1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Default begging for slavery

http://monachuslex.com/?p=2633

By John Pierce

In the hit 2012 movie The Avengers, the Norse trickster god Loki threatens a crowd and makes them kneel before him as he delivers a speech about what he thinks of the human race.In the hit 2012 movie The Avengers, the Norse trickster god Loki threatens a crowd and makes them kneel before him as he delivers a speech about what he thinks of the human race.

“Is this not your natural state? It’s the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life’s joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.”

As I was watching the movie, I was properly outraged at the character’s assertions. I remember thinking that he was going to be surprised at the fighting spirit inherent in the human race.

But as I sit here tonight watching the Democrats across the country systematically stripping away the self-defense rights of their ‘subjects’ one state at a time and being praised by their sycophants for doing so, I am made to wonder … perhaps Loki was right after all … at least where some humans are concerned.

There seems to be a subset of humanity that does indeed crave subjugation, even in America. We call them anti-gunners. They cower and whimper in fear whenever faced with the responsibility and cost of freedom. Instead they beg for the safety of a prison and the ‘protective’ hand of an all powerful government.

So how do we deal with a nation divided between those who would be free and those who would rather seek the safety of servitude?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 127 Posts
    Blog Entries

We live in our own bubbles. Through the freedoms of technologies, we are capable of finding a niche to support all our fetishes; several brands of ignorance being amoung them. I fear that our lives are increasingly analogous to 'The Matrix' in that our lives are increasingly capable of being governed by our technology, which create our own bubbles for us, increasingly realistic bubbles. Our reality is already shaped by the intangible, the constructed, and now it is given a pleasant color, sound, and thought stimuli.

Our subjugation will be through our culture of experience, of feeling and thrill. Or at least my thoughts wander down that alley more and more. I spend more time on this pc than in a book and outside, exercising/socializing, creating.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 64 Times in 62 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post

By John Pierce

In the hit 2012 movie The Avengers, the Norse trickster god Loki threatens a crowd and makes them kneel before him as he delivers a speech about what he thinks of the human race.In the hit 2012 movie The Avengers, the Norse trickster god Loki threatens a crowd and makes them kneel before him as he delivers a speech about what he thinks of the human race.

“Is this not your natural state? It’s the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life’s joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.”

As I was watching the movie, I was properly outraged at the character’s assertions. I remember thinking that he was going to be surprised at the fighting spirit inherent in the human race.

But as I sit here tonight watching the Democrats across the country systematically stripping away the self-defense rights of their ‘subjects’ one state at a time and being praised by their sycophants for doing so, I am made to wonder … perhaps Loki was right after all … at least where some humans are concerned.

There seems to be a subset of humanity that does indeed crave subjugation, even in America. We call them anti-gunners. They cower and whimper in fear whenever faced with the responsibility and cost of freedom. Instead they beg for the safety of a prison and the ‘protective’ hand of an all powerful government.

So how do we deal with a nation divided between those who would be free and those who would rather seek the safety of servitude?
    Ill thank you not to turn an excellent movie into a political statement.
    "In the bath tub of history the truth is harder to find than the soap and more difficult to hold on to."

It's not the cops fault that the douchebag is a fraud.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

By John Pierce

Do what I have done. Take care of yourself and fuck the rest

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 72 Times in 62 Posts

This is ridiculous. I'm pro 2nd amendment as well, but at some point you need to look upon your own beliefs with a degree of harshness. If you've descended to writing such utter nonsense, something's really wrong.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Bird View Post
    This is ridiculous. I'm pro 2nd amendment as well, but at some point you need to look upon your own beliefs with a degree of harshness. If you've descended to writing such utter nonsense, something's really wrong.
    the only thing that's wrong is that people have fallen for the bullshit that they need to ignore the constitution because it was written so long ago. I question whether those people have actually read the constitution or not.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the only thing that's wrong is that people have fallen for the bullshit that they need to ignore the constitution because it was written so long ago. I question whether those people have actually read the constitution or not.
    Or that you're equating prohibition to slavery.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pisskop View Post
    We live in our own bubbles. Through the freedoms of technologies, we are capable of finding a niche to support all our fetishes; several brands of ignorance being amoung them. I fear that our lives are increasingly analogous to 'The Matrix' in that our lives are increasingly capable of being governed by our technology, which create our own bubbles for us, increasingly realistic bubbles. Our reality is already shaped by the intangible, the constructed, and now it is given a pleasant color, sound, and thought stimuli.

Our subjugation will be through our culture of experience, of feeling and thrill. Or at least my thoughts wander down that alley more and more. I spend more time on this pc than in a book and outside, exercising/socializing, creating.
    And the Democrats take care of the rest.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

I love when left wingers say "I am pro 2nd Amendment". It is like you are saying you have a "negro friend"

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Or that you're equating prohibition to slavery.
    a disarmed man becomes a slave when he has no means to say no, effectively.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

By John Pierce

It's not just anti-gunners. Liberals despise personal responsibility. They want GovCo to take care of them from diapers to Depends.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

a disarmed man becomes a slave when he has no means to say no, effectively.
    A slave to whom?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A slave to whom?
    to those in power, or with guns. government, but you knew this.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

By John Pierce

Have you ever actually heard a liberal frame the debate that way, that they're seeking subjugation in passing gun control laws? No, you probably hear something quite different. It would do you a great deal of good to dispute their actual platform, or at least make some attempt to frame the debate in a way that both sides can agree on, than to invent sheer fantasies that bear little resemblance to your opponents argument, but are simply easy to argue against and ideologically pleasing. All you're doing is talking past your opponent, uselessly engaging in nihilistic solipsism.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Cancel 2016.11 (04-09-2013)

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by No Face View Post
    Have you ever actually heard a liberal frame the debate that way, that they're seeking subjugation in passing gun control laws? No, you probably hear something quite different. It would do you a great deal of good to dispute their actual platform, or at least make some attempt to frame the debate in a way that both sides can agree on, than to invent sheer fantasies that bear little resemblance to your opponents argument, but are simply easy to argue against and ideologically pleasing. All you're doing is talking past your opponent, uselessly engaging in nihilistic solipsism.
    I hear quite a few liberals also say that they don't want to take all guns either, but they seem to be pushing for more gun bans all the time. If they get angry because I reveal their inner fears and truths, maybe they should rethink their position.