Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy shit

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Default Holy shit

Didn't see this coming. Why in the world would Cleveland trade him away for a first rounder after only two games?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ent-richardson

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

17 games

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Default Holy shit

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Completely fucking retarded. The Browns were just starting to make ground, and then there's a change in management, and they fire the coach and trade the star player. Que Mott for a proper rant.

Q: Will Trent be able to lead the Colts to victory in Candlestick this weekend?
    Brian Billick made an interesting point that this has as much to do with Weeden because they know he can't cut it. So they are getting what they can get now

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,049 Times in 1,996 Posts

Isn't Cleveland in Ohio? Mystery explained.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 86 Times in 85 Posts

Trent has had some issues with injuries, but he is a beast. When he hits the field healthy, he can tear a defense for big yards.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Canceled.2014.1 For This Post:

The Dude (09-19-2013)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Completely fucking retarded. The Browns were just starting to make ground, and then there's a change in management, and they fire the coach and trade the star player. Que Mott for a proper rant.

Q: Will Trent be able to lead the Colts to victory in Candlestick this weekend?
    You're not going to get a rant from me. Fuck the Clowns. I'm a Bengals fan.

Actually I think it's a good trade by the Clowns. I know and understand their frustration but this is a even better deal than what the Bengals got for Carson Palmer and we've seen who came out on top of that deal. Definitely the Bengals. Carson Palmer is a legitimate big time NFL star. Richards is a much hyped over rated (at the NFL level) running back. Oh Richardson's certainly not a flop but after last season and the first two games this season, it's pretty obvious that Richardson, a great college back, is pretty much a journeyman starter at the NFL level. He's not the explosive type of player that's going to carry an NFL team. So in that respect I can't blame the Browns front office for taking the Colts offer. In fact it should probably be Colt fans that should be alarmed. They gave up a hell of a lot to get an injury prone journeyman running back.

For a over rated journeyman running back, they will get a 1st rd, 3rd rd and 4th rd pick for a guy who touches the ball about 15 times a game. I think it was a great move by the Clowns.

And if it wasn't and it backfires....that's even better! LOL
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Minister of Truth (09-19-2013)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Brian Billick made an interesting point that this has as much to do with Weeden because they know he can't cut it. So they are getting what they can get now
    Probably true but as I said.....the Dolts offered the Clowns a hell of a lot for a guy who's going to only touch the ball 15 to 20 times a game. They would have been idiots not to take the deal. I think the Clowns will get the last laugh here.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Trent has had some issues with injuries, but he is a beast. When he hits the field healthy, he can tear a defense for big yards.
    You're confusing the boys game with the mens game again. By NFL standards Richardson is undersized and lacks top tier speed and explosiveness. He was injury prone most of his Rookie year (which tends to happen to undersized RB's in the NFL). He's simply not an RB that can carry an NFL team. That's not to say he's a flop....but rather a quality NFL journeyman who has a long, long way to go to prove he a star at the NFL level. This was a sweet deal that the Dolts offered the Clowns and as a Bengals fan I'm deeply disturbed that they took it. LOL a 1st rd, 3rd and 4th rd pick for a journeyman type who's only going to touch the ball 15 to 20 times a game? The Clowns front office would have had to have been staggering idiots to turn that offer down.
    Last edited by Mott the Hoople; 09-19-2013 at 03:13 PM.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, the NFL 2014 Draft is starting to take shape:

1) JAX - Johnny T. Manziel (QB - ATM)
    2) CLE - Teddy Bridgewater (QB - LOU)

Braxton Miller and Marcus Mariota will likely go in the 1st Round as well. It will be interesting to see how well the UWa does, because that could make QB Keith Price sought after.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    You're confusing the boys game with the mens game again. By NFL standards Richardson is undersized and lacks top tier speed and explosiveness. He was injury prone most of his Rookie year (which tends to happen to undersized RB's in the NFL). He's simply not an RB that can carry an NFL team. That's not to say he's a flop....but rather a quality NFL journeyman who has a long, long way to go to prove he has star potential. This was a sweet deal that the Dolts offered the Clowns and as a Bengals fan I'm deeply disturbed that they took it. LOL a 1st rd, 3rd and 4th rd pick for a journeyman type who's only going to touch the ball 15 to 20 times a game? The Clowns front office would have had to have been staggering idiots to turn that offer down.
    5'9 225 is hardly undersized in the NFL for a RB... that is actually about what you want. While he is not blazing fast like a CJ or Jamaal Charles, he still ran a 4.45, which is still pretty quick, especially for his size.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

It's diff when your ol is not on a whole nother level than dline like the tides is year in year out.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, the NFL 2014 Draft is starting to take shape:

1) JAX - Johnny T. Manziel (QB - ATM)
    2) CLE - Teddy Bridgewater (QB - LOU)

Braxton Miller and Marcus Mariota will likely go in the 1st Round as well. It will be interesting to see how well the UWa does, because that could make QB Keith Price sought after.
    Manziel won't be a #1. pick. Hell Tyrell Pryor was only a third round pick and Manziel is not in Pryors league. Manziel hasn't shown that he has an NFL caliber arm or accruacy in the pocket. At least not yet. Manziel should not consider comming out unless he's a first round pick... right now that's not the case. He's also pretty small by NFL standards at 6' and 200 lbs.

The only QB I've seen so far this year that looks like a first round NFL pick is Bridgewater with Louisville. I mean this is the guy that lead Louisville to a Sugar bowl win over Florida. He's also got the size and pocket passing skills and accuracy they covet in the NFL.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    5'9 225 is hardly undersized in the NFL for a RB... that is actually about what you want. While he is not blazing fast like a CJ or Jamaal Charles, he still ran a 4.45, which is still pretty quick, especially for his size.
    He's not in the same league as a Chris Johnson though. At least he has a long ways to go to prove he is. I just don't see him carrying a team and I think what the Dolts offerred the Clowns for him was excessive.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Don't be fooled by all of the "hurting his draft stock" tripe you're hearing. Manziel will be #1 and Bridgewater will be #2. Now, I suppose other teams aren't looking for a new QB, so Miller and Mariota should go later on. Had they been available this year, they would be a Bill and Jet today.