Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, Cancel 2016.11, /MSG/, Howey and I'm Watermark

Thread: Is it nature or nurture?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Default Is it nature or nurture?

So while on a little vacation, I was taking our very large canine for a walk at the pet friendly hotel. The elevator stopped at the second floor and there was an elderly negro man who upon seeing the large canine nearly jumped out of his skin and said "Awww sheet." I politely explained that while very large, our canine was very docile. He however said "Hell naw". No problem by me, the hotel allows pets, it isn't my problem and he can wait for the next elevator.

But, it did raise a question in my mind. I have heard that the negro's are scared of dogs and I have heard multiple reasons for this. One reason I have heard is that the democrat party while running the KKK used dogs to keep the negro in line. As such, it has been genetically encoded into the negro to be scared of dogs.

Does anyone have a good explanation? Is it nature? Are the negro's evolutionarily programmed to be scared of dogs due to the oppressive democrat party? Or is it something that was taught during the civil rights era when the democrat party led by Bull Connor was putting hoses on the negro for daring to sit at a restaurant counter?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 86 Times in 85 Posts

In my lifetime there have been numerous times that the police used dogs to attack protestors in civil rights marches. That sort of thing has a tendency to stick with people. If someone has been attacked by a dog they tend to be afraid of them, and they pass that down to their children in the form of cautions over and over.

There were people in Mississippi that my grandfather knew who raised german shepherds and taught them to hate blacks. This was in the late 60s & early 70s. Not that long ago.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 32 Times in 27 Posts

Africans generally don't keep pets, and view dogs as a threat. African wild dogs can be pretty dangerous.

Also, dogs pick up the vibes of their owners, and a white owner meeting an unknown black often has an unmistakable vibe, dog-wise, even without explicitly training the dog. And yes they also get deliberately trained. So there are plenty of reasons for Africans to be suspicious of dogs with white masters.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Default Is it nature or nurture?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    In my lifetime there have been numerous times that the police used dogs to attack protestors in civil rights marches. That sort of thing has a tendency to stick with people. If someone has been attacked by a dog they tend to be afraid of them, and they pass that down to their children in the form of cautions over and over.

There were people in Mississippi that my grandfather knew who raised german shepherds and taught them to hate blacks. This was in the late 60s & early 70s. Not that long ago.
    Your granddaddy got anymore of them dogs?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 86 Times in 85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Your granddaddy got anymore of them dogs?
    My granddaddy has been dead since 1983. And he always swore he would shoot "them damn worthless dogs" if they got loose.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,523 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 139 Times in 129 Posts

Default Re: Is it nature or nurture?

Wow....race bait much?