Thread: Is Beck any better than Jones?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Default Is Beck any better than Jones?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/2...atheist-gaffe/

Conservative radio host Glenn Beck says that “forces of spiritual darkness” at CNN arranged to have Wolf Blitzer ask a atheist tornado survivor if she thanked the Lord as a plot to promote atheism.

At the conclusion of his Tuesday interview with Rebecca Vitsmun, Blitzer told the woman who lost all of her worldly possessions that “you gotta thank the Lord, right? Do you thank the Lord?”

“I’m actually an atheist,” Vitsmun politely replied, adding, “I don’t blame anybody for thanking the Lord.”

During Wednesday’s radio show, Beck asserted that Blitzer’s question was “peculiar in the way that it was stated.”

“I think he was fed some information about the guest he had on beforehand — that’s what producers do — given some questions that he should ask, etc., etc.,” Beck explained. “Some producer, who is sympathetic to the atheist plight or just doesn’t like Christians or whatever it is, thought it was important to point out that, in the middle of the heartland in American where most people are God fearing, there are atheists there too.”

“It’s important because it informs others what they are being taught about atheists from atheism and the bully pulpit and other sources of bias that is not a correct reflection of reality in plain view,” he continued. “We are not fighting against flesh and bone, we are fighting the forces of spiritual darkness. And it doesn’t matter what people’s intent are, but I will tell you that, that was there for a reason.”

Beck insisted that he liked atheists, but Christians needed to prove that they were better.

“Have I done anything this week, have you done anything that would make anyone say, ‘Wow, what is it about them? I want to be like that. I want to be able to provide hope to others in dark times,’” the radio host said. “If you haven’t done anything different than what an atheist can do this week then your light is not shining very bright at all.”

“Because, quite honestly, if there is no difference, I mean, wouldn’t you rather stay at home on Sunday? Wouldn’t you rather just go ahead and just do what you wanted to do and not listen to some invisible guy in the sky?”
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Baxter View Post

Conservative radio host Glenn Beck says that “forces of spiritual darkness” at CNN arranged to have Wolf Blitzer ask a atheist tornado survivor if she thanked the Lord as a plot to promote atheism.

At the conclusion of his Tuesday interview with Rebecca Vitsmun, Blitzer told the woman who lost all of her worldly possessions that “you gotta thank the Lord, right? Do you thank the Lord?”

“I’m actually an atheist,” Vitsmun politely replied, adding, “I don’t blame anybody for thanking the Lord.”

During Wednesday’s radio show, Beck asserted that Blitzer’s question was “peculiar in the way that it was stated.”

“I think he was fed some information about the guest he had on beforehand — that’s what producers do — given some questions that he should ask, etc., etc.,” Beck explained. “Some producer, who is sympathetic to the atheist plight or just doesn’t like Christians or whatever it is, thought it was important to point out that, in the middle of the heartland in American where most people are God fearing, there are atheists there too.”

“It’s important because it informs others what they are being taught about atheists from atheism and the bully pulpit and other sources of bias that is not a correct reflection of reality in plain view,” he continued. “We are not fighting against flesh and bone, we are fighting the forces of spiritual darkness. And it doesn’t matter what people’s intent are, but I will tell you that, that was there for a reason.”

Beck insisted that he liked atheists, but Christians needed to prove that they were better.

“Have I done anything this week, have you done anything that would make anyone say, ‘Wow, what is it about them? I want to be like that. I want to be able to provide hope to others in dark times,’” the radio host said. “If you haven’t done anything different than what an atheist can do this week then your light is not shining very bright at all.”

“Because, quite honestly, if there is no difference, I mean, wouldn’t you rather stay at home on Sunday? Wouldn’t you rather just go ahead and just do what you wanted to do and not listen to some invisible guy in the sky?”
    What is hilarious is the majority of Christians do stay home on Sunday, lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

The Dude (05-23-2013)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Beck is a fucktard of the highest caliber.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

What's worse: eating a bowl of hair and finding a fingernail or eating a bowl of fingernails and finding a hair?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonestorm For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-23-2013)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,191 Times in 3,035 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 909 Times in 824 Posts

I'll bet Michele Bachmann's had a Republican Party muzzle on her mouth since the tornado hit. Not a peep out of her!

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Baxter View Post

That is kind of an odd question the way it came up.....sounds more like something the IRS would be asking in an audit.
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

9. The Following User Groans At NOVA For This Awful Post:

Topspin (05-26-2013)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (05-25-2013)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    What is hilarious is the majority of Christians do stay home on Sunday, lol

Really ?....Do Christians have to go to church ?...Is that a requirement to be a Christian ?.....could they go on Tuesday instead ? lmao
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

12. The Following User Groans At NOVA For This Awful Post:

Topspin (05-26-2013)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,523 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 139 Times in 129 Posts

Default Re: Is Beck any better than Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    That is kind of an odd question the way it came up.....sounds more like something the IRS would be asking in an audit.
    Ok....I saw the clip....and even as a liberal, I have to admit....it sounded as if he knew the answer before he asked.....objection! Leading the witness, your honor.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Steelplate For This Post:

NOVA (05-24-2013)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    /chuckle.....