Members banned from this thread: The Dude and Big Money

Thread: Barack Obama, Michelle Obama and Joe Biden applaud NFL draft prospect Michael Sam

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 550 Posts

Default Barack Obama, Michelle Obama and Joe Biden applaud NFL draft prospect Michael Sam

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...er-him-on-Twit

Michael Sam, All-American defensive end, SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year, and NFL draft prospect tells ESPN's "Outside the Lines" he is gay.

Sam is eligible for the NFL draft in May. Assuming that he is drafted, Sam could become the first openly gay player in the history of the NFL.

CBS dropped Michael Sam 70 spots in its draft rankings over night.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/1...draft-rankings
    "Democrats will make you go broke on welfare but Republicans will make you go broke on warfare"~Papa

"Once you submit to a political party you start justifying the terrible parts of that party to win"~Me

"Anyone certain, is mistaken."~Best Political Quote Ever

"People who don't understand the necessity for guns, don't follow the Constitution. People who don't understand the necessity to regulate gun ownership, do not follow the Constitution."~Me

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Michael Sam gets support from N.Y. Giants and the Patriots.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...iants-patriots

"I would just echo what the league and Zak DeOssie, one of our captains, have said in welcoming Michael into our league and supporting him as he attempts to achieve his dream of playing in the NFL," Mara said. "Our sport, our game, is the ultimate meritocracy. You earn your way with your ability"

"We're about winning," Kraft said, per the Boston Herald. "And anyone who can come in here and help us win, I personally don't care what their ethnic background is, their racial background, the gender preference. If they can help us win, and they're about team first, then I'm happy to have him here."
    "Democrats will make you go broke on welfare but Republicans will make you go broke on warfare"~Papa

"Once you submit to a political party you start justifying the terrible parts of that party to win"~Me

"People who don't understand the necessity for guns, don't follow the Constitution. People who don't understand the necessity to regulate gun ownership, do not follow the Constitution."~Me

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 327 Times in 263 Posts

President Obama's first question on Michael Sam was, Is he a tight end or a wide receiver?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 22 Posts

Michael Sam is more of a man than about 100% of the self identified men on this board. He is honest and that takes courage beyond anything other.

Petula

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 327 Times in 263 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Village Negroe View Post
    Michael Sam is more of a man than about 100% of the self identified men on this board. He is honest and that takes courage beyond anything other.

Petula

Real courage, send your dad a text message that says look at me I am a cock sucking fag.

The All-American defensive end came out to his teammates at Missouri last August, but didn’t inform his parents until last week.

Michael Sam Sr. said his son sent him a text message that said, “Dad, I’m gay.” The elder Sam told the New York Times that he was floored by the text.

“I couldn’t eat no more, so I went to Applebee’s to have drinks,” Sam Sr. told the Times. “I don’t want my grandkids raised in that kind of environment.”

While he hopes his son makes it to the NFL, Sam Sr. made it clear that he’s uncomfortable with the idea of an openly gay player competing in the league.
    Deacon Jones, the legendary former pass rusher, “is turning over in his grave,” Sam Sr. said.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StormX View Post

Real courage, send your dad a text message that says look at me I am a cock sucking fag.

The All-American defensive end came out to his teammates at Missouri last August, but didn’t inform his parents until last week.

Michael Sam Sr. said his son sent him a text message that said, “Dad, I’m gay.” The elder Sam told the New York Times that he was floored by the text.

“I couldn’t eat no more, so I went to Applebee’s to have drinks,” Sam Sr. told the Times. “I don’t want my grandkids raised in that kind of environment.”

While he hopes his son makes it to the NFL, Sam Sr. made it clear that he’s uncomfortable with the idea of an openly gay player competing in the league.
    Deacon Jones, the legendary former pass rusher, “is turning over in his grave,” Sam Sr. said.
    First off provide a link. Extreme party media always takes snip's from sentences that best suits their media. The left is saying the Mizzou QB "isn't ok with it" and you are saying his dad "isn't ok with it". The wider text on the QB shows that he does not condone being gay (a Christian perspective) but he did not judge him and was happy to work with him as a teammate.

I would put money down that says you did the same thing with your link... edit I spent 1 second on you and found this link. I'm not even going to read it because all you all do is lie. I've spent years exposing those lies but you all don't care so I don't either.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ed-by-ny-times