Thread: Conservatives Outraged!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    bingo sistah!
    Another one....you gotta be studying acting, huh ?...or is this a natural talent..
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    Odd mm didn't apologize to me for that lie that somehow I said that the "whipping post" is just a fictional creation of Hollywood .....that boy just can't man up and admit
    EVER making a mistake or telling a lie....but then, thats quite typical of ALL liberals on this board....
    Whip 'em all!

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

"as far as portraying real life"....did that line give you trouble ?....
    You know, real life....as opposed to......say, car chases in 007 movies, or shoot 'em ups in thriller movies.....

And oddly enough, I haven't ever wondered about flying monkeys anywhere, in the zoo, in the wild, or even in outer space....seems you did though.
    your implication was that this movie was just as far removed from real life as a 007 movie.... and you want me to apologize to YOU for that? are you on fucking drugs?

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    do you really think that Sally Hemmings WANTED to fuck Tom Jefferson?
    Free sex with a founding father...

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 8 Posts

12 Years a Slave was a good movie. I bet Maineman fantasized about owning a few slaves while watching this movie.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    I'm kinda pissed myself and I'm not even a conservative. I sat through 12 Years a Slave and I definitely found myself wondering "Where are the happy slaves?". Not to mention all the meals they got for free. Funny how the film leaves all that out.

It's just like Hollywood isn't it? They don't want you to know about the slaves who were all like, damn this is the best gig ever.

I think Tom wrote this article btw:

"If ever in slavery's 250-year history in North America there were a kind master or a contented slave, as in the nature of things there must have been, here and there, we may be sure that Mr McQueen does not want us to hear about it. This, in turn, surely means that his view of the history of the American South is as partial and one-sided as that of the hated Gone With the Wind."

http://spectator.org/articles/56909/...%E2%80%98truth
    Wow....I mean wow!!

Excuse me....I have to go wash...after reading this filth I feel...well dirty.

Who is this pervert Bowman? Does he even have a clue what he is rationalizing? "If ever in slavery’s 250-year history in North America there were a kind master or a contented slave, as in the nature of things there must have been, here and there, we may be sure that Mr McQueen does not want us to hear about it".???!!

I mean holy bat shit. Fuck no. Anyone who would take another humans freedom away and exploit them as little more than live stock is a fucking depraved individual by any civilized definintion. In other word by the very defintion of slavery there could no in no way shape or form be a kindly slave master. I mean how kindly can slavery be when it's a social institution enforced upon somone by coercion and violence at the point of a gun!!!! I mean what the fuck was this stupid asshole thinking or is he even capable of thinking?

The fact that this perverted sicko Bowman doesn't "get it" isn't just reprehensible it's just plain disgusting. What a sick bastard and by proxy the American Spectator editorial board must be composed of degenerate and depraved bastards who should have no part in American political life for endorsing such a twisted and evil article.

If I was a partisan white conservative southerner I'd tell this sick fuck to get lost.
    Last edited by Mott the Hoople; 03-11-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Cancel 2016.11 (03-11-2014), Phantasmal (03-14-2014)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Wow....I mean wow!!

Excuse me....I have to go wash...after reading this filth I feel...well dirty.

Who is this pervert Bowman? Does he even have a clue what he is rationalizing? "If ever in slavery’s 250-year history in North America there were a kind master or a contented slave, as in the nature of things there must have been, here and there, we may be sure that Mr McQueen does not want us to hear about it".???!!

I mean holy bat shit. Fuck no. Anyone who would take another humans freedom away and exploit them as little more than live stock is a fucking depraved individual by any civilized definintion. In other word by the very defintion of slavery there could no in no way shape or form be a kindly slave master. I mean how kindly can slavery be when it's a social institution enforced upon somone by coercion and violence at the point of a gun!!!! I mean what the fuck was this stupid asshole thinking or is he even capable of thinking?

The fact that this perverted sicko Bowman doesn't "get it" isn't just reprehensible it's just plain disgusting. What a sick bastard and by proxy the American Spectator editorial board must be composed of degenerate and depraved bastards who should have no part in American political life for endorsing such a twisted and evil article.

If I was a partisan white conservative southerner I'd tell this sick fuck to get lost.
    I have to say I'm impressed with their ability to make everything about their victimization. A film depicting the real-life events in the life of a slave and who is the victim? White dudes.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (03-11-2014), Phantasmal (03-14-2014)

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

"as far as portraying real life"....did that line give you trouble ?....
    You know, real life....as opposed to......say, car chases in 007 movies, or shoot 'em ups in thriller movies.....

And oddly enough, I haven't ever wondered about flying monkeys anywhere, in the zoo, in the wild, or even in outer space....seems you did though.
    So you knew the flying monkeys were fake the first time you saw The Wizard of Oz?
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    So you knew the flying monkeys were fake the first time you saw The Wizard of Oz?

Its been 50+ years so I don't remember much about it except the music....

So there were flying monkeys huh.....are you sure it wasn't' squirrels ?
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its been 50+ years so I don't remember much about it except the music....

So there were flying monkeys huh.....are you sure it wasn't' squirrels ?
    yeah only they were just ordinary monkeys hanging from strings. No cg to remove that from the frame..
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Belieber View Post
    12 Years a Slave was a good movie. I bet Maineman fantasized about owning a few slaves while watching this movie.
    I'll take that bet.

wanna just pay up now?

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Getting back to the thread, here is some very good reading about life as a slave from real people that lived it....

"Slave Narratives: A Folk History of Slavery in the United States from Interviews with Former Slaves," offers a sobering look at life after slavery, including 500 black-and-white photographs.

Voices and Faces from the Collection

This ain't Hollywood, this ain't fiction, and it is worth the time to read ....

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    yeah only they were just ordinary monkeys hanging from strings. No cg to remove that from the frame..
    How about that............kinda like mm.....

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Getting back to the thread, here is some very good reading about life as a slave from real people that lived it....

"Slave Narratives: A Folk History of Slavery in the United States from Interviews with Former Slaves," offers a sobering look at life after slavery, including 500 black-and-white photographs.

Voices and Faces from the Collection

This ain't Hollywood, this ain't fiction, and it is worth the time to read ....
    "12 Years a Slave" wasn't a work of fiction.

And it's a movie about a personal story. I never heard anyone say that it's supposed to give a full, comprehensive overview of slavery.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so before we leave... is it fair to say that you think that 12 years a slave is as stylized a version of reality as a 007 movie?