Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Young woman gang-raped in India dies

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

Default Young woman gang-raped in India dies

I sometimes question whether governments should have the power to put violent criminals to death. Then, I read stories such as this one, and I am reminded why I support the death penalty.

On another note, I would venture to guess that the attackers weren't Sikh, Christian, or Hindu. Rape truly is the seventh pillar of Islam...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/28/world/...tim/index.html
    "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power." -O'Brien, Nineteen Eighty-Four

2. The Following User Groans At Rationalist For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (12-29-2012)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rationalist For This Post:

Minister of Truth (12-28-2012)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Terrible.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 854 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 133 Times in 122 Posts

India? Probably the bastard that got my job did it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Banned For This Post:

Liberty (12-29-2012), Minister of Truth (12-28-2012)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Stop being so expendable.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Employees are Verizons most valuable resource.
    They boost their stock price everytime they lay some off.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen too View Post
    Employees are Verizons most valuable resource.
    They boost their stock price everytime they lay some off.
    Then you aren't that valuable and don't have the marketable skills they need. That is your fault, not Verizon's. Apparently they found a way to get your work done more cheaply and as effectively. That is good business. Don't blame them. Blame yourself.

But, hey you got 99 weeks of unemployment right? And Obamacare got ya covered. If you are 26 you can go on your parents insurance

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No wonder he's a fucking lib.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I had the skills but as you say they found a cheaper although somewhat illegal way.
    You see customer records in the telephone company are protected by law from foreign or unauthorized domestic viewing.

they got this law hanged during the bush years along with their exemption for violating federal wiretap laws under the directions of the Bush Administration.
    You scratch my back I will scratch yours.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Then you aren't that valuable and don't have the marketable skills they need. That is your fault, not Verizon's. Apparently they found a way to get your work done more cheaply and as effectively. That is good business. Don't blame them. Blame yourself.

But, hey you got 99 weeks of unemployment right? And Obamacare got ya covered. If you are 26 you can go on your parents insurance
    I was over 50 years old. Virtually unhireable. Although I did get a programming consulting job for 6 years for $75/hr.
    Then I went on SS disabililty for health reasons of course and the fact that no one would insure me because of pre-existing conditions.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was over 50 years old. Virtually unhireable. Although I did get a programming consulting job for 6 years for $75/hr.
    Then I went on SS disabililty for health reasons of course and the fact that no one would insure me because of pre-existing conditions.
    If you have preexisting conditions, then it isn't insurance. It is hard to believe that people don't understand what insurance really is.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    If you have preexisting conditions, then it isn't insurance. It is hard to believe that people don't understand what insurance really is.
    If you have insurance thru an employer and you lose that job because of your health condition then your insurance dies, COBRA only lasts a while and costs twice as much as when you were an employee.
    That is where the pre-existing condition bites your ass and you file bankruptcy as a general rule.
    One thing I found out is that bankruptcy will even go after your pre paid funeral/burail expenses.

So I decided to collect on all the SS I had paid in all my life. Not for the income but for the medical coverage.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Young woman gang-raped in India dies

If you have insurance thru an employer and you lose that job because of your health condition then your insurance dies, COBRA only lasts a while and costs twice as much as when you were an employee.
    That is where the pre-existing condition bites your ass and you file bankruptcy as a general rule.
    One thing I found out is that bankruptcy will even go after your pre paid funeral/burail expenses.

So I decided to collect on all the SS I had paid in all my life. Not for the income but for the medical coverage.
    Your post just further proves my point that you don't understand insurance. Don't feel bad. Many people don't and that is how we got in this mess

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melos View Post
    I sometimes question whether governments should have the power to put violent criminals to death. Then, I read stories such as this one, and I am reminded why I support the death penalty.

On another note, I would venture to guess that the attackers weren't Sikh, Christian, or Hindu. Rape truly is the seventh pillar of Islam...

What proof is there that this has anything to do with Islam? Did you you read the account, it's mentioned in this article, of the girl who was gang raped during Diwali and committed suicide after being pressured by police to drop the charges or marry one of her attackers?

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl’s father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. Deuteronomy 22:28–29
    I don't see much reason to believe the problem is Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism or even religion in general but the lack of legal rights for women.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timshel For This Post:

Cancel 2018. 3 (12-28-2012), Phantasmal (12-28-2012)

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstringTheory View Post
    What proof is there that this has anything to do with Islam? Did you you read the account, it's mentioned in this article, of the girl who was gang raped during Diwali and committed suicide after being pressured by police to drop the charges or marry one of her attackers?

I don't see much reason to believe the problem is Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism or even religion in general but the lack of legal rights for women.
    sounds like some extreme right wingers over here.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melos View Post

actually, i would suggest the old english penalty for treason...first they tie a rope around their neck and hang them for a short time (not long enough to kill them) three times, then castrate them (males only), then slit open their abdomen and pull out their intestines, then tie ropes (attached to horses) to each of their arms and legs, then cause the horses to all charge away at the same time
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America