Thread: Liberal gun bullshit

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bfgrn View Post
    I have no fear of guns. Now what asshole?
    Reply to the rest of my comments, not just the bait.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Here's my assessment of Rune's suggestions:

I am proposing more than a $500 yearly limit on mental health treatment for insurance policies, like maybe no limit.
    Increase the limit maybe?
    Why have any limit on mental health, considering the consequences if untreated? Who decides how much is enough?
    I am proposing enough hospital beds available that when someone needs help there is somewhere to send them.
    Don't know how you go about it, but not a bad idea.
    I am proposing training for police so at least sometimes they might recognize a mental health issue instead of opening fire.
    I think they do this already.
    I am proposing Judges be better educated in mental health issues.
    I think this is a good idea, and bring back 'involuntary institutionalization' like we had before 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' when liberals erased these.
    Involuntary hospitalization still happens, it is just much more difficult, i.e. the need must be thouroughly proven, which is as it should be.

I am proposing society accept someone with mental health problems the same way they accept someone with a broken leg, to de-stigmatize the condition.
    No problem!
    I am proposing single payer insurance so anyone who needs help can get it.
    Nope. We simply can't afford this.
    Opinion, not supported by facts. We can't afford not to teat illness promptly. We either pay a little now, or a lot later. A stitch in time saves nine.
    I am proposing that school "psychologists" actually be psychologists.
    No problem.
    I am proposing that society advances to the point where going to a therapist is a good idea, not something to be hidden and not talked about.
    Good idea.
    I am proposing that psychiatrists have some type of supervision so that when one dies, their patients are not left alone in the world with no one to turn to, and no idea what to do about it.
    Fine with it.
    I am proposing that practitioners of western medicine be trained to treat or least be aware of the entire patient, and not meet every symptom with a chemical treatment.
    Okay.
    I am proposing that social workers and child care providers be paid as if they are responsible for our most precious resources since they are.
    Okay with this.
    I am proposing that children be asigned some value in society, despite that fact that they can't vote and seldom have much disposable money.
    Can we start with the unborn children?
    I am proposing that more woman be authority figures, since that is the only correlation I can make to the slight drop in violence we have finally achieved.
    No correlation. I disagree.
    What proof do you offer?
    I am proposing that the ERA be passed, since it's failure was an act of violence itself. How could we as a country possibly judge women as less deserving than men?
    Irrelevant.
    Goes to frame of mind. Rmember, in this case, it was a woman's guns used to commit the crime. Why did she think she needed all those guns?
    I am proposing that the causes of despair and hopelessness be decreased by voting down the GOP in the next election.
    Not a political thing.
    How could it be anything other than political? Goes to the state of affairs of the country.

Now, I think me finding agreement with 2/3 of what was suggested, is pretty good, considering.

I will add a few more...

Stop denouncing "God" every time you have the chance.
    Start respecting life by denouncing late term abortion. (infanticide)
    Teach the virtue of respect for others.
    Speak up when you encounter the "weirdo" kid who isn't right.
    Public schools, if we are going to have them, should have 'layered' security like a military base.
    Get rid of the violent video games for children.
    Get rid of the violent movies for children.
    Get rid of the violent music for children.
    Institutionalize the mentally unstable... Federally fund it if we have to with taxpayer money.
    Have some form of 'armed security' at every school in America.

Let us understand, NONE of the measures mentioned here will guarantee anything. There is still the possibility for tragedy, and there is still the possibility that insane people will do insane things. We can never eliminate that possibility completely, no matter what we do.
    Yes, human existence will always involve tragedy, but less voluntary tragedy would help.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 885 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 90 Times in 86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Gore lost becuase the republican party cheated in the election.
    Sounds like Al Frankin.
    Man knows no master save creating heaven,
    or those whom choice and common good ordain.

Demacrat--Republican---------------------Center-------------------------------------------Libartarian
    Marxist, and little freedom--------------------------------------------------Anti-Marxist-Much Liberty

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. . . One is by
    sword. . . The other is by debt.

John Adams 1826

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 344 Times in 322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Reply to the rest of my comments, not just the bait.
    I already did. Liberals need to grow a spine. Even Mayor Bloomberg, the most fervent gun control advocate has not called for taking people's guns away.

Like most liberals, I support the 2nd amendment. But none of our rights come without sanction. I believe every citizen has the right to defend their home and family, use guns for hunting and recreation. But the 2nd amendment does not give citizens the right to own and carry weapons that are manufactured to use in a war zone and have a rate of fire fire of one armor piercing round per second.

When the 2nd amendment was written, the most firepower an individual could garner was a Flintlock Musket. Rate of fire of a musket in the hands of an expertly trained marksman is 3 rounds per MINUTE.

According to the Continental army training manual, there were 13 steps to firing a musket. In short, a soldier had to get a cartridge, tear it open with his teeth, put a little bit of powder in the firing mechanism, put the rest of the powder and a gun ball down the barrel, ram the ball and powder home, cock the musket and fire.

The musket was not an accurate weapon, so even after all that work, the soldier didn’t have the greatest chance of shooting his intended target. ref.
    The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bfgrn For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-17-2012), Rune (12-17-2012)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I already did. Liberals need to grow a spine. Even Mayor Bloomberg, the most fervent gun control advocate has not called for taking people's guns away.

Like most liberals, I support the 2nd amendment. But none of our rights come without sanction. I believe every citizen has the right to defend their home and family, use guns for hunting and recreation. But the 2nd amendment does not give citizens the right to own and carry weapons that are manufactured to use in a war zone and have a rate of fire fire of one armor piercing round per second.

When the 2nd amendment was written, the most firepower an individual could garner was a Flintlock Musket. Rate of fire of a musket in the hands of an expertly trained marksman is 3 rounds per MINUTE.

According to the Continental army training manual, there were 13 steps to firing a musket. In short, a soldier had to get a cartridge, tear it open with his teeth, put a little bit of powder in the firing mechanism, put the rest of the powder and a gun ball down the barrel, ram the ball and powder home, cock the musket and fire.

The musket was not an accurate weapon, so even after all that work, the soldier didn’t have the greatest chance of shooting his intended target. ref.
    Well, you responded and were reasonable. Thanks.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

No Desh.

Gore lost because he was honest about what he wanted to do about guns.
    He learned from his mistake. You can too.
    you're telling desh not to be honest? O_o

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

I will keep bumping this thread for the rest of my natural life or until I get some reasoned liberal response.
    lol you are going to be bumping this a lot.

I appreciate your post a lot rune. I am glad that there are at least some liberals that have come off the weekend long fantasy (not saying you were one of them) of banning and taking away guns. Now hopefully reality is starting to sink in that the 2nd amendment is sacred in america and they aren't doing shit.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grease View Post
    you're telling desh not to be honest? O_o
    From anybody but you. LOL.

No, I was telling her to learn from Gore's mistake. Right or wrong, the second amendment is sancrosant.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    and those people are not allowed to threaten this country to get their way
    we are allowed to threaten you when you threaten our lives and rights.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grease View Post
    lol you are going to be bumping this a lot.
    No, I got what I was looking for, a reasonble liberal reply. Not exactly satisfied, but I will keep my word.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have no fear of guns. Now what asshole?
    I call bullshit. you have already said that me having a gun concerns you greatly. i'm imagining that if I didn't have a gun, you wouldn't give a damn, so your fear is the gun.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the 2nd Amendment was written to keep the government in check by the people, should the newly formed central government ever forget who it was they were working for.

so what?

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    the 2nd Amendment was written to keep the government in check by the people, should the newly formed central government ever forget who it was they were working for.

so what?
    It seems as if he thinks potential tyrants will limit their armies to muzzle loading muskets.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (12-17-2012)

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I call bullshit. you have already said that me having a gun concerns you greatly. i'm imagining that if I didn't have a gun, you wouldn't give a damn, so your fear is the gun.
    I never said you having a gun concerns me. What does concern me is you are the poster boy for the nuts in this country who believe the 2nd amendment means citizens should be able to have the same weaponry as the armed forces. It is TOTALLY driven by your overwhelming fear.
    The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bfgrn For This Post:

Phantasmal (12-17-2012)

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so what?
    So, were back to your asinine belief that the second amendment should allow you to have intercontinental ballistic missiles, rocket launchers, tanks and aircraft carriers. You are a retard.
    John Kenneth Galbraith