Groans
    Groaned 114 Times in 89 Posts

Default Why God created Woman

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 86 Times in 85 Posts

I am a Christian. But I am also educated enough to be able to see that the bible we have today was translated and carefully edited to provide control over women and over the masses.

I suppose you can follow the bible and take it as a infallible and a literal "Word of God", but then you would have to believe that the world was flooded completely, the earth stopped rotating (and gravity didn't change), that a single man defeated an army with a scavenged bone, and that there was a physical place called Eden.

I believe God. It is the meddling of power-hungry men that I do not accept.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canceled.2014.1 For This Post:

Banned (12-04-2012), zappasguitar (12-06-2012)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

God created woman because we have diploid, not haploid chromosome pairs that come from female/male pairings. This is, of course, if you assume this God creature, like any intelligent creator would, used evolution to create man.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I am a Christian. But I am also educated enough to be able to see that the bible we have today was translated and carefully edited to provide control over women and over the masses.

I suppose you can follow the bible and take it as a infallible and a literal "Word of God", but then you would have to believe that the world was flooded completely, the earth stopped rotating (and gravity didn't change), that a single man defeated an army with a scavenged bone, and that there was a physical place called Eden.

Wouldn't it be more concise to just make the simple observation that conservative has shit for brains?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

zappasguitar (12-06-2012)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Wouldn't it be more concise to just make the simple observation that conservative has shit for brains?
    Or we could answer the question of Why God created women with the old answer. Because he couldn't teach sheep to cook.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canceled.2014.1 For This Post:

Minister of Truth (12-12-2012), Mott the Hoople (12-04-2012)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post

it's the meddling of power-hungry men that have given you your very own understanding of god. It's all a farce. Join the revolution, free yourself from religious tyranny.

---

Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

evince (12-18-2012), Haiku (12-04-2012)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by King of Owls View Post
    it's the meddling of power-hungry men that have given you your very own understanding of god. It's all a farce. Join the revolution, free yourself from religious tyranny.
    I've been an agnostic, an atheist, a pagan, and a christian. I like where I am. Although I do miss the "skyclad" bonfires the pagans had.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    God created woman because we have diploid, not haploid chromosome pairs that come from female/male pairings. This is, of course, if you assume this God creature, like any intelligent creator would, used evolution to create man.
    Well you'll have to explain to me how ploidism is responsible for gender and how it is evidence of God having created women?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

There is no 'why', and there is no 'plan'. Women exist because sexual reproduction was beneficial to the ancestor that first evolved this trait, and to all of the species that later branched off, including ours.
    "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power." -O'Brien, Nineteen Eighty-Four

14. The Following User Groans At Rationalist For This Awful Post:

patriot66 (12-11-2012)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rationalist For This Post:

evince (12-18-2012)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well you'll have to explain to me how ploidism is responsible for gender and how it is evidence of God having created women?
    Ploidism isn't responsible itself for gender, however the part about male/female pairs is. Basically, you can jack off, but your haploid sperm ain't creating people with the the other half of the diploid pair, which is in the ovoid. This gives the best possible chance to spread genomes without deadly results in mutations and is why all complex species, and even some rather non-complex species, have evolved to have this same diploid pairing.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 114 Times in 89 Posts

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Ploidism isn't responsible itself for gender, however the part about male/female pairs is. Basically, you can jack off, but your haploid sperm ain't creating people with the the other half of the diploid pair, which is in the ovoid. This gives the best possible chance to spread genomes without deadly results in mutations and is why all complex species, and even some rather non-complex species, have evolved to have this same diploid pairing.
    God originally intended humanity to be cloned in labs by scientists.....but since the scientists stubbornly insisted on looking for life to spontaneously occur in ponds of organic chemicals, he had to create women instead........

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

patriot66 (12-11-2012)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

God created Women to give us men heartburn, spend our money, and generally drive us either crazy, or broke. Sometimes BOTH!!!!

Btw, just joined, I enjoy a good debate....lets see how this goes.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarhead6012 For This Post:

patriot66 (12-11-2012)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    God originally intended humanity to be cloned in labs by scientists.....but since the scientists stubbornly insisted on looking for life to spontaneously occur in ponds of organic chemicals, he had to create women instead........
    That was funny, more like that!!

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hey, this is perfectly reasonable, you liberal idiots just don't realize it. EVERYONE has their ROLE in GOD'S plan! The purpose of men, it just so happens, is to lead people, pursue the line of work they want, and to head the household. The purpose of women, on the other hand, is to do everything the man says, all the trivial shit he doesn't want to do, screw him any time he wants, and other menial tasks that involve minimal brainpower. Perhaps they get to be recorded in the history books if they contribute to a great man by doing this stuff, but otherwise, no, their job is to make babies, do busywork, and otherwise get out of the way while the men are talking. You see, it all evens out, doesn't it?
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34