Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Clinton's Candidacy Blocking 'Path to 9/11'?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default Is Clinton's Candidacy Blocking 'Path to 9/11'?

From the L.A. Times today. Here's the link so you can read the whole article for youself. I will post some of the highlights...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...dlines-entnews

The basic theme is there are several dozen television DVD's slated for release on September 11th. Path to 9/11 which had high viewership is not one of them.

""With no date for the release, questions are being raised about whether political pressure is behind its current status as a stalled or discarded DVD project. The reasons are murky, but the miniseries' writer, Cyrus Nowrasteh, believes it's crystal clear: Powerful forces are out to protect Bill Clinton's presidential legacy and shield Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) from any potential collateral damage in her bid for the White House.

Nowrasteh, also one of the miniseries' many producers, said he was told by a top executive at ABC Studios that "if Hillary weren't running for president, this wouldn't be a problem."""

"""This isn't about politics, said film director Oliver Stone, but about the right of artists to have their work distributed.

"This is a shame; it's censorship in the most blatant way," said Stone, who has hired Nowrasteh for several writing projects. "I'm not vouching for its accuracy -- it's a dramatization -- but it's an important work and needs to be seen."""

2. #2 | Top
    Cancel5 Guest

Let's hope not, I hate censorship.

I know free speech! I am not one of those 58%

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

For those that didn't read this yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    From the L.A. Times today. Here's the link so you can read the whole article for youself. I will post some of the highlights...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...dlines-entnews

The basic theme is there are several dozen television DVD's slated for release on September 11th. Path to 9/11 which had high viewership is not one of them.

""With no date for the release, questions are being raised about whether political pressure is behind its current status as a stalled or discarded DVD project. The reasons are murky, but the miniseries' writer, Cyrus Nowrasteh, believes it's crystal clear: Powerful forces are out to protect Bill Clinton's presidential legacy and shield Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) from any potential collateral damage in her bid for the White House.

Nowrasteh, also one of the miniseries' many producers, said he was told by a top executive at ABC Studios that "if Hillary weren't running for president, this wouldn't be a problem."""

"""This isn't about politics, said film director Oliver Stone, but about the right of artists to have their work distributed.

"This is a shame; it's censorship in the most blatant way," said Stone, who has hired Nowrasteh for several writing projects. "I'm not vouching for its accuracy -- it's a dramatization -- but it's an important work and needs to be seen."""

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

sad... like she has a chance anyway

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

gives u idea that hillary is same as bush when it comes to personal freedom and liberties. We need a champion of the people in 08.. unfortunately this will not happen.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

I haven't looked into this too much, but I would put more money on the fact that Hillary has powerful supporters in Hollywood who are doing this on their own.

Not that I put it past her, but she's too shrewd to leave any trail for something like this...

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

its abc that isnt releaseing the dvd, they have the distribution right i think... i could be wrong but i think that what i read

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    I haven't looked into this too much, but I would put more money on the fact that Hillary has powerful supporters in Hollywood who are doing this on their own.

Not that I put it past her, but she's too shrewd to leave any trail for something like this...
    This is the evidence:

Oh, ok. Well, they are talking to the same audience who sat slack-jawed with belief and fear when they were told "I was told by a senior admistration official that Saddam is preparing to attack NYC with chemical weapons, within two weeks".

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    This is the evidence:

Oh, ok. Well, they are talking to the same audience who sat slack-jawed with belief and fear when they were told "I was told by a senior admistration official that Saddam is preparing to attack NYC with chemical weapons, within two weeks".
    they could both be true... weather thats actuly the case or not, he cold have been told that.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think it is far more likely they are holding it until closer to Primary time as it will sell better then.

However, if the person who owns sole rights to release a movie chooses not to in order that you might not see it and have a thought that they don't want you to have, it would be censorship, IMO.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    For those that didn't read this yesterday.
    Aww Cawacko, are you done crying yet? Were you boo hooing when this right wing hit job, filled with BS, was broadcast on ABC before the 04 election?

and your little right wing hit job will get released before the 08 election don't worry, but, unfortuntely liberals this time aren't letting the subject get changed from:

HEY BUSH, WHERE IS BIN LADEN????

And that, I can guarantee you.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

At this point, Bush has had almost as much time to get Bin Laden as Clinton had.

The big difference? Bush has an infinitely BIGGER reason to go after Bin Laden, and more leeway to utilize resources, than Clinton ever had.

Smaller difference - I don't think Clinton ever said OBL was irrelevant...

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    At this point, Bush has had almost as much time to get Bin Laden as Clinton had.

The big difference? Bush has an infinitely BIGGER reason to go after Bin Laden, and more leeway to utilize resources, than Clinton ever had.

Smaller difference - I don't think Clinton ever said OBL was irrelevant...
    Bush also promised the American people the murderder of 3,000 Americans, "dead or alive". Instead, he's laughing his ass off somewhere. Probably plotting to kill more Americans.

Bush should be in prison.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Lol how many people would buy this. They'd probably lose money on producing the dvd. Sounds like a good business decision not to release it.
    * Annoy a Republican, think for yourself.
    * Annoy a Democrat, support yourself.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag View Post
    Lol how many people would buy this. They'd probably lose money on producing the dvd. Sounds like a good business decision not to release it.
    On what basis did you come to that conclusion?