Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pray for the Homosexuals

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 114 Times in 89 Posts

Default Pray for the Homosexuals

Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that we cannot love him (or her) or pray for him (her).

Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin it needs to be dealt with in the only way possible. It needs to be laid at the cross and forsaken. Homosexuality is not a special practice that is exempt from God's righteous judgment simply because they claim they are born that way, or just want to be free to love, or say that it is normal. People are born with a tendency to lie.

Does that make it okay? People want to love each other, but since when is "love" the determiner of what is right and wrong? If homosexuality is normal, then why is it practiced by so few? The great majority of people are heterosexual. Are they "more" normal?

Please understand that I don't hate homosexuals. I wouldn't care if my neighbor is gay. I've had homosexual friends and have loved them the same as I would anyone else.

But, the Bible says homosexuality is a sin and the solution to the problem of sin (the breaking of God's Law, 1 John 3:4) is found only in Jesus. He is the Lord, the Savior, the risen King. Jesus is God in flesh (John 1:1,14) and he died to save sinners. We are all sinners and we need salvation (Eph. 2:8-9) that is found in receiving Christ (John 1:12-13).

We Christians should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same as we would for any other person trapped in any other sin. This is not an issue of arrogance or judgmentalism. We don't want anyone to be lost due to their sin and that includes gays, lesbians, and transgenders.

The homosexual is still made in the image of God -- even though he (or she) is in rebellion.

Therefore, we Christians should show homosexuals the same dignity as anyone else with whom we come in contact.

Don't injure them.

Don't hate them.

Don't judge them.

Inform them that freedom and forgiveness are found in Jesus. Let them know that God loves us and died for us so that we might be delivered from the consequences of our sin.

But, this does not mean that you are to approve of what they do. Don't compromise your witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of rationality, godliness, and biblical truth. Instead, stand firm in the word that God has revealed and patiently love him/her biblically, and pray for their salvation. Be kind to them. Be loving. And, when appropriate, tell them the gospel.

Finally, if you are a homosexual, please understand that I do not hate you nor do I judge you. Sin is sin and the forgiveness of our sins is found in Christ.

http://carm.org/bible-homosexuality

2. The Following 4 Users Groan At Conservative For This Awful Post:

Howey (05-29-2013), I'm Watermark (05-29-2013), poet (05-30-2013), Topspin (06-01-2013)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Conservative For This Post:

FKD19124 (05-29-2013)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,191 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that we cannot love him (or her) or pray for him (her).

Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin it needs to be dealt with in the only way possible. It needs to be laid at the cross and forsaken. Homosexuality is not a special practice that is exempt from God's righteous judgment simply because they claim they are born that way, or just want to be free to love, or say that it is normal. People are born with a tendency to lie.

Does that make it okay? People want to love each other, but since when is "love" the determiner of what is right and wrong? If homosexuality is normal, then why is it practiced by so few? The great majority of people are heterosexual. Are they "more" normal?

Please understand that I don't hate homosexuals. I wouldn't care if my neighbor is gay. I've had homosexual friends and have loved them the same as I would anyone else.

But, the Bible says homosexuality is a sin and the solution to the problem of sin (the breaking of God's Law, 1 John 3:4) is found only in Jesus. He is the Lord, the Savior, the risen King. Jesus is God in flesh (John 1:1,14) and he died to save sinners. We are all sinners and we need salvation (Eph. 2:8-9) that is found in receiving Christ (John 1:12-13).

We Christians should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same as we would for any other person trapped in any other sin. This is not an issue of arrogance or judgmentalism. We don't want anyone to be lost due to their sin and that includes gays, lesbians, and transgenders.

The homosexual is still made in the image of God -- even though he (or she) is in rebellion.

Therefore, we Christians should show homosexuals the same dignity as anyone else with whom we come in contact.

Don't injure them.

Don't hate them.

Don't judge them.

Inform them that freedom and forgiveness are found in Jesus. Let them know that God loves us and died for us so that we might be delivered from the consequences of our sin.

But, this does not mean that you are to approve of what they do. Don't compromise your witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of rationality, godliness, and biblical truth. Instead, stand firm in the word that God has revealed and patiently love him/her biblically, and pray for their salvation. Be kind to them. Be loving. And, when appropriate, tell them the gospel.

Finally, if you are a homosexual, please understand that I do not hate you nor do I judge you. Sin is sin and the forgiveness of our sins is found in Christ.

Super serial nonsense

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (05-29-2013), Don Quixote (06-26-2013)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Bible, as God's Word, reveals God's moral character and it shapes the morality of the Christian.

The Bible has much to say about homosexuality:

• Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
    • Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."
    • 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
    • Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

http://carm.org/christianity-and-homosexuality

7. The Following User Groans At Conservative For This Awful Post:

Topspin (06-01-2013)

8. #4 | Top
    philadelphia suburbs. originally from northeast philly.
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 15 Posts

I wish more people would understand that disagreement doesn't equal hate.
    you can hate the sin, but love the sinner.

Don't injure them.

Don't hate them.

Don't judge them.

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Bible, as God's Word, reveals God's moral character and it shapes the morality of the Christian.

The Bible has much to say about homosexuality:

• Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
    • Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."
    • 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
    • Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Yahweh was just a tribal war god, one of the lessers god's, adopted from another culture. He was one of many originally worshipped by the Isrealites. Fascinatining information.

http://www.theology.edu/ugarbib.htm

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (05-29-2013)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

12. The Following User Groans At Conservative For This Awful Post:

Topspin (06-01-2013)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Conservative For This Post:

FKD19124 (05-29-2013)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 86 Times in 85 Posts

Why not. I also think I will get with some Wiccans I know and hold a sabbat for all conservatives. Cast the circle and work a ritual so that they will see.

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I will pray for you.

16. The Following 2 Users Groan At Conservative For This Awful Post:

BRUTALITOPS (05-29-2013), Topspin (06-01-2013)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 86 Times in 85 Posts

I will have them do rituals for you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Canceled.2014.1 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (05-29-2013)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Yahweh was just a tribal war god, one of the lessers god's, adopted from another culture. He was one of many originally worshipped by the Isrealites. Fascinatining information.

http://www.theology.edu/ugarbib.htm
    You do know that Romans and Corinthians are part of the New Testament? Right?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Unlike other sins, this sexual sin has a judgment administered by God Himself: He gives them over to their passions (Rom. 1:26-28). This means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins. As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing. Without an awareness of their sinfulness, there will be no repentance. Without repentance, there will be no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, there is no salvation.

22. The Following User Groans At Conservative For This Awful Post:

Topspin (06-01-2013)

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    You do know that Romans and Corinthians are part of the New Testament? Right?
    Yes, and your point?

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,523 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 139 Times in 129 Posts

Default Re: Pray for the Homosexuals

Unlike other sins, this sexual sin has a judgment administered by God Himself: He gives them over to their passions (Rom. 1:26-28). This means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins. As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing. Without an awareness of their sinfulness, there will be no repentance. Without repentance, there will be no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, there is no salvation.

Yeah...I bet you never masturbate, fantasize about women or anything like that....right?

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Steelplate View Post
    Yeah...I bet you never masturbate, fantasize about women or anything like that....right?
    I am not without sin.

The truth is that God created man and woman, not man and man, or woman and woman. Nevertheless, the Bible is a powerful book, and because of that homosexuals sometimes try to make the Bible agree with their agenda. But it doesn't work. The Bible does not support homosexuality.

26. The Following User Groans At Conservative For This Awful Post:

Topspin (06-01-2013)