Thread: How many times do Dems elect crooks?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,049 Times in 1,996 Posts

Question How many times do Dems elect crooks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Jefferson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Daley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

ya see... the issue is that democrats don't elect anyone. The people, from across the entire political spectrum elect folks. Don't like who represents you, vote for the other guy, or run for the seat yourself. Beyond that, just stfu.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    ya see... the issue is that democrats don't elect anyone. The people, from across the entire political spectrum elect folks. Don't like who represents you, vote for the other guy, or run for the seat yourself. Beyond that, just stfu.
    So when a liberal claims that "Republicans" elected Nixon, Bush etc., you'll be right there in their faces telling them to STFU, Meximan?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

The same as Reps... 100% of the time
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.2 For This Post:

cawacko (08-15-2013)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Patrician View Post
    So when a liberal claims that "Republicans" elected Nixon, Bush etc., you'll be right there in their faces telling them to STFU, Meximan?
    If I happen to see such a post, I will certainly comment on it. Republicans NOMINATED Nixon, Bush, et.al., but the electorate in total voted them into office. And these threads about corrupt politicians are nearly always slices of partisan fluff without any real merit. There are crooked politicians on both sides of the spectrum and there always been. TO attempt to claim some moral high ground for one party or the other vis a vis corruption is patently ridiculous.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If I happen to see such a post, I will certainly comment on it. Republicans NOMINATED Nixon, Bush, et.al., but the electorate in total voted them into office. And these threads about corrupt politicians are nearly always slices of partisan fluff without any real merit. There are crooked politicians on both sides of the spectrum and there always been. TO attempt to claim some moral high ground for one party or the other vis a vis corruption is patently ridiculous.
    So we agree. Read any posts by Evince lately?

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 550 Posts

"ya see... the issue is that democrats don't elect anyone. The people, from across the entire political spectrum elect folks." ~ I'm pretty sure you don't know what a Democrat is and you certainly don't know the difference between a Democrat and a Liberal. This talk is basically childs talk.
    "Democrats will make you go broke on welfare but Republicans will make you go broke on warfare"~Papa

"Once you submit to a political party you start justifying the terrible parts of that party to win"~Me

"Anyone certain, is mistaken."~Best Political Quote Ever

"People who don't understand the necessity for guns, don't follow the Constitution. People who don't understand the necessity to regulate gun ownership, do not follow the Constitution."~Me

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Party View Post
    "ya see... the issue is that democrats don't elect anyone. The people, from across the entire political spectrum elect folks." ~ I'm pretty sure you don't know what a Democrat is and you certainly don't know the difference between a Democrat and a Liberal. This talk is basically childs talk.
    I am a lifelong democrat and a lifelong liberal. Do you honestly think that any one party ELECTS anyone in the US? Did you take middle school civics?

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 550 Posts

Obama was fully purchased and we all know it. How dare he submit to his top 10 donors in such a open fashion.

He wanted to make education easier, and we all know his biggest donor was college.
    He wanted to be the front runner for energy, and we all know he was bought by wind energy.
    He wanted to...............lets just ignore there was any drive in the gay rights theory, he was purchased by gays and look what happened.
    He was purchased by military weapons contractors and bombed Libya. If you can prove Gaddafi killed his people then you can troll me but you can't and you won't. Yet you can see many brand new American guns that turned over his government.

etc
    "Democrats will make you go broke on welfare but Republicans will make you go broke on warfare"~Papa

"Once you submit to a political party you start justifying the terrible parts of that party to win"~Me

"Anyone certain, is mistaken."~Best Political Quote Ever

"People who don't understand the necessity for guns, don't follow the Constitution. People who don't understand the necessity to regulate gun ownership, do not follow the Constitution."~Me