Members banned from this thread: RockX

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye old friend.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    But as you admitted: THANKFULLy you're merely an alcoholic. Thank God the government regulates drugs.

Right Beefy the non-drug addict.
    Oh Noes!!1! My thread's been hijacked!!!

I hereby rescind my statement. Socialize Cocaine!

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,321 Times in 9,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Vicodin sucks.

People only said it was cool cuz eminem rapped about it.

You need some of the cheap 'black tar' heroine the kids are into these days. Even that's better than vicodin.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    Vicodin sucks.

People only said it was cool cuz eminem rapped about it.

You need some of the cheap 'black tar' heroine the kids are into these days. Even that's better than vicodin.
    I did try that. Its pretty good, but such a pain in the ass to administer, what with the needle and the spoon and the lighter and such. Oy Vey!

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

But as you admitted: THANKFULLy you're merely an alcoholic. Thank God the government regulates drugs.

Right Beefy the non-drug addict.
    LOL.

The whole thing is a double-edged sword, because I don't believe in putting people in jail for using, on the other hand, I do think there would be more addicts if all drugs were legalized.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    LOL.

The whole thing is a double-edged sword, because I don't believe in putting people in jail for using, on the other hand, I do think there would be more addicts if all drugs were legalized.
    You're disrespecting tooth #8.

He would have done the time with me.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    It was a false tooth. It was a temporary tooth put in in 1999, I just never bothered to get a permanent crown until now. The old one had turned brown, like a chocolate rolls royce, so I had the little feller put down.
    That's what I thought you had said, but now you wanted to put a falsey on your necklace. TSK TSK! besides I don't belrive your figures. if it had been a natural one, you maybe, might have had time, but a falsey????
    PRE-EMINENT BUSH BASHER and proud of it (no appologies)

An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throweth mud, losith ground"

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Really? I can't stand them. I'd rather just have 1/2 lb of advil and deal with no stomach lining.
    That's all I every use for anything, but I often contribute two Advils to Arthur and the other Itis boys.
    PRE-EMINENT BUSH BASHER and proud of it (no appologies)

An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throweth mud, losith ground"

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by doniston View Post
    That's what I thought you had said, but now you wanted to put a falsey on your necklace. TSK TSK! besides I don't belrive your figures. if it had been a natural one, you maybe, might have had time, but a falsey????
    If I had a scanner, I would scan the original receipt. It has been nearly 8 years.

I was acid washing my pop's pool for him when I was 23, and the dog Gypsy (RIP) kept dropping her ball on the step to play fetch, so I kept throwing it to her. Well, my old man's pool is all 1 inch mosaic tile, so its pretty slick.

Gypsy once again dropped the ball in the pool, and I threw it. When I did, my feet gave out from under me and I landed squarely on the former tooth #8 (RIP). For reference, that's the righter of your two front teeth. Well, Mr. #* flat exploded after going through my lower lip.

So I go to the dentist and sit in the chair, still in shock and the dental assistant puts that bib thing on me and tells me to open my mough. When I did, not kidding, the first thing the guy said was "fuuuuuckkk....." real slow. I'm totally not even kidding. It scared the shit out of me.

At that point I went from shock to panic. After hours of needles, drills, agonizing pain and horrifying sounds and bone dust flying all over the place, the dentist put on a temporary tooth, made only of this weird paste that gets set up by a magnificent, rich blue light.

Right around then I got a new job selling salt-water pool systems to builders all over California and Nevada, and also right then this tooth started falling out. I must have used enough fixodent to drive their stock price up 30% before I decided to get a real tooth.

So I went back, the guy root canaled me and put in a post, then went into a drawer and puled out this putty shit and told me to bite on in. I complied and then he put in tooth #8 and said they'd have a permanent crown in a couple of weeks. Well, #8 looked good and functional, so I never came back for the next appointment.

This all happened in late October/Early november of '99.

Then, #8 went chocolate, and I never forgave him. Today, I finally put him down.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not that anyone cares but I'll share my bit of TMI for the day:

I don't like strong pain killers. They make me groggy.
    I have never had one... I refuse... shit is bad for ya. A couple aleve... good to go.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I concur. I'd be a guaranteed addict if I could buy those things at 7-11. Thankfully, I'm merely a full blown alcoholic.
    Yah. It's why I only take them for a day or two then stop. I have tempting pill bottles in the cabinet for emergencies.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why would anyone buy a saltwater pool system?

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    They say it's easier to put backspin on the cue ball.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    There is a bouyant feel to swimming in saltwater that you do not get from fresh water swimming.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    There is a bouyant feel to swimming in saltwater that you do not get from fresh water swimming.
    Well, that part of it is negligable, as the salinity is 1/20th that of the ocean. But Salt is Sodium Chloride, and there's an electronic cell that converts it into free chlorine. Then, when its done, it reconverts back to salt. Never buy chlorine again, and the water has a better feel. That, and I make a lot of money on them.

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, that part of it is negligable, as the salinity is 1/20th that of the ocean. But Salt is Sodium Chloride, and there's an electronic cell that converts it into free chlorine. Then, when its done, it reconverts back to salt. Never buy chlorine again, and the water has a better feel. That, and I make a lot of money on them.
    Ah, I was speaking of swimming in the ocean. I mix saltwater at ocean-level salinity for my saltwater fish tank.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle