky', has a similar stress pattern with the same sarcastic inversion of meaning as does I could care less."

Or don't you understand the rest ?
    Zippy likes to pick and choose parts of paragraphs to defend his incorrect views.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

NOVA (03-18-2014)