Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red vs Blue States

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Default Red vs Blue States

Perhaps it's time to step back and take a look at the individuals who vote. We frequently hear condemnation of one party or the other forgetting that people, individual decent human beings, make up and vote for these parties so the question is, "Who are those individuals?" Are they "bad" people or just misguided? Following is an example specifically directed to the Democrats why they should consider individuals who live in Red voting states. North Dakota has voted Repub in the last four Federal Elections so let's take a look at the average North Dakotian.

"May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post
    Perhaps it's time to step back and take a look at the individuals who vote. We frequently hear condemnation of one party or the other forgetting that people, individual decent human beings, make up and vote for these parties so the question is, "Who are those individuals?" Are they "bad" people or just misguided? Following is an example specifically directed to the Democrats why they should consider individuals who live in Red voting states. North Dakota has voted Repub in the last four Federal Elections so let's take a look at the average North Dakotian.

obviously a Canadian tourist.....

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    obviously a Canadian tourist.....
    The lady in question was born and bred in North Dakota, a state that has voted Repub the last four Federal Elections. In the following video she explained she grew up in a small Dakota town and currently works as a receptionist at a clinic in Fargo. As she states, "Honestly, I had no clue these signs were for us." and this brings us back to what I have been saying which is Repubs tend to not think things through.

An educated, employed, well-spoken lady not realizing her thinking was skewed. Or, more to the point, not thinking, and therein lies the problem. The same that can be said concerning your "tourist" remark as a person who has lived their entire life in one place is not a tourist in that place anymore than the deer crossing sign was placed there to direct deers.

You replied to a post dealing with contorted thinking with erring thinking of your own. Very much similar to Republican thinking concerning ObamaCare. Skewed thinking that ObamaCare is going to be unaffordable followed by people thinking that healing the sick will bankrupt the country and it's better to let people die to the tune of 45,000 yearly. I suppose ones twisted thinking could result in them concluding the prevention of 45,000 deaths yearly could have an impact on jobs pertaining to undertakers and funeral directors and assorted others concerned with the death industry.

As is painfully evident the lady in the video is not a rare exception.

Thank-you for your post.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to apple0154 For This Post:

Rune (10-23-2012)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

and this brings us back to what I have been saying which is Repubs tend to not think things through.
    but that would make you a Republican....because you missed the obvious truth that even states that predictably vote Republican need their ignorant minority Democrat bimbos.......

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

and this brings us back to what I have been saying which is Repubs tend to not think things through.
    really? sort of like how libs didn't think things through by making gun free zones assuming nobody with criminal intent would abide by not bringing a gun in to the zone?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 885 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 90 Times in 86 Posts

Funny!
    Man knows no master save creating heaven,
    or those whom choice and common good ordain.

Demacrat--Republican---------------------Center-------------------------------------------Libartarian
    Marxist, and little freedom--------------------------------------------------Anti-Marxist-Much Liberty

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. . . One is by
    sword. . . The other is by debt.

John Adams 1826

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 885 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 90 Times in 86 Posts

We need a lot of Republican-Democrat voter crossing signs. Now that's something I may not have a problem with paying taxes on.
    Man knows no master save creating heaven,
    or those whom choice and common good ordain.

Demacrat--Republican---------------------Center-------------------------------------------Libartarian
    Marxist, and little freedom--------------------------------------------------Anti-Marxist-Much Liberty

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. . . One is by
    sword. . . The other is by debt.

John Adams 1826

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Holy prole... 'i just don't know why Minnesota and North Dakota would allow these deer crossings in such high traffic areas'... seriously? It saddens me that there are this many stupid people in the world.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

The lady in question was born and bred in North Dakota, a state that has voted Repub the last four Federal Elections. In the following video she explained she grew up in a small Dakota town and currently works as a receptionist at a clinic in Fargo. As she states, "Honestly, I had no clue these signs were for us." and this brings us back to what I have been saying which is Repubs tend to not think things through.
    Just curious... do you think everyone in a blue state votes Dem and everyone in a red state votes Rep?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 75 Times in 61 Posts

I think some of our Red State friend are still trying to figure this out.

Just move the sign, right...

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    really? sort of like how libs didn't think things through by making gun free zones assuming nobody with criminal intent would abide by not bringing a gun in to the zone?
    More like preventing atrocities committed by responsible, law-abiding citizens who suddenly snap. Compare the number of mass shootings by known criminals to those committed by "he was just a quiet guy who kept to himself" type individuals.

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Just curious... do you think everyone in a blue state votes Dem and everyone in a red state votes Rep?
    Not everyone but it's reasonable to conclude a person is more likely to vote a certain way depending on where they live especially when a state has voted a certain way for the last four elections.

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

More like preventing atrocities committed by responsible, law-abiding citizens who suddenly snap. Compare the number of mass shootings by known criminals to those committed by "he was just a quiet guy who kept to himself" type individuals.
    so you're saying that it's way more important to prevent atrocities committed by responsible, law-abiding citizens who MIGHT snap, than it is to worry about people intent on killing as many people as possible because nobody else would have a gun?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.