Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swing States poll: Women push Romney into lead

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

Thumbs up Swing States poll: Women push Romney into lead

3:20PM EDT October 15. 2012 - WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney leads President Obama by five percentage points among likely voters in the nation's top battlegrounds, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, and he has growing enthusiasm among women to thank.

As the presidential campaign heads into its final weeks, the survey of voters in 12 crucial swing states finds female voters much more engaged in the election and increasingly concerned about the deficit and debt issues that favor Romney. The Republican nominee now ties the president among women who are likely voters, 48%-48%, while he leads by 12 points among men.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...obama/1634791/

Things aren't looking so hot for Obama. Better get used to saying "President Romney."
    "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power." -O'Brien, Nineteen Eighty-Four

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

but but but... the Reps have a war on women... the Reps have a war on women... blah blah blah
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Generic "swing state" polls are useless.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 75 Times in 61 Posts

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    but but but... the Reps have a war on women... the Reps have a war on women... blah blah blah
    No accounting for stupidity...old women in Florida don't worry about abortion or contraceptives. There have always been those women that vote against their own best interest, even the suffragettes were faced with women who believed women should not have the vote. No accounting for stupidity.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Buck Turgidson View Post
    Generic "swing state" polls are useless.
    Yes, polling the swing states is indeed silly. We should just poll MA and CA and call it a day.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Like Like View Post
    The Dems have a war on your wallet.
    Republicans have a war on intelligence and education.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Nice shot of Obama and his family booted out into the cold. On the outside, looking in.
    Quote from Cypress:

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    No accounting for stupidity...old women in Florida don't worry about abortion or contraceptives. There have always been those women that vote against their own best interest, even the suffragettes were faced with women who believed women should not have the vote. No accounting for stupidity.
    My mom has an MBA and if she so desired could be running any number of companies right now. Very smart woman. She voted for Obama in '08 and will be voting for Romney in '12. Said she doesn't agree with the Republicans on all social issues but the economy is the number one thing and she doesn't believe Obama has done a good job. Now she is obviously just one person (in California nonetheless) but my guess is there are others like her out there.

You may think her stupid and that's your right but most who know her wouldn't.

(And yes because I brought my mother up I am fair game for all mother jokes)

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans have a war on intelligence and education.
    Which is why they try to reform our inept public education system and the Dems fight progress every step of the way?
    Quote from Cypress:

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is why the left fails... you pretend that they are 'voting against their best interests'... in reality what you are saying is that they are 'not voting the way I want them to, so I am going to try and demean them'
    Quote from Cypress:

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Yes, polling the swing states is indeed silly. We should just poll MA and CA and call it a day.

Polling the swing states individually (a poll of Ohio, a poll of Florida, a poll of Virginia, etc . . ) is great. Polling the swing states collectively as a single entity ("The Swing States") is nonsense.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    My mom has an MBA and if she so desired could be running any number of companies right now. Very smart woman. She voted for Obama in '08 and will be voting for Romney in '12. Said she doesn't agree with the Republicans on all social issues but the economy is the number one thing and she doesn't believe Obama has done a good job. Now she is obviously just one person (in California nonetheless) but my guess is there are others like her out there.

You may think her stupid and that's your right but most who know her wouldn't.

(And yes because I brought my mother up I am fair game for all mother jokes)
    My guess is your mom can afford to by her own birth control. Not everyone can afford that $10 a month.

The real tragedy is that your mom forgot the birth control about 41 years ago.
    Quote from Cypress:

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Buck Turgidson View Post
    Polling the swing states individually (a poll of Ohio, a poll of Florida, a poll of Virginia, etc . . ) is great. Polling the swing states collectively as a single entity ("The Swing States") is nonsense.
    Because you say so???
    Quote from Cypress: