Members banned from this thread: NOVA, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, canceled.2021.1 and Big Money

Thread: News Flash: Murdoch is paying Sock Puppets in the Foxhole

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 306 Times in 291 Posts

Default News Flash: Murdoch is paying Sock Puppets in the Foxhole

For those of us who have been around it is we have seen how vociferous these Murdoch puppets can be. The are constantly posting stories from the Foxhole and the come back repeatedly to defend them and the Foxhole from those who call bullshit on the whole damn enterprise. It is no coincidence the Foxholers are being paid to careen around the internet and to do whatever it is they can find to do and to see what the can do to advertise their shit to their right wing cronies wherever they can find them. Since this little slice of Internet heaven is totally beholden to the right wing of the Republican Teabagger Party I would have to believe that at least some people have stories similar to those in this story. In fact I have seen some of this type of behavior concerning some stories from the Foxhole just recently, in fact I think an incident similar to this just occurred this weekend.

Dedicated to Darla for the Sunshine!

SUN OCT 20, 2013 AT 08:45 AM PDT
    Murdoch & Fox News Engaged In Sockpuppet PR Campaign To Counter Bloggers
    by LieparDestin

While this should come as no surprise it is good that this story is getting some media attention and helping focus more attention on the corporate PR/Sockpuppet campaign to discredit liberals or to spread a false reality in the blogosphere as history has shown by groups such as the Chamber of Commerce and Bank of America;"

“I think we need to highlight people like Glenn Greenwald. Glenn was critical in the Amazon to OVH [data center] transition and helped WikiLeaks provide access to information during the transition. It is this level of support we need to attack. These are established professionals that have a liberal bent, but ultimately most of them if pushed will choose professional preservation over cause, such is the mentality of most business professionals. Without the support of people like Glenn WikiLeaks would fold.”

In the newest instance by Rupert Murdoch and Fox New's PR campaign, they employed sockpuppet accounts and internet anonymity tools to spread their propaganda on blogs and comment sections, even those with little traffic.

NPR media reporter David Folkenflik writes in his forthcoming book Murdoch's World that Fox News' public relations staffers used an elaborate series of dummy accounts to fill the comments sections of critical blog posts with pro-Fox arguments.

In a chapter focusing on how Fox utilized its notoriously ruthless public relations department in the mid-to-late 00's, Folkenflik reports that Fox's PR staffers would "post pro-Fox rants" in the comments sections of "negative and even neutral" blog posts written about the network. According to Folkenflik, the staffers used various tactics to cover their tracks, including setting up wireless broadband connections that "could not be traced back" to the network.

A former staffer told Folkenflik that they had personally used "one hundred" fake accounts to plant Fox-friendly commentary:

Just one more bit of information and I encourage you to read up further on the revelations:

On the blogs, the fight was particularly fierce. Fox PR staffers were expected to counter not just negative and even neutral blog postings but the anti-Fox comments beneath them. One former staffer recalled using twenty different aliases to post pro-Fox rants. Another had one hundred. Several employees had to acquire a cell phone thumb drive to provide a wireless broadband connection that could not be traced back to a Fox News or News Corp account. Another used an AOL dial-up connection, even in the age of widespread broadband access, on the rationale it would be harder to pinpoint its origins. Old laptops were distributed for these cyber operations. Even blogs with minor followings were reviewed to ensure no claim went unchecked.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/1...nter-Bloggers#
    In Solidarity with Darla, women and rape victims all over the world I too am changing my signature!

" 'I wonder if you were aware that she was not a virgin? There was this narrative that she was an innocent 13 yo when in actual fact she was anything but...this puts a fresh perspective on events[,]' TOM PRENDERGAST about a 13 yo rape victim. The 'events' being, she was drugged, then raped vaginally, orally and anally by a 43 yo man."

How do you like them apples, tommy?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dantès For This Post:

Anti-Party (11-08-2013)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Seems like a good way for Rupert to spend his money, Fox is kicking everybody else's ass in the ratings.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Big Money (10-21-2013)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 306 Times in 291 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by callinectes View Post
    Seems like a good way for Rupert to spend his money, Fox is kicking everybody else's ass in the ratings.
    Estsablishing once again the veracity of H.L. Mencken when he opined, “No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”
    In Solidarity with Darla, women and rape victims all over the world I too am changing my signature!

" 'I wonder if you were aware that she was not a virgin? There was this narrative that she was an innocent 13 yo when in actual fact she was anything but...this puts a fresh perspective on events[,]' TOM PRENDERGAST about a 13 yo rape victim. The 'events' being, she was drugged, then raped vaginally, orally and anally by a 43 yo man."

How do you like them apples, tommy?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dantès For This Post:

Anti-Party (11-08-2013)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dantès View Post
    Estsablishing once again the veracity of H.L. Mencken when he opined, “No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”
    Look who's being patronizing now. But okay, I'll play. So tell me the problem you have with RM spending money on some Rube Goldberg scheme shot through with opportunities for security breaches(witness the fox staffers talking to Folkenflik)for what seems like very little return. I've never heard of this stuff. I watch fox because I like my commentary conservative. The actual news itself is interchangeable. Sounds like, holy crap!...I can't believe I'm saying this!...Rupert Murdoch was using a PR STAFF!!!
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

― mao tse-tung

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 550 Posts

P.S. MSNBC never claimed to be a "news" channel.
    "Democrats will make you go broke on welfare but Republicans will make you go broke on warfare"~Papa

"Once you submit to a political party you start justifying the terrible parts of that party to win"~Me

"Anyone certain, is mistaken."~Best Political Quote Ever

"People who don't understand the necessity for guns, don't follow the Constitution. People who don't understand the necessity to regulate gun ownership, do not follow the Constitution."~Me

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Of a dying and shrinking demographic.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...vid-folkenflik

I have NO DOUBT that I've talked directly to several of these Fox News puppets. There have been arguments where they show up to defend the most ignorant arguments EVER. I don't think there is any possibility there are Americans out there that are stupid enough to repeat some of this stuff unless they are paid. It really explains a lot.

I love that Colbert answered Fox News with a spam bot.

If your "NEWS" is so terrible, so inaccurate, so stupid that you have to pay hundreds of bloggers to go around the internet arguing with people....................you lose....The only people that believe the majority of Fox News without questioning it or researching the topic are the most uneducated political minds in America. Or, they are just paid..
    "Democrats will make you go broke on welfare but Republicans will make you go broke on warfare"~Papa

"Once you submit to a political party you start justifying the terrible parts of that party to win"~Me

"People who don't understand the necessity for guns, don't follow the Constitution. People who don't understand the necessity to regulate gun ownership, do not follow the Constitution."~Me

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Baxter View Post
    Of a dying and shrinking demographic.
    Right. The only reason that Fox News, Libertarians and the Tea Party got so popular was because the majority of busy body hard working Americans don't care about politics and don't want to hear about them. But when the Government shut down, a "tea party success", these busy body Americans woke up just a little to share their perspective. And they crashed this growing movement to trash America via anarchy.

Since the shutdown the Right is scrambling to figure out what its platform actually is. It seems to be trashing this anarchist Fox News style perspective and is starting to realize that gradual smart change is better than sudden ignorant change.

Hopefully they will come out a smarter party.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Party View Post

P.S. MSNBC never claimed to be a "news" channel.
    Hmmm, this actually explains a lot. If O'reilly is correct, and Fox does 8 hrs of hard news a day and MSNBC only does 1 hr, it explains why I always get some lefty talking head yammering away about the evil right wingers more often than I get news from MSNBC. It also explains why I, and many others, turn it off. It also explains why you could safely argue Fox makes 8 times as many mistakes that MSNBC does. Hell, I LIKE Fox and I've caught them in mistakes. They report what's on the teleprompter(that part reminds me of Ron Burgundy). Usually it's not a big thing, if it is I'm always pretty sure that a correction will be forthcoming. At least they're putting their asses on the line unlike those sycophants on the other networks. What is it with Fox and you "progressives" anyway? I think the stink of fear is upon you.
    P.S. A health tip for you: TURN FOX NEWS OFF!! THAT'S WHAT I DID WITH MSNBC AND CNN!! I FEEL GREAT!!
    ― Mao Tse-tung

― mao tse-tung

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hmmm, this actually explains a lot. If O'reilly is correct, and Fox does 8 hrs of hard news a day and MSNBC only does 1 hr, it explains why I always get some lefty talking head yammering away about the evil right wingers more often than I get news from MSNBC. It also explains why I, and many others, turn it off. It also explains why you could safely argue Fox makes 8 times as many mistakes that MSNBC does. Hell, I LIKE Fox and I've caught them in mistakes. They report what's on the teleprompter(that part reminds me of Ron Burgundy). Usually it's not a big thing, if it is I'm always pretty sure that a correction will be forthcoming. At least they're putting their asses on the line unlike those sycophants on the other networks. What is it with Fox and you "progressives" anyway? I think the stink of fear is upon you.
    P.S. A health tip for you: TURN FOX NEWS OFF!! THAT'S WHAT I DID WITH MSNBC AND CNN!! I FEEL GREAT!!
    I wanted to say Im not progressive but progressive in what way? I don't believe in your party systems where everyone has to hold the same idea's and can't think for themselves on single topics.

I'll repeat, MSNBC never claimed to be "news" at all. They are open that they are Left wing bias political media. Not "news".

You, nor anyone in politics understands my perspective because I'm unbias. I simply want what is best for America. And the reason I'm so motivated to expose Fox News is because brainy Conservatives are losing when this crap is out there. Fox News will eventually wise up when the people do. The people will demand more shows like the Huckabee show and demand Fox to end shows like Glen Beck who use cult and brainwashing tactics along with fear and anger mongering tactics to get their crowd involved in politics. And like most cults, they are out of control now that they have power over so many people.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ironically the OP banned some people that would have something to say about this if they were paid.