Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rant - The system sucks

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Default Rant - The system sucks

Hello friends and adversaries.

I am going to go into a little tale here about how institutionalized banks and the government fuck the little guy who wants to go into business. Fuck them.

I'm an average earner, making a little above the median for my state, but that's just enough for me to rent a room from an angry couple and live here with access to a kitchen, toilet, shower and trash can. I'm not rich.

Recently I was able to secure a private party loan to purchase and stock a vending business. Now, for this type of business apparently you have to have a different type of account because the revenue is wired into the bank account. So I go to the bank to open the account, and there is "Patriot"act shit I have to comply with. Patriot? Fuck them. I had to give them a mountain of paperwork that had to go through their compliance department, then they asked for more, and then more, and then they declined the account. So I go to another bank, and do the same thing. This account gets approved, but they charge $500 to open the account and $100 a month to maintain it. Fine, okay, its worth it but I don't have to like it.

Then, as I'm working on my approval process for the big mainland bank that processes this shit, and the bigger megalo bank behind that bank, I have to get background checks, credit inquiries, everything but a fucking colonoscopy. So I get that approved, my asshole hurts and then I go to start turning over the machines. But then, the wonderful, omnipotent Experian has decided that nobody can look at my credit (which is very good) because they're trying to protect me! The fuck is good credit worth if nobody can see it?!!!

So to sum up, we get attacked, the government makes it harder for people to go into business, the banks make it ever harder than that and me, the little guy, pays for all this bullshit through the nose becauase I'm trying to cut out a piece for myself.

And I have a regular job that they take money from. I feel like you have to be out of your fucking tree to start a business in this country.

Then you have the big government liberals sucking on Uncle Sam's tit and justifying why we need to waste more money in every corner unfound, and the big government "conservatives" like Dixie explaining why we need more military spending and who cannot see the forest for the trees.

You're all idiots. IDIOTS!

Try starting a business and then tell me how fucking great the system is you ASSHOLE!

Love you guys. Carry on.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beefy For This Post:

/MSG/ (04-29-2013), Minister of Truth (04-30-2013), Mott the Hoople (05-02-2013), Rationalist (04-29-2013), Timshel (05-01-2013)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

are you still in Hawaii with the cool girls?

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah. Still here. Love Hawaii man, but the politics are a nightmare.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

yup politics suck. bureaucracy sucks. what else is new.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Yeah. Still here. Love Hawaii man, but the politics are a nightmare.
    I wont go off on a rant about the Patriot Act... but I deal with that bullshit every single fucking day. Every one who opens an account with me goes through a background check which includes being run through the super duper terrorists data base. Add in all the data that we are now required to get on each client and it sounds very similar to your experience.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    I wont go off on a rant about the Patriot Act... but I deal with that bullshit every single fucking day. Every one who opens an account with me goes through a background check which includes being run through the super duper terrorists data base. Add in all the data that we are now required to get on each client and it sounds very similar to your experience.
    You're just a cog in the wheel??!!?!?! I BLAME YOOOOUUUUUUU! Prepare for the HAMMAH!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beefy For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (05-02-2013), Rune (05-04-2013)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Rationalist (05-02-2013)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Since so many are complaining about how difficult this is; can you explain why a friend of mine was able to open his first tattoo shop, in 2010, and just opened his 3rd shop?
    Plus he did this, during a time when other shops were failing and closing their doors.

By the way, he doesn't even know how to tattoo or draw.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Stop being such a little bitch.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Minister of Truth (05-02-2013), Rune (05-04-2013)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by No Face View Post
    Stop being such a little bitch.
    Grind doesn't like it, when you talk to him that way.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

beefy,

good to see you posting.

Hey if going into business was easy there would be no workers.

Vending huh?

always in need.

Best of luck.

its tuff but it sounds like you are getting there.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

shaka bra.... hang in there. which island are you on?

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Hello friends and adversaries.

I am going to go into a little tale here about how institutionalized banks and the government fuck the little guy who wants to go into business. Fuck them.

I'm an average earner, making a little above the median for my state, but that's just enough for me to rent a room from an angry couple and live here with access to a kitchen, toilet, shower and trash can. I'm not rich.

Recently I was able to secure a private party loan to purchase and stock a vending business. Now, for this type of business apparently you have to have a different type of account because the revenue is wired into the bank account. So I go to the bank to open the account, and there is "Patriot"act shit I have to comply with. Patriot? Fuck them. I had to give them a mountain of paperwork that had to go through their compliance department, then they asked for more, and then more, and then they declined the account. So I go to another bank, and do the same thing. This account gets approved, but they charge $500 to open the account and $100 a month to maintain it. Fine, okay, its worth it but I don't have to like it.

Then, as I'm working on my approval process for the big mainland bank that processes this shit, and the bigger megalo bank behind that bank, I have to get background checks, credit inquiries, everything but a fucking colonoscopy. So I get that approved, my asshole hurts and then I go to start turning over the machines. But then, the wonderful, omnipotent Experian has decided that nobody can look at my credit (which is very good) because they're trying to protect me! The fuck is good credit worth if nobody can see it?!!!

So to sum up, we get attacked, the government makes it harder for people to go into business, the banks make it ever harder than that and me, the little guy, pays for all this bullshit through the nose becauase I'm trying to cut out a piece for myself.

And I have a regular job that they take money from. I feel like you have to be out of your fucking tree to start a business in this country.

Then you have the big government liberals sucking on Uncle Sam's tit and justifying why we need to waste more money in every corner unfound, and the big government "conservatives" like Dixie explaining why we need more military spending and who cannot see the forest for the trees.

You're all idiots. IDIOTS!

Try starting a business and then tell me how fucking great the system is you ASSHOLE!

Love you guys. Carry on.
    ....and the crowd chants "Beefy! Beefy! Beefy!"

Wow....that was almost a Dixie caliber rant Beefy.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Yea, we have to deal with Patriot Act shit and DHS with Chemical plant security issues. It's a giant pain in the ass. Having said that, they don't want a guy like you funneling money to a guy like me that could use it to make a chemical terror weapon. That's not such a bad idea.

IT's a serious concern that some financial type like you could funnel money to some nut to purchase precursor chemicals.

I mean think about that damage to society that could be cause if that money allowed Dixie to buy a ton of ammonium nitrate or Failius a cylinder of phosgene gas or if it bought Watermark a plastic spoon. Think of the damage that could be done!
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Beefy (05-05-2013), Phantasmal (05-02-2013)

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Since so many are complaining about how difficult this is; can you explain why a friend of mine was able to open his first tattoo shop, in 2010, and just opened his 3rd shop?
    Plus he did this, during a time when other shops were failing and closing their doors.

By the way, he doesn't even know how to tattoo or draw.

It's because this "friend" of yours lives inside your head and he's totally imaginary.
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?