Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear CHRISTIANS-How will this marriage destroy traditional marriage?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Default Dear CHRISTIANS-How will this marriage destroy traditional marriage?

Just one question for the folk who keep claiming gay marriage will destroy the traditional family and society as we know it...

How SPECIFICALLY will that happen?

These Grandfathers Getting Married Might Just Make You Well Up

Together 46 years, Lewis Duckett and Billy Jones were introduced through a mutual friend. While Billy was deployed in Vietnam, the two were forced to write coded letters to each other to keep their relationship a secret. Eventually they adopted a baby, became grandfathers and then, finally, got married.

Watch the full video here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/th...l?sf21524348=1

How-SPECIFICALLY-will the marriage of those two fine gentlemen destroy the fabric of American society?

Enlighten me please.
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 100 Times in 95 Posts

It won't.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jimnyc For This Post:

Damocles (01-13-2014)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It won't.

There are quite a few who don't agree with you.

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 538 Times in 476 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Jesus said marriage is a man and a woman. Jesus Christ was homophobic. Gee, who knew.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 100 Times in 95 Posts

That's the beauty of America, we can all disagree. I fully admit that I am against gay marriage. But do I think it will somehow invalidate other marriages? Or society as a whole? Of course not, that's silly. But that also doesn't mean I think they are positive for marriage as a whole or society.

As for the gents in the article. Who gives a shit? Other than their respective families maybe. It's getting tiresome hearing about every other gay marriage. It feels like the non-stop stories are being shoved in faces over and over.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimnyc For This Post:

MAGA MAN (01-13-2014), The Dude (01-13-2014)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael Pequod View Post
    Jesus said marriage is a man and a woman. Jesus Christ was homophobic. Gee, who knew.

So I guess that means you can't answer the question?

9. The Following User Groans At ZappasGuitar For This Awful Post:

The Dude (01-13-2014)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just one question for the folk who keep claiming gay marriage will destroy the traditional family and society as we know it...

How SPECIFICALLY will that happen?

These Grandfathers Getting Married Might Just Make You Well Up

Together 46 years, Lewis Duckett and Billy Jones were introduced through a mutual friend. While Billy was deployed in Vietnam, the two were forced to write coded letters to each other to keep their relationship a secret. Eventually they adopted a baby, became grandfathers and then, finally, got married.

Watch the full video here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/th...l?sf21524348=1

How-SPECIFICALLY-will the marriage of those two fine gentlemen destroy the fabric of American society?

Enlighten me please.

Yoooo Hooooo...

cawacko...

You were all over this a few minutes ago when you could climb up on your soapbox and get all outraged over my use of the word "homophobe".

Well I took away the inspiration for your righteous anger.

Think maybe NOW you can answer the question?

11. The Following User Groans At ZappasGuitar For This Awful Post:

The Dude (01-13-2014)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Zappas, I don't care what you two women do in private. Or your two grandfathers. Just don't call it marriage.

-----------Merged------------

Care to back that up? Or, admit your straw man.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Does a gay couple getting married forcibly alter the beliefs of those that believe the above?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    Zappas, I don't care what you two women do in private. Or your two grandfathers. Just don't call it marriage.
    Why not?

Alrightie...here ya go!

Charisma: Gays Will Destroy America Like Nazis in Germany

Responding to the White House’s LGBT Pride celebration, Pastor Larry Tomczak in Charisma magazine maintained that gays and their allies are putting America “on the path to destruction.” Tomczak writes that events which “brazenly celebrate, legitimize and promote the gay lifestyle in America” are part of the country’s “downward spiral” and gay “tsunami.”

After the pastor shared a story about how his father-in-law, a veteran of World War II, confronted his church for not speaking out more aggressively against homosexuality, Tomczak drew parallels between gays in America and Nazis in 1930s Germany: “It would do us well to recall that in Nazi Germany, only a small percentage of the people were part of the Nazi party. Amid the atrocities, the overwhelming majority were apathetic and afraid to speak up…. Is history repeating itself?”

Observing the president of our United States on Thursday in the White House, kicking off the official celebration of "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Month," he was introduced by two 9-year-old girls celebrating their lesbian mothers.

Flanked by a smiling Vice President Biden, President Obama then called out individuals with gay backgrounds amid applause. Finally, he reaffirmed his commitment to same-sex marriage and gay initiatives in America. This coincides with his administration releasing directives so that individuals will be forced to affirm homosexuality in the federal government. Remaining silent will be seen as discrimination and put their jobs in jeopardy.

Last week in Washington, D.C., was the giant gay pride event. This week it comes to Nashville, Tenn. These events are taking place all over America to brazenly celebrate, legitimize and promote the gay lifestyle in America. Having attended multiple events like this to share the gospel over the past decade, I can assure you there are parades, but they're not G-rated. Although children are everywhere, nudity, profanity, debauchery, drunkenness and drug abuse abound.

What is happening to our United States of America?

- See the whole article at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten....ZcATz8Jc.dpuf

Here's another:

In a column for the Christian Post today, Bishop Harry Jackson claims that children raised by single moms often “turn to lives of crime and violence” in order gain attention from father figures.

Naturally, Jackson connects this assertion to the debate over marriage equality, warning that legalizing same-sex marriage will create “broken relationships” within families that will “destroy children.” He even pushes the consistently debunked claim that marriage rates fall in countries that pass gay marriage laws because people “simply stopped bothering to get married in the first place”:

Is it any wonder that young boys turn to lives of crime and violence, when the purveyors of such lifestyles are the only men to show them any real attention? It is about as surprising as a starving child attempting to steal bread. And no social policy that fails to take into account the deep and legitimate need that every child has for both a mother and a father can ever be considered fair or just.

What does the internal aching so many children have for their missing fathers have to do with how marriage is legally defined? Advocates of redefining marriage constantly scoff at the notion that their policy goals could have a negative effect on anyone. "How does the legal union of two homosexual men affect your marriage?" they ask mockingly.

And of course the debate has nothing to do with my marriage or yours. It has to do with how future generations of adults will approach the very idea of marriage and parenthood. We already have nearly two decades of social experimentation in Scandinavia to draw upon. And it tells us that the broader the definition of marriage is the fewer adults bother with it in the first place. Since legalizing registered partnerships and gay marriage in Scandinavia, an overwhelming number of adults have simply stopped bothering to get married in the first place.

As I have pointed out many times before, words that mean everything, mean nothing. The looser we make the definition of marriage, the fewer people will feel bound to its obligations and constraints. And while broken relationships can hurt adults, they can destroy children.

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/harry-jackson-gay-marriage-will-destroy-children#sthash.FkRnYo9A.dpuf

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-13-2014)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Does a gay couple getting married forcibly alter the beliefs of those that believe the above?
    Nope. That's not the issue. Why am I not surprised. It changes the definition of marriage. That's the objection.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,748 Times in 33,619 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's the beauty of America, we can all disagree. I fully admit that I am against gay marriage. But do I think it will somehow invalidate other marriages? Or society as a whole? Of course not, that's silly. But that also doesn't mean I think they are positive for marriage as a whole or society.

As for the gents in the article. Who gives a shit? Other than their respective families maybe. It's getting tiresome hearing about every other gay marriage. It feels like the non-stop stories are being shoved in faces over and over.
    Seems to me that divorce, especially when children are involved, would be less positive for marriage and society than gays getting married.

18. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

The Dude (01-13-2014)

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-13-2014), Liberty (01-14-2014), ZappasGuitar (01-13-2014)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why not?

Alrightie...here ya go!

Charisma: Gays Will Destroy America Like Nazis in Germany

Responding to the White House’s LGBT Pride celebration, Pastor Larry Tomczak in Charisma magazine maintained that gays and their allies are putting America “on the path to destruction.” Tomczak writes that events which “brazenly celebrate, legitimize and promote the gay lifestyle in America” are part of the country’s “downward spiral” and gay “tsunami.”

After the pastor shared a story about how his father-in-law, a veteran of World War II, confronted his church for not speaking out more aggressively against homosexuality, Tomczak drew parallels between gays in America and Nazis in 1930s Germany: “It would do us well to recall that in Nazi Germany, only a small percentage of the people were part of the Nazi party. Amid the atrocities, the overwhelming majority were apathetic and afraid to speak up…. Is history repeating itself?”

Observing the president of our United States on Thursday in the White House, kicking off the official celebration of "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Month," he was introduced by two 9-year-old girls celebrating their lesbian mothers.

Flanked by a smiling Vice President Biden, President Obama then called out individuals with gay backgrounds amid applause. Finally, he reaffirmed his commitment to same-sex marriage and gay initiatives in America. This coincides with his administration releasing directives so that individuals will be forced to affirm homosexuality in the federal government. Remaining silent will be seen as discrimination and put their jobs in jeopardy.

Last week in Washington, D.C., was the giant gay pride event. This week it comes to Nashville, Tenn. These events are taking place all over America to brazenly celebrate, legitimize and promote the gay lifestyle in America. Having attended multiple events like this to share the gospel over the past decade, I can assure you there are parades, but they're not G-rated. Although children are everywhere, nudity, profanity, debauchery, drunkenness and drug abuse abound.

What is happening to our United States of America?

- See the whole article at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten....ZcATz8Jc.dpuf

Here's another:

In a column for the Christian Post today, Bishop Harry Jackson claims that children raised by single moms often “turn to lives of crime and violence” in order gain attention from father figures.

Naturally, Jackson connects this assertion to the debate over marriage equality, warning that legalizing same-sex marriage will create “broken relationships” within families that will “destroy children.” He even pushes the consistently debunked claim that marriage rates fall in countries that pass gay marriage laws because people “simply stopped bothering to get married in the first place”:

Is it any wonder that young boys turn to lives of crime and violence, when the purveyors of such lifestyles are the only men to show them any real attention? It is about as surprising as a starving child attempting to steal bread. And no social policy that fails to take into account the deep and legitimate need that every child has for both a mother and a father can ever be considered fair or just.

What does the internal aching so many children have for their missing fathers have to do with how marriage is legally defined? Advocates of redefining marriage constantly scoff at the notion that their policy goals could have a negative effect on anyone. "How does the legal union of two homosexual men affect your marriage?" they ask mockingly.

And of course the debate has nothing to do with my marriage or yours. It has to do with how future generations of adults will approach the very idea of marriage and parenthood. We already have nearly two decades of social experimentation in Scandinavia to draw upon. And it tells us that the broader the definition of marriage is the fewer adults bother with it in the first place. Since legalizing registered partnerships and gay marriage in Scandinavia, an overwhelming number of adults have simply stopped bothering to get married in the first place.

As I have pointed out many times before, words that mean everything, mean nothing. The looser we make the definition of marriage, the fewer people will feel bound to its obligations and constraints. And while broken relationships can hurt adults, they can destroy children.

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten....FkRnYo9A.dpuf
    What is the problem?

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nope. That's not the issue. Why am I not surprised. It changes the definition of marriage. That's the objection.
    Still can't answer the very simple question, eh?

22. The Following User Groans At ZappasGuitar For This Awful Post:

The Dude (01-13-2014)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Seems to me that divorce, especially when children are involved, would be less positive for marriage and society than gays getting married.
    Im sure it does. Live and let live.

Still can't answer the very simple question, eh?
    It's a false premise. Definition, that's the issue.