Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems Turning Against Obama in Droves, Who's Next From this Forum

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 401 Times in 350 Posts

Default Dems Turning Against Obama in Droves, Who's Next From this Forum

Nearly 40 House Democrats defied President Obama and helped the Republican majority pass a bill Friday that lets Americans keep, for one year, health plans that do not comply with Obamacare.

The defections from 39 members of Mr. Obama’s party highlighted the pressure on Congress to help people who lost coverage because of the president’s signature law, as balky websites keep a veil over alternative plans and pressure mounts on the Democrat-led Senate to forge a remedy.

“Let’s face it, millions of people right now have a cancelled policy,” Rep. Ron Barber, Arizona Democrat, said before voting for the Keep Your Health Plan Act.

The House passed the bill, 261 to 157, despite a veto threat from Mr. Obama and objections from Democrats who said the legislation was an insidious attempt to rot the Affordable Care Act from the inside out.

Four Republicans voted against the bill, perhaps because it could be viewed as an attempt to smooth over Mr. Obama’s controversial reforms.

Rep. Fred Upton, Michigan Republican, offered the bill at the height of furor over Mr. Obama’s oft-repeated promise that people who liked their health plans could keep them. Millions of Americans received cancellation notices because their plans did not meet the health care law’s coverage requirements, forcing the president to apologize as vulnerable Democrats scrambled to find a legislative solution.

Rampant glitches on the HealthCare.gov website — a federal portal that connects 36 states with plans under Obamcare — have intensified the problem, because people losing their policies cannot explore their options.

Mr. Barber said some Arizonans are “beside themselves.”

“Because by December 31 they don’t have health coverage, and they can’t get on the exchange to find out what’s available,” he told reporters.

Mr. Obama announced an administrative remedy on Thursday that permits insurers to offer a one-year renewal to people who hold noncompliant plans, and Senate Democrats are pushing legislation that would let existing enrollees hold onto their plans indefinitely.

The Republican-led bill goes further, allowing new enrollees to gain current health plans that do not comply with Obamacare.

Democratic opponents of the bill said the GOP offered a hocus-pocus fix that amounts to yet another attempt to repeal Mr. Obama’s signature law.

“It basically allows them to sell low-quality 2013 plans all through 2014, nothing else,” Rep. Frank Pallone, New Jersey Democrat, said.

Rep. Jim McGovern, Massachusetts Democrat, deemed it a “colossal waste of time.”

The White House said Mr. Obama would veto the House bill because it would likely increase the number of people with barebones plans, undermining Obamacare’s attempts to offer better protections through state-based insurance markets.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-plans-39-dem/

2. The Following User Groans At SJJRSJJS For This Awful Post:

The Dude (11-15-2013)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have made up my mind that I am not going to vote for him ever again!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 401 Times in 350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    I have made up my mind that I am not going to vote for him ever again!
    Naturally, but it is The Hillary who will have to pay the piper in 2016. She backed ObamaDon'tCare all the way, and if we combine that with BenghaziGate, The Hillary cannot win the Presidency...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

There is no doubt she will get Maineman's vote......
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

poet (11-17-2013)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    There is no doubt she will get Maineman's vote......
    if she is my party's nominee, I guarantee it. My vote and my maximum allowable contribution to her campaign.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,049 Times in 1,996 Posts

if she is my party's nominee, I guarantee it. My vote and my maximum allowable contribution to her campaign.
    Only one vote, Admiral? Why so stingy? Is it because she's a woman?

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

because party is more important than integrity.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SJJRSJJS View Post
    Nearly 40 House Democrats defied President Obama and helped the Republican majority pass a bill Friday that lets Americans keep, for one year, health plans that do not comply with Obamacare.

The defections from 39 members of Mr. Obama’s party highlighted the pressure on Congress to help people who lost coverage because of the president’s signature law, as balky websites keep a veil over alternative plans and pressure mounts on the Democrat-led Senate to forge a remedy.

“Let’s face it, millions of people right now have a cancelled policy,” Rep. Ron Barber, Arizona Democrat, said before voting for the Keep Your Health Plan Act.

The House passed the bill, 261 to 157, despite a veto threat from Mr. Obama and objections from Democrats who said the legislation was an insidious attempt to rot the Affordable Care Act from the inside out.

Four Republicans voted against the bill, perhaps because it could be viewed as an attempt to smooth over Mr. Obama’s controversial reforms.

Rep. Fred Upton, Michigan Republican, offered the bill at the height of furor over Mr. Obama’s oft-repeated promise that people who liked their health plans could keep them. Millions of Americans received cancellation notices because their plans did not meet the health care law’s coverage requirements, forcing the president to apologize as vulnerable Democrats scrambled to find a legislative solution.

Rampant glitches on the HealthCare.gov website — a federal portal that connects 36 states with plans under Obamcare — have intensified the problem, because people losing their policies cannot explore their options.

Mr. Barber said some Arizonans are “beside themselves.”

“Because by December 31 they don’t have health coverage, and they can’t get on the exchange to find out what’s available,” he told reporters.

Mr. Obama announced an administrative remedy on Thursday that permits insurers to offer a one-year renewal to people who hold noncompliant plans, and Senate Democrats are pushing legislation that would let existing enrollees hold onto their plans indefinitely.

The Republican-led bill goes further, allowing new enrollees to gain current health plans that do not comply with Obamacare.

Democratic opponents of the bill said the GOP offered a hocus-pocus fix that amounts to yet another attempt to repeal Mr. Obama’s signature law.

“It basically allows them to sell low-quality 2013 plans all through 2014, nothing else,” Rep. Frank Pallone, New Jersey Democrat, said.

Rep. Jim McGovern, Massachusetts Democrat, deemed it a “colossal waste of time.”

The White House said Mr. Obama would veto the House bill because it would likely increase the number of people with barebones plans, undermining Obamacare’s attempts to offer better protections through state-based insurance markets.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-plans-39-dem/
    Dick head Democrats, like Dude, love to see millions of Americans without healthcare.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,727 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by You want me View Post
    Only one vote, Admiral? Why so stingy? Is it because she's a woman?

dude when will you learn not to mention these right wing lies when your fucking party has decades of court cases in which they were CAUGHT cheating people out of their votes and were punished by the courts for it?

there is NO FUCKING proof people vote more than once in this country in any way big enough to effect fucking local elections.

Lies in the face of court documents that reach back DECADES.

The republican party cheats in elections right from the fucking top of the party.

ITS PROVABLE

12. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

poet (11-17-2013)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-10-...onal-committee

In an Aug. 13 memo the court made public Friday, Kris Wolfe, the Republican National Committee Midwest political director, wrote Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director, and said of the Louisiana campaigning:

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls. . . . If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably."
    Unseals Document

She said in the memorandum that the program had been approved by Gregory Graves, deputy political director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.The document, called Exhibit 13, was unsealed by U.S. District Judge Dickinson R. Debevoise when lawyers for the Democratic National Committee said it was needed to question Wolfe.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

poet (11-17-2013)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    dude when will you learn not to mention these right wing lies when your fucking party has decades of court cases in which they were CAUGHT cheating people out of their votes and were punished by the courts for it?

there is NO FUCKING proof people vote more than once in this country in any way big enough to effect fucking local elections.

Lies in the face of court documents that reach back DECADES.

The republican party cheats in elections right from the fucking top of the party.

ITS PROVABLE
    Then PROVE it, bucket mouth.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan...fraud-20130114

Supreme Court denies RNC bid to end voter fraud consent decree

January 14, 2013|By David G. Savage

The Supreme Court refused to lift a consent decree that bars the Republican National Committee from targeting racial and ethnic minorities in its fight against voter fraud.

The Supreme Court refused to lift a consent decree that bars the Republican… (Caroyln Kaster / Associated…)

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court has refused to lift a 30-year consent decree that bars the Republican National Committee from targeting racial and ethnic minorities in its efforts to end fraudulent voting.
    The justices without comment turned down an appeal from RNC lawyers who said the decree has become “antiquated” and is “increasingly used as political weapon” by Democrats during national campaigns.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I bring granule what he asks for and he disapears from the thread.

Thisa is how the right in this country sees facts.

they run away when facts PROVE what they don't want to face is real.

Bad info in means bad decisions out.

This is why the right in this country ends up on the WRONG side of every issue.

You cant refuse what the FACTS say and get anything correct