1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default first four minutes...

Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

2. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2016.2 For This Awful Post:

Rune (11-05-2012)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 344 Times in 322 Posts

Repeat After Me: Obama Cut the Deficit and Slowed Spending to Lowest Level in 50 Years

Illustrative of his contempt for the truth, Mitt Romney's campaign website continues to host the following statement: "Since President Obama assumed office three years ago, federal spending has accelerated at a pace without precedent in recent history."

On Friday, we discovered yet another reason why this is a super-colossal lie.

With the end of fiscal year 2012, the Congressional Budget Office announced the 2012 federal budget deficit: $1.1 trillion. Taken purely at face value, this number is enormous. Yet every Democrat, and especially the Obama campaign, ought to be telling anyone who will listen: Not only has the president cut the deficit by $312 billion during his first term (so far), but he's cut the deficit by $200 billion in the past year alone. And the CBO projected that the 2013 Obama budget, if enacted as is, would shrink the deficit to $977 billion -- a four year total of nearly $500 billion in deficit reduction.
    The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Reagan ballooned the deficit

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 854 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 133 Times in 122 Posts

Didn't Romney just promist not to increase the defecit more than Obama had?
    I do not recall him promising to actually reduce the debt or balance the budget.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    You forget all the wasted money on the wars was not counted under Bush. The near financial collapse after 8 years of leadership and the necessary bailouts.

The Bush years took money that should have been used for social programs and literally burned it (bombs). Now we hear the same old nonsense about there not being money for ObamaCare and how it's too expensive to feed the hungry and shelter the homeless. I'm sure the Repubs deliberately squandered the money and ran up deficits so there wouldn't be any left for the needy but Obama called their bluff. He's putting social programs and "green" programs at the top of the list. It's time everyone benefitted from taxes and not just the war mongers.
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to apple0154 For This Post:

Bfgrn (11-06-2012)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bfgrn View Post
    Repeat After Me: Obama Cut the Deficit and Slowed Spending to Lowest Level in 50 Years

Illustrative of his contempt for the truth, Mitt Romney's campaign website continues to host the following statement: "Since President Obama assumed office three years ago, federal spending has accelerated at a pace without precedent in recent history."

With the end of fiscal year 2012, the Congressional Budget Office announced the 2012 federal budget deficit: $1.1 trillion. Taken purely at face value, this number is enormous. Yet every Democrat, and especially the Obama campaign, ought to be telling anyone who will listen: Not only has the president cut the deficit by $312 billion during his first term (so far), but he's cut the deficit by $200 billion in the past year alone. And the CBO projected that the 2013 Obama budget, if enacted as is, would shrink the deficit to $977 billion -- a four year total of nearly $500 billion in deficit reduction.
    LMAO... The deficit under Bush was about $500B in 2008, $1T in 2009 (part of which includes a portion of Obama's stimulus). That was in a crisis year. Obama has kept the deficit over $1T each subsequent year, despite there no longer being a crisis (according to Obama). To pretend he has cut anything is absurd. To take the extreme generated by the financial crisis and use that as a base is quite sad. But I know you Dems don't actually care. When Bush had a $500B deficit he was the evilz. Now, after four straight $1T+ deficits, Obama is still your messiah.

Bush was horrid fiscally. Obama is worse.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post
    You forget all the wasted money on the wars was not counted under Bush. The near financial collapse after 8 years of leadership and the necessary bailouts.

The Bush years took money that should have been used for social programs and literally burned it (bombs). Now we hear the same old nonsense about there not being money for ObamaCare and how it's too expensive to feed the hungry and shelter the homeless. I'm sure the Repubs deliberately squandered the money and ran up deficits so there wouldn't be any left for the needy but Obama called their bluff. He's putting social programs and "green" programs at the top of the list. It's time everyone benefitted from taxes and not just the war mongers.
    LOL... pure nonsense.
    Quote from Cypress:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.2 For This Post:

NOVA (11-06-2012)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 640 Times in 574 Posts
    Blog Entries

Actually it was the bleeding heart Liberal housing crisis that caused the biggest problem.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by patriot66 View Post
    Actually it was the bleeding heart Liberal housing crisis that caused the biggest problem.
    No, it was the way the mortgages were packaged. If the banks couldn't pass off the mortgages they wouldn't have had money to loan.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    LOL... pure nonsense.
    Take a closer look at what Obama is doing. Even if some companies do not make it it's better than using the money for bombs and military equipment.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

No, it was the way the mortgages were packaged. If the banks couldn't pass off the mortgages they wouldn't have had money to loan.
    The reason mortgages were packaged that way and sold off was so that mortgage lenders had more money available to lend to poor and minority groups. It's why Fannie and Freddie grew so big. A big push was made by Clinton and then continued by Bush.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bfgrn View Post

Although the federal deficit is the amount each year by which federal outlays in the federal budget exceed federal receipts, the gross federal debt increases each year by substantially more than the amount of the deficit each year. That is because a substantial amount of federal borrowing is not counted in the budget.
    See here.

Liars know how to spin the figures.....as with the unemployment numbers.
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Take a closer look at what Obama is doing. Even if some companies do not make it it's better than using the money for bombs and military equipment.
    Until someone else's bombs start to fall in your back yard.....then you'll cry, "but where is OUR military".....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

and the repeal of glass steagall was done under which President?
    Quote from Cypress:

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So you think the military isn't using bombs under Obama? Odd... you might want to trot on over to Afghanistan and Pakistan and let them know that it isn't us.
    Quote from Cypress: