Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Modification...

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Default New Modification...

Could someone start a poll about the double posting functionality?

Since Desh is the prime offender and claims to love democracy we should make it a democratic process.

I would but I am on Tapatalk and can't start a poll.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Actually there is a delay of 20 seconds
    I know, that's not long enough. Two minutes would be better.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 01-13-2014 at 12:30 PM.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Damo, I know you recently upgraded, so in case you haven't seen it yet:

Settings > Options > Message Posting Doublepost Options
    Let's see how that works. I like that they take some of the best mods and make them part of the software... I like to be able to add and remove tabs without having to code, etc. It's getting better, but I get sick of each time I upgrade it breaks like 5 mods...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aoxomoxoa View Post
    I know, that;s not long enough. Two minutes would be better.

I bet that's not the first time you've heard that!
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

evince (01-13-2014)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 100 Times in 95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Let's see how that works. I like that they take some of the best mods and make them part of the software... I like to be able to add and remove tabs without having to code, etc. It's getting better, but I get sick of each time I upgrade it breaks like 5 mods...
    I'll give them that much, they are cool about feedback. If enough clients ask for an add-on to become part of a future release, often they do just that. The tabs are a pain in the ass and I just gave up. The worst mistake they made is the activity stream being the default page after installation. You would think someone would have corrected that by now. The doublepost option is one of those that members asked for. It used to only be available via an add-on.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'll give them that much, they are cool about feedback. If enough clients ask for an add-on to become part of a future release, often they do just that. The tabs are a pain in the ass and I just gave up. The worst mistake they made is the activity stream being the default page after installation. You would think someone would have corrected that by now. The doublepost option is one of those that members asked for. It used to only be available via an add-on.
    I fixed that by making the inactive CMS the default screen, it auto defaults to the forum.php page if that is the setting. I changed my tabs above quite easily. The Navigation Manager was easy to use...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I fixed that by making the inactive CMS the default screen, it auto defaults to the forum.php page if that is the setting. I changed my tabs above quite easily. The Navigation Manager was easy to use...
    Yeah, I saw it had you for a bit too. Took me about an hour to get the index page to load after my upgrade. I personally don't like the new navigation manager. I'm one of those that expects new upgrades and features, but don't break what I like!

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I saw it had you for a bit too. Took me about an hour to get the index page to load after my upgrade. I personally don't like the new navigation manager. I'm one of those that expects new upgrades and features, but don't break what I like!
    I had no idea that it was even doing it until I went to ask some question about some other setting on vbulletin.com...
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I had no idea that it was even doing it until I went to ask some question about some other setting on vbulletin.com...
    That's what I did, I couldn't figure it out and went there for help. Actually, I ended up going there like 9 times after the upgrade!

But whatever you do, don't pony up for 5.x!! What do you think of the latest on their site? I think it's horrible, and now I know 4.x is as far as I go with them.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's what I did, I couldn't figure it out and went there for help. Actually, I ended up going there like 9 times after the upgrade!

But whatever you do, don't pony up for 5.x!! What do you think of the latest on their site? I think it's horrible, and now I know 4.x is as far as I go with them.
    Yeah, I should have stuck with 3.x... I had a good set of mods and could write my own easily. The "upgraded" variables just made modifications suck so hard... It took me forever to figure out how to write the Thanks/Groans... Then vbulletin.org wouldn't let me publish them.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, I should have stuck with 3.x... I had a good set of mods and could write my own easily. The "upgraded" variables just made modifications suck so hard... It took me forever to figure out how to write the Thanks/Groans... Then vbulletin.org wouldn't let me publish them.
    I was warned by someone (might be member here too), that I shouldn't do it as it was too "bloated" and slowed down the software. He was right. I used to have TONS of text files with code in them, to easily change templates around. Then came the variables, and now most of what I saved over the years became useless.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I was warned by someone (might be member here too), that I shouldn't do it as it was too "bloated" and slowed down the software. He was right. I used to have TONS of text files with code in them, to easily change templates around. Then came the variables, and now most of what I saved over the years became useless.
    The best mod ever doesn't work with 4.2.2, the TMS (Template Modification System)...

You made changes using a template changer and it updated all of your templates at once. It was awesome, but now it throws database errors and they changed some of the templates so not all of the changes work.

They broke one of the best modifications ever.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The best mod ever doesn't work with 4.2.2, the TMS (Template Modification System)...

You made changes using a template changer and it updated all of your templates at once. It was awesome, but now it throws database errors and they changed some of the templates so not all of the changes work.

They broke one of the best modifications ever.
    Hmmmm..... Never used that one, and I guess it doesn't matter now since it's history. I think the best mod ever is the stats I use, the one that shows like the last 10 posts/threads at the top, and all kinds of other stats if you dig into it.

Another failed one though, that I still use, is the reputation system. Nothing more than a pat your friend on the back tool which really has no basis in reality about who 'really' has the better reputations on the board.