Blog Entries

Default Cindy For Prez!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why protest at the office of the person who introduced the legislation that she wanted?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Why protest at the office of the person who introduced the legislation that she wanted?
    Time to take it a step further and go for impeachment. I'm with her. Someone needs to step up to the plate.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    Time to take it a step further and go for impeachment. I'm with her. Someone needs to step up to the plate.
    Once again, why bother the guy that clearly wants the same thing? Go to Pelosi's office and stage it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with her that Pelosi should never have said it was "off the table". But they don't have the votes for it, and she needs to calm her ass down. The only thing she is going to accomplish is decimating the damned democratic party, and then we can look forward to what? Rudy? War in Iran? No health care.

No thanks. I've developed a bit of a problem with Cindy, and it's causing a split in the peace movement. Even within my own group in nyc, because I have listened to about enough pontificating bullshit, and have been shooting back some pretty steamy emails, and I don't mean the kind of steamy ones I send to Damo when I'm trying to steal him back from you.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OH fur shur.
    PRE-EMINENT BUSH BASHER and proud of it (no appologies)

An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throweth mud, losith ground"

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Poor Cindy, if she gets any worse she will be turning republican...
    I really feel sorry for her.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,710 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I thought Cindy said she was going home to california and retiring from the peace movement.

Where's Superfreak when you need him? He would call her out on this lie:

"Democrats are liars and can't be trusted...they PROMISED to wait until September, to hear from General Patreaus, before talking about Iraq again!" -- Superfreak, June 2007

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I thought Cindy said she was going home to california and retiring from the peace movement.

Where's Superfreak when you need him? He would call her out on this lie:

"Democrats are liars and can't be trusted...they PROMISED to wait until September, to hear from General Patreaus, before talking about Iraq again!" -- Superfreak, June 2007
    LOL

I wish SF would come back, I miss him, he's so excitable.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    I agree with her that Pelosi should never have said it was "off the table". But they don't have the votes for it, and she needs to calm her ass down. The only thing she is going to accomplish is decimating the damned democratic party, and then we can look forward to what? Rudy? War in Iran? No health care.
    I think the dems are doing that already. Extreme leftists/liberals like myself want action against Bush & Co. and to pull out of Iraq immediately. Unless I hear those words, I'm not going to be pleased overall. I have to say, she appeals to me.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

have been shooting back some pretty steamy emails, and I don't mean the kind of steamy ones I send to Damo when I'm trying to steal him back from you.
    LOL. I think I'm in love.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    I think the dems are doing that already. Extreme leftists/liberals like myself want action against Bush & Co. and to pull out of Iraq immediately. Unless I hear those words, I'm not going to be pleased overall. I have to say, she appeals to me.
    But if they don't have the votes, there is no getting around that. And haunting them is stupid, because the pay off comes from, haunting republicans till they flip their votes. That is where they smart money plays. Why haunt Conners? He votes to pull out, and it's vetoed by this president, and his republican whores go along and say yes master and vote for him. But they are turning, one by one. The ones who are up for reelection in 08, especially in any kind of borderline even slightly moderate states, they can be gotten to.

That could actually accomplish something.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    LOL. I think I'm in love.
    Hi Damo!

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,710 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

No thanks. I've developed a bit of a problem with Cindy, and it's causing a split in the peace movement. Even within my own group in nyc, because I have listened to about enough pontificating bullshit, and have been shooting back some pretty steamy emails, and I don't mean the kind of steamy ones I send to Damo when I'm trying to steal him back from you.

I agree with her that Pelosi should never have said it was "off the table". But they don't have the votes for it, and she needs to calm her ass down

You're savy about politics Darla.

You know when Pelosi said "its off the table", it literally means that its "off the table....for now". Otherwise, she would have said that they'll NEVER impeach bush. Its clever political theater. They were going for a win in 2006 based on iraq and corruption. Impeachment blather would have distracted from that.

Its never "off the table". It'll be back on the table if the ongoing investigations can uncover a smoking gun, that will enable majority support for impeachment.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I agree with her that Pelosi should never have said it was "off the table". But they don't have the votes for it, and she needs to calm her ass down

You're savy about politics Darla.

You know when Pelosi said "its off the table", it literally means that its "off the table....for now". Otherwise, she would have said that they'll NEVER impeach bush. Its clever political theater. They were going for a win in 2006 based on iraq and corruption. Impeachment blather would have distracted from that.

Its never "off the table". It'll be back on the table if the ongoing investigations can uncover a smoking gun, the will enable majority support for impeachment.
    I still wish she hadn't said it. But, I do not agree with Cindy running against her. Pelosi is not the problem. If it had been up to Nancy Pelosi, we wouldn't be in Iraq in the first place, I wish people like cindy would remember that. Her son would still be alive, if it had been up to Nancy Pelosi.