Thread: Conservatives Outraged!

1. #631 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    On the list. Watched "Palm Springs" earlier. Enjoyable movie. Watching "Nomadland" now. It's like a fictionalized documentary. Slow, but interesting and beautifully shot.

I recorded the Golden Globes and watched, about an hour later, after Andra Day won. We'll watch "The United States vs. Billie Holiday" tomorrow.
    LOL if I were your dad I'd have to limit your screen time.

2. #632 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    You should probably get out more if your not aware of modern anti-semitism. As for people being critical of Israel, I went to college about 15 minutes drive from where famed martyr Rachel Corrie went to school. Obviously, she suffered death for her protest, but there was always a pretty large pro-Palestine/anti-Israel presence on campus and in the general area of Western WA.
    It may interest you to know that I am pro-Palistinian anti-The State of Israel. Not to be confused with being anti Semitic I appreciate your civil manner, but very difficult for me to get out more than I already do.

Sometimes being anti-state of Israel is construed to be anti Semitic, especially around college environments where many of the protesters are themselves Jewish. They don’t hate Jews, they hate the State of Israel, no differently than one hate the State of America, but not its people.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

3. #633 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    It may interest you to know that I am pro-Palistinian anti-The State of Israel. Not to be confused with being anti Semitic I appreciate your civil manner, but very difficult for me to get out more than I already do.

Sometimes being anti-state of Israel is construed to be anti Semitic, especially around college environments where many of the protesters are themselves Jewish. They don’t hate Jews, they hate the State of Israel, no differently than one hate the State of America, but not its people.
    I am Jewish and I completely oppose Israel's occupation of the West Bank, Gaza, and the Golan.

It is definitely not anti-Semitic to oppose Israel's policies of segregation and Apartheid.

Israel does not need any of those territories for its own border security...the only Israelis living there are the ultra-religious welfare queens who don't work, don't serve in the IDF, and instigate Palestinians.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

blackascoal (03-03-2021), Rune (03-03-2021)

5. #634 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I am Jewish and I completely oppose Israel's occupation of the West Bank, Gaza, and the Golan.

It is definitely not anti-Semitic to oppose Israel's policies of segregation and Apartheid.

Israel does not need any of those territories for its own border security...the only Israelis living there are the ultra-religious welfare queens who don't work, don't serve in the IDF, and instigate Palestinians.
    The next time someone confuses my belief on Israel with being antisemetic, I’m going to give them your phone number..

Thank you brother.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

LV426 (03-03-2021)

7. #635 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

As a side bar; I always wondered just what the hell are Conservatives "conserving" anyway? Because in my lifetime it sure as hell hasn't been people's jobs, their money or Smokey the Bear's backyard!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LV426 (03-03-2021)

9. #636 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    As a side bar; I always wondered just what the hell are Conservatives "conserving" anyway? Because in my lifetime it sure as hell hasn't been people's jobs, their money or Smokey the Bear's backyard!
    Well, William F. Buckley gave the game away back in 1955 when he said "Conservatism stands athwart history, yelling STOP!"

He said that a year after Brown v. Board of Education and the start of the Civil Rights Movement.

So I think they want to "conserve" white supremacy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Taichiliberal (03-03-2021)

11. #637 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post

Well, William F. Buckley gave the game away back in 1955 when he said "Conservatism stands athwart history, yelling STOP!"

He said that a year after Brown v. Board of Education and the start of the Civil Rights Movement.

So I think they want to "conserve" white supremacy.
    I'm old enough to have remembered watching that preposterous figure get his pseudo-intellectual ass handed to him by the likes of Noam Chomsky, James Baldwin and Gore Vidal. Classic!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LV426 (03-03-2021)

13. #638 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm old enough to have remembered watching that preposterous figure get his pseudo-intellectual ass handed to him by the likes of Noam Chomsky, James Baldwin and Gore Vidal. Classic!
    Ranks right up there with Phyllis Schlafly's husband humiliating her on live TV, and when Jon Stewart murdered Tucker Carlson on his own show.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Taichiliberal (03-03-2021)

15. #639 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Conservatives attempt to conserve what was once the status quo; feudalism. monarchy, prince and pauper, haves and have nots.
    This is why they hate progressives and especially social democrats who at least want a level playing field.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.