Thread: No More Affirmative Action as We Know It

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 401 Times in 350 Posts

Default No More Affirmative Action as We Know It

Being a Moderate, and probably the only one on this Forum, I would like to moderate College entrance Affirmative Action guidelines back to reality. I think that Affirmative Action should be based on the population percentage of Blacks for certain localities, where the college is located. If a college is located in an area where Blacks make up 20% of the population, then up to 20% of the accepted applicants to that college would be Black. If only 5% of that specific local were Black, then only 5% of the Black applicants should be accepted, etc. etc. Of course, there might be exceptions to my rule, but Moderation still rules, and I am a bona fide Moderate.

2. The Following User Groans At SJJRSJJS For This Awful Post:

poet (06-26-2013)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

:0)

I'm real sure this is news to you .. but the biggest beneficiaries of AA were white women .. BY FAR.

Thus, the impact of it will affect white households more than black ones.

:0) .. so very funny
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Cancel 2016.11 (06-26-2013), Howey (06-26-2013), Phantasmal (06-26-2013), poet (06-26-2013)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

BAC, what's your take here? This is my good buddy from high school who posted this on Facebook. He's a great guy who really big on mentoring kids in Oakland and being a positive role model for those kids without fathers. I think things are getting better in this country and not worse but I'm also not a black male.

""The biggest trick the devil ever played is convincing people he does not exist. The repeal of a major piece of the voting rights act and the near death of affirmative action with Clarence Thomas & Ward Connerly to Black men that benefited from both of them being key players in taking them down shows us: The devil is alive and well and racism is alive and well and stronger than ever! Pay Attention and don't fall for it!- Shawn G.""

He followed it up with "If a Black person does the dirty work it is hard to call it racism. Wake up it is racism. And things are not getting better they are getting worse!"

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    BAC, what's your take here? This is my good buddy from high school who posted this on Facebook. He's a great guy who really big on mentoring kids in Oakland and being a positive role model for those kids without fathers. I think things are getting better in this country and not worse but I'm also not a black male.

""The biggest trick the devil ever played is convincing people he does not exist. The repeal of a major piece of the voting rights act and the near death of affirmative action with Clarence Thomas & Ward Connerly to Black men that benefited from both of them being key players in taking them down shows us: The devil is alive and well and racism is alive and well and stronger than ever! Pay Attention and don't fall for it!- Shawn G.""

He followed it up with "If a Black person does the dirty work it is hard to call it racism. Wake up it is racism. And things are not getting better they are getting worse!"
    APPLAUSE

He echoes the sentiments of a great many black people in this country. Things are not getting better .. for most Americans.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Cancel 2016.11 (06-26-2013), The Dude (06-26-2013)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,523 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 139 Times in 129 Posts

Default Re: No More Affirmative Action as We Know It

Quote Originally Posted by SJJRSJJS View Post
    Being a Moderate, and probably the only one on this Forum, I would like to moderate College entrance Affirmative Action guidelines back to reality. I think that Affirmative Action should be based on the population percentage of Blacks for certain localities, where the college is located. If a college is located in an area where Blacks make up 20% of the population, then up to 20% of the accepted applicants to that college would be Black. If only 5% of that specific local were Black, then only 5% of the Black applicants should be accepted, etc. etc. Of course, there might be exceptions to my rule, but Moderation still rules, and I am a bona fide Moderate.
    So, what you are saying is you want maximum quotas for minority applicants? What if the college has say, a 50/50 split of white and minority qualified and acceptable applicants, but the college is located in the 95% white community?

What if more minorities than white applicants have better grades and SAT scores in the same scenario? Should the number of minority applicants still only be limited to 5%?

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Sj has never been in a college!
    Not shocking he'd be clueless about student body of any

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just a reminder of why the SCOTUS is so full of it on this one:

http://thinkprogress.org/tag/voter-s...ion/?mobile=nc
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 550 Posts

So are you saying there is no more racism in America?
    "Democrats will make you go broke on welfare but Republicans will make you go broke on warfare"~Papa

"Once you submit to a political party you start justifying the terrible parts of that party to win"~Me

"Anyone certain, is mistaken."~Best Political Quote Ever

"People who don't understand the necessity for guns, don't follow the Constitution. People who don't understand the necessity to regulate gun ownership, do not follow the Constitution."~Me

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Party View Post
    So are you saying there is no more racism in America?
    Oh! There’s plenty of racism alright in this country. The vast, vast majority of it is the racist Democrats and especially the black Democrats that accuse others of racism. They’re not only racist, they’re fucking hypocrites and racist.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

13. The Following User Groans At Robo For This Awful Post:

The Dude (06-28-2013)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    APPLAUSE

He echoes the sentiments of a great many black people in this country. Things are not getting better .. for most Americans.
    absolutely true

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Liberal View Post
    Oh! There’s plenty of racism alright in this country. The vast, vast majority of it is the racist Democrats and especially the black Democrats that accuse others of racism. They’re not only racist, they’re fucking hypocrites and racist.
    Uh, you obviously don't know or understand the meaning of the words racism and racist. Democrats, as a rule, are not racist, while the vast majority of Republicans are, or at least "condone it". Racism denotes the act of feeling superior to another because of their race, and actively or passively engaging in mistreatment and the diminishing of others, based on race. Find a Democrat who fits that bill. Accusing someone of racism does not a racist make. Racism has particular attributes assigned to practitioners of it. Try to keep up.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'm not a supporter of Affirmative Action, it is a bunch of pure bullshit.
    If it was a bill which was passed and if it was taken into effect, lets say a smart little Jewish boy applied to Yale with a 4.0 GPA, all credentials, and he was brilliant, and then they had a black boy who had 2.4 GPA with barely any of the required credentials; he be more likely to get in. It isn't fair at all, if a school is majority non-black, it doesn't mean the school is automatically NOT accepting blacks because they're racist.. The kid just couldn't get in. The civil right groups have to step out of this for a moment, if your kids don't study, then expect them not to get in.

17. The Following User Groans At Walrus For This Awful Post:

The Dude (06-28-2013)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Liberal View Post
    Classic klansman

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    If it was a bill which was passed and if it was taken into effect, lets say a smart little Jewish boy applied to Yale with a 4.0 GPA, all credentials, and he was brilliant, and then they had a black boy who had 2.4 GPA with barely any of the required credentials; he be more likely to get in. It isn't fair at all, if a school is majority non-black, it doesn't mean the school is automatically NOT accepting blacks because they're racist.. The kid just couldn't get in. The civil right groups have to step out of this for a moment, if your kids don't study, then expect them not to get in.
    Myth #10

http://www.understandingprejudice.or...les/affirm.htm

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

The Dude (06-28-2013)

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    All you have to do is provide an actual case of what you assert, then you might have a case....shouldn't be too hard, as Affirmative Action has been around for quite sometime.

Also, I have never to date have heard jokers like you bitch and moan about "legacy" placements....which is the rich folks version of affirmative action. George W. Bush (aka "the Shrub") was a recipient of this, don't cha know!
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

The Dude (06-30-2013)