Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2 and MAGA MAN

Thread: More CPAC nonsense...the lies are FLYIN!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,667 Times in 7,364 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Default More CPAC nonsense...the lies are FLYIN!

Oh the HUMANITY...the EMOTION...

Paul Ryan tugs on the HEARTSTRINGS of CPAC attendees...except, as usual

...it's just another LIE!

Report: Paul Ryan’s ‘brown bag’ CPAC story stolen from a book about a homeless child

Tea Party Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) anecdote criticizing government school lunch programs was apparently lifted from a book about an encounter between a student and a private benefactor.

Wonkette reported on Thursday that Ryan’s remarks at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Thursday regarding a “young boy from a very poor family” relying on “a government program” for his lunches was strikingly similar to the premise of the book An Invisible Thread, which recounted author Laura Schroff’s 1986 meeting with an 11-year-old “homeless panhandler” named Maurice, who was receiving lunches through a school program.

Schroff wrote that she offered Maurice a choice between giving him enough money for a week, or taking him to a supermarket to buy him enough food to cover the same amount of time. The book then detailed this exchange:

“If you make me lunch,” he said, “will you put it in a brown paper bag?”

I didn’t really understand the question. “Do you want it in a brown paper bag?” I asked. “Or how would you prefer it?”

“Miss Laura,” he said, “I don’t want your money. I want my lunch in a brown paper bag.”

“Okay, sure. But why do you want it in a bag?”

“Because when I see kids come to school with their lunch in a paper bag, that means someone cares about them. Miss Laura, can I please have my lunch in a paper bag?”

Maurice and Schroff subsequently began meeting for lunch every Monday, developing a family-like relationship, which they discussed on Fox News host Mike Huckabee’s show in January 2013.

“Here I was, and this 11-year-old kid was teaching me things,” Schroff told Huckabee. “He taught me the definition of lunch in a paper bag. The bag is only brown paper. But what you put into it is something we all call love.”

On Thursday, Ryan recounted nearly the exact same story, attributing it to Wisconsin Department of Children and Families Director Eloise Anderson, who was appointed by Gov. Scott Walker (R). But Ryan said it was Anderson who met a young student who told her he did not want a lunch from a government program, but one served in a brown paper bag.

“He wanted one, he said, because he knew a kid with a brown paper bag had someone who cared for him,” Ryan said. “This is what the left does not understand.”

Another Tea Party lawmaker, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), attracted criticism in November 2013 after he was caught stealing passages from Wikipedia during his speeches. Transcripts of the speeches in question were also found to have been pulled from his website after the accusations.

Update, 10:06 p.m. EST: At the time of their appearance on Huckabee’s show, Schrock and Maurice promoted the Share Our Strength No Kid Hungry campaign. Two months later, the campaign released a statement opposing Ryan’s House budget proposal, which included cutting the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP) Program by $125 million.

“It’s important to remember that half of all SNAP participants are children, and the program provides a critical role in making sure that, even when their families face tough economic times, children are still able to get the healthy food they need,” Senior Manager of National Allies Lucy Melcher wrote. “SNAP is one of our nation’s most effective anti-poverty programs and cuts like those included in this budget proposal will leave millions of children without access to the food they need to thrive.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/0...omeless-child/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

what if we funded SNAP fully, and added enough funding to buy a bunch of brown paper bags to put the lunches is?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Thats as bad as Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign accussing Barack Obama of committing plagiarism during their campaign

Bush's speechwriter accussing Obama of plagiarism in 2007

Biden's plagiarism of Neil Kinnock when he tried to run for president.

McCain accussed of plagiarism in 08 speech

Hillary accussed of plagiarizing John Edwards

Then Cindy McCain plagiarizing recipes

Rand Paul accursed of plagiarism

Every time some sap repeats the words written for him by his aides,
    he opens the door to being accursed of plagiarism.....lol
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

4. The Following User Groans At NOVA For This Awful Post:

The Dude (03-07-2014)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-08-2014)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

You know what is far worse is, say this was true. Like WTF does it mean? Poor people don't love their kids? Or if you're a kid and you don't have a parent who loves you, it's better you starve? Both?

This guy is such a low life piece of shit, I hope he dies and have since the first time I heard him. He's straight up evil.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

maineman (03-07-2014), The Dude (03-07-2014), zappasguitar (03-07-2014)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Ryan is not out of the closet yet!
    He will be the first openly gay republican.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    Thats as bad as Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign accussing Barack Obama of committing plagiarism during their campaign

Bush's speechwriter accussing Obama of plagiarism in 2007

Biden's plagiarism of Neil Kinnock when he tried to run for president.

McCain accussed of plagiarism in 08 speech

Hillary accussed of plagiarizing John Edwards

Then Cindy McCain plagiarizing recipes

Rand Paul accursed of plagiarism

Every time some sap repeats the words written for him by his aides,
    he opens the door to being accursed of plagiarism.....lol
    so... are you saying that when these democrats plagiarized, you were not at all upset by their actions and felt that what they did was perfectly OK?

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    so... are you saying that when these democrats plagiarized, you were not at all upset by their actions and felt that what they did was perfectly OK?
    Democrats ?.....

McCain isn't a democrat
    Cindy McCain iisn't a democrat
    Rand Paul isn't a democrat

I said exactly what I posted.....Every time some sap repeats the words written for him by his aides,
    he opens the door to being accursed of plagiarism

Why is your reading comprehension so lacking ?
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Tea Party Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) anecdote criticizing government school lunch programs was apparently lifted from a book about an encounter between a student and a private benefactor.

On Thursday, Ryan recounted nearly the exact same story, attributing it to Wisconsin Department of Children and Families Director Eloise Anderson, who was appointed by Gov. Scott Walker (R). But Ryan said it was Anderson who met a young student who told her he did not want a lunch from a government program, but one served in a brown paper bag.
    Really? Is this the extent to which liberals are willing to twist their already-twisted minds to come up with a "lie"? Obviously Ryan never read the piece and heard the story from this Anderson woman, who may have made it her own, or said something like "a kid said" and Ryan assumed she meant the kid said it to her.

Talk about a nuthin' burger. This reeks of desperation.

Let's talk about some real lies:

We shouldn't mandate the purchase of health care
    If you like your health insurance plan, you can keep it. Period.
    If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period.
    This health care bill is a "jobs bill"
    This health care bill will cut families' premiums an average of $2500 a year
    Over the past two years health premiums have gone up - it's true - but they've gone up slower than any time in the last 50 years
    I will cut the deficit in half
    I will only raise taxes on the top 5% of earners
    95% of taxpayers will get a tax cut
    I will close Guantanamo Bay on my first day in office
    I will sit down with Iran and North Korea and solve the nuclear problem
    I oppose gay marriage
    The use of chemical weapons in Syria will cross a "red line"
    I didn't set a red line. The world set a red line
    Benghazi was caused by a disgusting YouTube video
    I said Benghazi was a terrorist attack from the beginning
    I will create millions of new, good paying jobs
    The stimulus bill will fund thousands of shovel ready jobs
    I've done more for Israel's security than any President ever
    Under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions and federal conscience laws will remain in place
    Doctors choose amputation because they get better compensation. Doctors taking out tonsils for more money
    RaiderNation <==== Likes getting mounted by randy mules lubed up by Voted4Reagan

12. The Following User Groans At Taft2016 For This Awful Post:

The Dude (03-09-2014)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Taft2016 For This Post:

Callinectes (03-08-2014)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow. That really gives me sumthin' to think about. Okay, that's long enough. Still not voting for a democrat. Not even for DOGCATCHER.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

15. The Following User Groans At Callinectes For This Awful Post:

The Dude (03-09-2014)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Taft2016 (03-08-2014)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Oh the HUMANITY...the EMOTION...

Paul Ryan tugs on the HEARTSTRINGS of CPAC attendees...except, as usual

...it's just another LIE!

Report: Paul Ryan’s ‘brown bag’ CPAC story stolen from a book about a homeless child

Wonkette reported on Thursday that Ryan’s remarks at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Thursday regarding a “young boy from a very poor family” relying on “a government program” for his lunches was strikingly similar to the premise of the book An Invisible Thread, which recounted author Laura Schroff’s 1986 meeting with an 11-year-old “homeless panhandler” named Maurice, who was receiving lunches through a school program.

Schroff wrote that she offered Maurice a choice between giving him enough money for a week, or taking him to a supermarket to buy him enough food to cover the same amount of time. The book then detailed this exchange:

“If you make me lunch,” he said, “will you put it in a brown paper bag?”

I didn’t really understand the question. “Do you want it in a brown paper bag?” I asked. “Or how would you prefer it?”

“Miss Laura,” he said, “I don’t want your money. I want my lunch in a brown paper bag.”

“Okay, sure. But why do you want it in a bag?”

“Because when I see kids come to school with their lunch in a paper bag, that means someone cares about them. Miss Laura, can I please have my lunch in a paper bag?”

Maurice and Schroff subsequently began meeting for lunch every Monday, developing a family-like relationship, which they discussed on Fox News host Mike Huckabee’s show in January 2013.

“Here I was, and this 11-year-old kid was teaching me things,” Schroff told Huckabee. “He taught me the definition of lunch in a paper bag. The bag is only brown paper. But what you put into it is something we all call love.”

“He wanted one, he said, because he knew a kid with a brown paper bag had someone who cared for him,” Ryan said. “This is what the left does not understand.”

Another Tea Party lawmaker, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), attracted criticism in November 2013 after he was caught stealing passages from Wikipedia during his speeches. Transcripts of the speeches in question were also found to have been pulled from his website after the accusations.

Update, 10:06 p.m. EST: At the time of their appearance on Huckabee’s show, Schrock and Maurice promoted the Share Our Strength No Kid Hungry campaign. Two months later, the campaign released a statement opposing Ryan’s House budget proposal, which included cutting the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP) Program by $125 million.

“It’s important to remember that half of all SNAP participants are children, and the program provides a critical role in making sure that, even when their families face tough economic times, children are still able to get the healthy food they need,” Senior Manager of National Allies Lucy Melcher wrote. “SNAP is one of our nation’s most effective anti-poverty programs and cuts like those included in this budget proposal will leave millions of children without access to the food they need to thrive.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/0...omeless-child/
    Dude...it's CPAC. He's throwing raw meat to the jackals.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

The Dude (03-09-2014)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    You know what is far worse is, say this was true. Like WTF does it mean? Poor people don't love their kids? Or if you're a kid and you don't have a parent who loves you, it's better you starve? Both?

This guy is such a low life piece of shit, I hope he dies and have since the first time I heard him. He's straight up evil.
    One of my sales reps at work was a football player at Miami of Ohio and a frat bro of Ryan's. He's a major league asshole too. I was assigned to him cause I am known to have a thick skin and don't get to bent about Sellers behaving badly. This guy makes SF look as humble as the Dali Lama. We're talking major league asshole. Only reason I put up with him is he is very good at his work.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't understand people getting upset about a politician lying. That's like getting mad at a bird for flying.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Callinectes (03-08-2014), The Dude (03-09-2014)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Sellers behaving badly
    RaiderNation <==== Likes getting mounted by randy mules lubed up by Voted4Reagan