Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should no knock warrents be dis-allowed?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Should no knock warrents be dis-allowed?

Just had the incredibly unpleasant experience of 10 heavily armed sherrifs demanding entry in search of a fugitive (at the wrong address) .

Thank God they knocked and announced themselves and left shortly afterwards. Had it been a no knock there is no telling how many deaths may have occured. (both of my children were home), heavily armed and scared of criminals breaking into their home.

Considering all the wrongful deaths, committed by the police during the service of no- knock warrants at the wrong address, I suggest this practice be stopped, ASAP.

It is time to start pushing back against freedom robbing official intrusions, before they decide to implement Marshal Law just because they can.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rune For This Post:

anatta (03-19-2014), Annie (03-19-2014), Don Quixote (03-20-2014), Granule (03-19-2014), Sun Devil (03-17-2014)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

good luck with that. most people don't care enough unless it happens to them, then it's too late.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 32 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think for safety reasons for the officers and the people inside the house the Police Officers ought to announce themselves and their business because for the obvious: SAFETY.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sun Devil For This Post:

Rune (03-17-2014)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    So your kids have prescriptions for MJ!

If this has been a long term habit of yours, growing MJ around your kids, maybe the chemicals you've been using is what caused the problems.
    This is APP. I put this thread here on purpose. If you have anything to politely add on topic, great. Otherwise I am reporting your replies,
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,676 Times in 7,368 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Report them; because me pointing out your stupidity is not a violation.

1. No racism, sexism, homophobia, general bigotry - Nothing here
    2. No insults directed at specific individuals - Nothing here
    3. No trolling - Nothing here
    4. No flaming - Still nothing
    5. No "Message Board Wars," please check personal vendettas at the door - Didn't happen either
    6. No thread de-railment. Please stay on topic.

I see obvious violations of numbers 2, 3, and 6 with potential violations of 4 and 5.

I don't expect a liar like USF to admit as much, but with each new day there is renewed hope Grind may start treating board Conservatives the same way he treats the Liberals.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 50 Times in 48 Posts

No knock is a double edge sword, I fully understand the concerns of citizens and how traumatic it is when one of the rare wrongful entries are made. However, when you knock and announce alot of events happen, one they flush all the drugs, worse they ready all the weapons and get ready to blow your brains out.
    In NYC an announced raid gave the occupants time to set the bomb they had built and set up at the door when the door finally was hammered down the ensuing explosion killed one officer and retired 4 more.
    Like I said its a double edge sword

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    No knock is a double edge sword, I fully understand the concerns of citizens and how traumatic it is when one of the rare wrongful entries are made. However, when you knock and announce alot of events happen, one they flush all the drugs, worse they ready all the weapons and get ready to blow your brains out.
    In NYC an announced raid gave the occupants time to set the bomb they had built and set up at the door when the door finally was hammered down the ensuing explosion killed one officer and retired 4 more.
    How many innocent citizens have to die when the police get the address wrong before you will care?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rune For This Post:

anatta (03-19-2014), SmarterthanYou (03-19-2014)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

there was a meth lab hit the other day in Florida, something I head about was it was raining, so they just no knocked, and grabbed the couple in the house
    (apparently contact with water is explosive?)

So in this case, no knock was "warranted" in that the people could have blown up the cops, as well as themselves.

the problem is the widespread use, like everything else there is a place for these raids, but they are rare and exceptional.
    No knocks are far too common.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    How many innocent citizens have to die when the police get the address wrong before you will care?
    Youre overblowing it, youre trying to make it sound like it happens everyday and people in the thousands are dieing, nonesense. It does happen and it happens VERY RARELY. There are risks in every aspect of everyones life and in everything they do.
    Cops would be happy if they didnt have to run into a SINGLE building not knowing what was on the other side waiting for them knock or no knock. So go for it get ALL police interventions warranted or warrantless stopped, make them happy and a whole lot safer

I dont disagree that its horrific when a mistake is made and someone gets hurt. You dont see how tortured the police are when they are ORDERED to hit the wrong building from the command post.
    You need to realize what your missing here. Untold numbers of people are saved when Police do hit the right building like they do 99.9% of the time. Civilians seem to think cops are only looking for weed stoners and meth labs when they hit a door.

They stop human trafficing of teens, they stop sex trade operations that are FORCED. They capture and recapture murderers of the worst kind that are known will kill again. It covers the entire gamut of scumbag activities. Without these raids the numbers of victims would SOAR.
    Yes mistakes are made but the untold unreported numbers of humans SAVED from death and hell in these raids are never spoken of. Go ahead get ALL of them stopped make the cops happy.
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-19-2014 at 07:29 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Groan At Yoda For This Awful Post:

/MSG/ (03-19-2014), Rune (03-19-2014)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

anatta (03-19-2014)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so the 4th Amendment doesn't apply because cops could be in danger? the danger to the innocent citizen is irrelevant to you?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Youre overblowing it, youre trying to make it sound like it happens everyday and people in the thousands are dieing, nonesense. It does happen and it happens VERY RARELY. There are risks in every aspect of everyones life and in everything they do.
    Cops would be happy if they didnt have to run into a SINGLE building not knowing what was on the other side waiting for them knock or no knock. So go for it get ALL police interventions warranted or warrantless stopped, make them happy and a whole lot safer

I dont disagree that its horrific when a mistake is made and someone gets hurt. You dont see how tortured the police are when they are ORDERED to hit the wrong building from the command post.
    You need to realize what your missing here. Untold numbers of people are saved when Police do hit the right building like they do 99.9% of the time. Civilians seem to think cops are only looking for weed stoners and meth labs when they hit a door.

They stop human trafficing of teens, they stop sex trade operations that are FORCED. They capture and recapture murderers of the worst kind that are known will kill again. It covers the entire gamut of scumbag activities. Without these raids the numbers of victims would SOAR.
    Yes mistakes are made but the untold unreported numbers of humans SAVED from death and hell in these raids are never spoken of. Go ahead get ALL of them stopped make the cops happy.
    so basically if I make a mistake and kill someone because I felt my life in danger, I should still go to prison, but if a cop kills an innocent because he/she felt their life was in danger, that's just a 'mistake'?

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your wrong. Dead wrong.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rune For This Post:

/MSG/ (03-19-2014), SmarterthanYou (03-19-2014)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

No - knock warrants should be turned over to SWAT teams only and those should be taken and put in the national guard, so if the need is that great, the governor can be held accountable for their misuse. Also, it would put more emphasis on securing a proper address, because I can state unequivocally that if I got wrong housed, the cops would NOT like the fire fight.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so the 4th Amendment doesn't apply because cops could be in danger? the danger to the innocent citizen is irrelevant to you?
    Read my next post answers this question

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so basically if I make a mistake and kill someone because I felt my life in danger, I should still go to prison, but if a cop kills an innocent because he/she felt their life was in danger, that's just a 'mistake'?

If you have a beef with the law blame the lawyers and politicians who write them. Cops do not write the laws that tell them what their job requirements are and they dont decide what they are or arent allowed to do.

All incidents all actions are blamed on the cops performing them. Ive never seen a post stating this.

The lawyers and politicians who wrote and passed no knock laws along with the myriad of judges who have upheld the legality and constitutionality of no knock laws, should do time every time a cop is ORDERED to enter the wrong house because of the laws they passed and upheld and subsequently had police ORDERED to enforce.

All the cop blame crap falls on my dead ears, no one except another police officer understands the system, the way the system works, the purpose of the system.
    The very rare times a mistake is made the news whos in it for the cash splashs it everywhere. I will respectfully bow out of this conversation and let the ranters rant on about police and how they want to lynch them while never uttering a syllable about the real culprits, that wrote the laws, passed the laws and upheld the laws.

<fini>

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (03-19-2014)