Thread: De Blasio wins primary and WILL be the next Mayor of New York

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default De Blasio wins primary and WILL be the next Mayor of New York

Democrat Bill de Blasio and Republican Joe Lhota were primed for an Election Day clash in November after both breezed to easy victories Tuesday night in the mayoral primaries.

De Blasio crushed second-place finisher Bill Thompson as unofficial results showed he also squeaked past the magic 40 percent mark needed to avoid an Oct. 1 runoff.

De Blasio’s victory was so sweeping that he even beat Thompson among black voters, 44 to 41 percent, according to exit polls.

more
    http://nypost.com/2013/09/10/bill-de...off-not-clear/

Down goes stop and frisk .. down goes Bloomberg on the national political stage
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-11-2013)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

OMG wasn't this amazing! I was so excited. What a clear and loud repudiation of Bloomberg and his frigging fascism. They really sent his girl, Quinn, packing too!

I am hoping he stays at 40% once all the paper ballots are counted so there is no run-off, but either way, I agree, he's the next Mayor. God it's been a long time coming, I am sooo sick and tired of Bloomberg. Guess he wasn't as popular as the media was always assuring us!
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-11-2013)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    OMG wasn't this amazing! I was so excited. What a clear and loud repudiation of Bloomberg and his frigging fascism. They really sent his girl, Quinn, packing too!

I am hoping he stays at 40% once all the paper ballots are counted so there is no run-off, but either way, I agree, he's the next Mayor. God it's been a long time coming, I am sooo sick and tired of Bloomberg. Guess he wasn't as popular as the media was always assuring us!
    :0) Abso-fucking-lutely.

Not only was Bloomberg not as popular as the media tried to assert .. nobody wanted his endorsement .. even Quinn tried to run away from him.

It's a very good day in the neighborhood.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Cancel 2016.11 (09-11-2013), Phantasmal (09-11-2013)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,739 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

good for him

I could not believe what bloomberg said about his family

8. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

blackascoal (09-11-2013)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    good for him

I could not believe what bloomberg said about his family
    I think everybody was stunned by it.

His campaign was 'racist' because he showed his family.

Incredible

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

evince (09-11-2013), Phantasmal (09-11-2013)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    I think everybody was stunned by it.

His campaign was 'racist' because he showed his family.

Incredible
    He must be fuming this morning. He's nothing but an entitled 1 percenter with serious fascist tendencies. And he couldn't buy what he wanted. That's a big surprise for him I've no doubt.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

blackascoal (09-11-2013), Phantasmal (09-11-2013)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Apparently folks forget that Doomberg is a democrat. He only switched to the GOP to run for Mayor.

I also find it funny that the New Yorkers dissed a queer woman for a white guy. Talk about a war on women

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    He must be fuming this morning. He's nothing but an entitled 1 percenter with serious fascist tendencies. And he couldn't buy what he wanted. That's a big surprise for him I've no doubt.
    The very thought of that sociopath fuming sounds tasty.

Yes, tasty. :0)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good Job, de Blasio. Bloomberg lost twice last night then... and that makes me happier.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

blackascoal (09-11-2013)