Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why are there so many people with racist feelings on these boards?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 306 Times in 291 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Really, that board is actually thriving? Wow.
    Fox News is thriving, too!
    In Solidarity with Darla, women and rape victims all over the world I too am changing my signature!

" 'I wonder if you were aware that she was not a virgin? There was this narrative that she was an innocent 13 yo when in actual fact she was anything but...this puts a fresh perspective on events[,]' TOM PRENDERGAST about a 13 yo rape victim. The 'events' being, she was drugged, then raped vaginally, orally and anally by a 43 yo man."

How do you like them apples, tommy?

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Devil View Post
    Are you kidding me? For Psychology USC is one of the top schools in the United States. When I go full-time my tuition alone is over $45k
    That should pay off when you hit 85

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Aoxomoxoa View Post
    They do have a lot more sub forums, I shall probably start posting in the Science and Technology one and see how it goes.
    Done with it.
    Last edited by Damocles; 02-03-2014 at 08:04 AM. Reason: nope. TMAOLI
    In Solidarity with Darla, women and rape victims all over the world I too am changing my signature!

" 'I wonder if you were aware that she was not a virgin? There was this narrative that she was an innocent 13 yo when in actual fact she was anything but...this puts a fresh perspective on events[,]' TOM PRENDERGAST about a 13 yo rape victim. The 'events' being, she was drugged, then raped vaginally, orally and anally by a 43 yo man."

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

They do have a lot more sub forums, I shall probably start posting in the Science and Technology one and see how it goes.
    I hope you enjoy the boards, just as I hope I enjoy my time here. No reason to keep yourself isolated to one message board. The internet is a big place.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

American was a racist country nearly from the beginning. The first slaves were brought to Jamestown in 1619, and while white people were brought as indentured slaves for a period, black people were brought as slaves for their lives or until emancipated through self-purchase. One of the strangest concepts in early America or at least through 1865 when the 13th amendment finally freed the slaves and outlawed slavery "except as a punishment for crime," the exception that together with laws such as not getting off the sidewalk so that a white person could pass, or spitting in public or not showing proper respect to a white person and so on that nearly made being black a crime, permitted slavery well into the late twentieth century. Slavery itself was a badge of inferiority and the ideology of white superiority and black superiority was written into the constitution in 1789 and had been a great part of American ideology, legal history and cultural imperative through the twentieth century and was last seen in its most virulent form in the well know New York Times best-seller The Bell Curve (1994), which claimed to scientifically prove (see Edward W. Saïd's Orientalism (1978), for how science works culturally to justify racism), that black children because of numerous influences and racial attributes, were just more ignorant than white children.

So with a history of white superiority in law and culture that goes back to 1619 is it any wonder that some poor misguided fools still haven't gotten the memo? Hardly. It is part and parcel of who we are as a nation and as a people, that is, a nation of racists who have to consciously work daily to subvert our cultural heritage and proclivities. For the most part we have still a lot of work to do. And the level of understanding about it is really rather stark and bleak! But as long as we continue to pretend that allowing people to be as racist as they want to be is simply freedom of expression, and pretend that spouting racist sentiments is permitted and justified under freedom of speech, and forget exactly what white superiority is about and what it's history is, we are still hardly better than we were in the 1850s.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dantès For This Post:

iolo (02-03-2014), The Dude (02-02-2014)

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dantès View Post
    Just removing quote stuff...

Sorry to raise your hopes sunshine, I am not planning on leaving here. You can be a member of more than one forum you should know that there is a Dante over there, isn't that you?
    Last edited by Damocles; 02-03-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: TMAOLI

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry to raise your hopes sunshine, I am not planning on leaving here. You can be a member of more than one forum you should know that there is a Dante over there, isn't that you?

Done with it.
    Last edited by Damocles; 02-03-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Nope.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dantès For This Post:

The Dude (02-02-2014)

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dantès View Post
    Hah!
    You are so full of verbal diarrhoea, you could block a main sewer pipe with it. I would love to know exactly what scientific credentials you bring to the table. You are like any liberal arts Marxist leaning blowhard I have ever met and believe me I've met many. So what is your area of expertise anyway sunshine? I would make a guess at sociology, English literature or maybe even history.

I have a friend, who is left leaning, that was a lecturer at Oxford university for many years in environmental science. We converse often on the subject of AGW and I've noticed recently that his stance has markedly changed and he is more ready to accept alternative scenarios. You, however, are one of the many that think they can use ridicule as an alternative to serious discussion. Everything you say is laden with dogma and ignorance, nobody on here takes you seriously apart from the Darlaks.
    Last edited by Damocles; 02-03-2014 at 08:04 AM. Reason: removed most of the quote

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Devil View Post
    Are you kidding me? For Psychology USC is one of the top schools in the United States. When I go full-time my tuition alone is over $45k
    Good lord! That's like saying Kentucky has the best poultry science program in the United States...so what?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

The Dude (02-02-2014)

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
    Ah, it's so wonderful not having to pay for school. Almost worth the nightmares, insomnia, hearing loss, and myriad of other problems I have. Almost.
    Yes....but look at the bright side...you're already more productive. I know the feeling though. I had to pay for my education via work and student loans and I when I was younger I resented the hell out of the kids who's parents could afford to send them to elite schools while I went to good ole State U. What really peeved me was that hardly any of them appreciated this gift from their parents and were Mickey Mouse majors.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

evince (02-03-2014)

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

You are so full of verbal diarrhoea, you could block a main sewer pipe with it. I would love to know exactly what scientific credentials you bring to the table. You are like any liberal arts Marxist leaning blowhard I have ever met and believe me I've met many. So what is your area of expertise anyway sunshine? I would make a guess at sociology, English literature or maybe even history.

I have a friend, who is left leaning, that was a lecturer at Oxford university for many years in environmental science. We converse often on the subject of AGW and I've noticed recently that his stance has markedly changed and he is more ready to accept alternative scenarios. You, however, are one of the many that think they can use ridicule as an alternative to serious discussion. Everything you say is laden with dogma and ignorance, nobody on here takes you seriously apart from the Darlaks.

Rule #5 from Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. Ridicule is the most potent weapon. Take the time to read his book. When you do, like I did, you will see that what he advocates is shown on this board on a daily basis by the likes of Darla and Dante's. They are radical activists. They are not seeking reasoned debate. They seek to change this board like they want to change everything else they don't like about our society. That the board mods do not bend to their will drives them fucking insane. I would venture to guess that their routine has been quite effective on the internets, but this is still a bastion of freedom of expression. That cannot be tolerated by the Darlaks and must be squashed.

That people don't see this is astonishing to me.

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Rule #5 from Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. Ridicule is the most potent weapon. Take the time to read his book. When you do, like I did, you will see that what he advocates is shown on this board on a daily basis by the likes of Darla and Dante's. They are radical activists. They are not seeking reasoned debate. They seek to change this board like they want to change everything else they don't like about our society. That the board mods do not bend to their will drives them fucking insane. I would venture to guess that their routine has been quite effective on the internets, but this is still a bastion of freedom of expression. That cannot be tolerated by the Darlaks and must be squashed.

Yea right....like anyone is going to take your advice.

17. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post

The Tea Party "leadership" has been heavily influenced by Rules for Radicals as well.

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 32 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
    Ah, it's so wonderful not having to pay for school. Almost worth the nightmares, insomnia, hearing loss, and myriad of other problems I have. Almost.
    I'm not paying for school. It's called "fellowships" A.K.A secret loans

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sun Devil For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-03-2014)

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 32 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Good lord! That's like saying Kentucky has the best poultry science program in the United States...so what?
    The more expensive a program the more prestige of that program. Most schools that are very prestigious charge that amount. I might as well go to an Ivy League school is my point. SC is a very good school with a good alumni base.