Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: china, japan and other nations in the area, are you ready for war with china?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    China's not bothering with anyone but kicking Japan's ass right now!
    Obama is trying to cover Japan's flank
    I guess you obviously missed all of the recent Chinese saber-rattling with the Philippines?

Unmentioned in this conversation is the Republic of China (Taiwan), which I have (and had since Obama's election) the gravest doubts will survive and Obama presidency.

I've toured Okinawa and Taiwan extensively. They're both heavily fortified, but in a compact manner. Like Pearl Harbor, an enormous first strike could knock them out in a dramatic fashion. The same would apply to the DMZ defenses in Korea.

After which the PLA's huge superiority in manpower could easily occupy Taiwan and the Japanese and Philippine archipelagos.
    RaiderNation <==== Likes getting mounted by randy mules lubed up by Voted4Reagan

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,049 Times in 1,996 Posts

Relax. Admiral Mexicanman says the Chinese are paper tigers.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taft2016 View Post
    I guess you obviously missed all of the recent Chinese saber-rattling with the Philippines?

Unmentioned in this conversation is the Republic of China (Taiwan), which I have (and had since Obama's election) the gravest doubts will survive and Obama presidency.

I've toured Okinawa and Taiwan extensively. They're both heavily fortified, but in a compact manner. Like Pearl Harbor, an enormous first strike could knock them out in a dramatic fashion. The same would apply to the DMZ defenses in Korea.

After which the PLA's huge superiority in manpower could easily occupy Taiwan and the Japanese and Philippine archipelagos.
    while the pla is huge, their transportation and logistics are not very good over water and with today's air/sea/land/subsurface missiles they would be sitting ducks.

also, cluster/anti-personnel bombs and dare i say it, tactical nukes would offset any large army.

i think that what we have here is a lot of saber rattling...except that china needs the resources, but would a conventional war be worth the cost?...or fulfill the need for young male population reduction

wars are getting more and more expensive, oth we have provided china with about one trillion in us currency

oh well
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I agree Don, that there is a fair amount of political/military posturing going on. Where it will lead or if war is on the horizon I'm not knowing. I know the direction of my prayers though.
    i am with you on this one
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money View Post
    Then why did Obama send them?
    saber rattling...

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    saber rattling...
    And you support saber-rattling?

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taft2016 View Post

You have mistaken me for someone who thinks your not a moron

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And you support saber-rattling?
    only when one opposing side is big enough to think twice about the cost of a war vs what would be gained. china needs more resources to support its growing economy and population and the other nations being threatened cannot defend themselves severally or collectively. it is not large populations that are being threatened, just their resources.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

only when one opposing side is big enough to think twice about the cost of a war vs what would be gained. china needs more resources to support its growing economy and population and the other nations being threatened cannot defend themselves severally or collectively. it is not large populations that are being threatened, just their resources.
    So your answer is "yes, as long as a Democrat is rattling the saber"?

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So the Dear Leader you voted for might provoke war with China? I didn't know Obama was a war monger.
    just who is provoking whom?

it appears to me that china is making a grab for resources that belong to other nations and obama is saying that we will not sit on the sidelines

since a war with the us would be more expensive than cheaply grabbing up some other small nations resources, obama is saying think twice...

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

it depends on whether things proceed past saber rattling and i do not care which 'party' does it as long as we do not get into a shooting war, especially a nuclear war

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

just who is provoking whom? it appears to me that china is making a grab for resources that belong to other nations and obama is saying that we will not sit on the sidelines since a war with the us would be more expensive than cheaply grabbing up some other small nations resources, obama is saying think twice...
    Obama is such a tough guy...

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

when you guys do it its about something like OIL and lies so yeah your kinda correct

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obama is such a tough guy...

who got OBL and what asshole couldn't after nearly a decade of chasing him?

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who kills women and children with drones on our allies' soil without their permission?