Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: What country has the highest number of Nobel prizewinners per capita?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    95,596
    Thanks
    48,555
    Thanked 29,544 Times in 22,597 Posts
    Groans
    39,592
    Groaned 4,285 Times in 4,085 Posts
    Blog Entries
    53

    Default What country has the highest number of Nobel prizewinners per capita?

    Answer tomorrow!!

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    47,970
    Thanks
    4,579
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    3,368
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

    Default

    iran?



    do not deny!

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Detroit, AKA HEAVEN
    Posts
    31,081
    Thanks
    11,762
    Thanked 10,732 Times in 7,240 Posts
    Groans
    642
    Groaned 783 Times in 730 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Is this going be like your argument that GB won the Olympics despite being 40 medals fewer then us?
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    79,481
    Thanks
    1,990
    Thanked 11,607 Times in 7,588 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 457 Times in 425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arab Spring View Post
    Is this going be like your argument that GB won the Olympics despite being 40 medals fewer then us?
    It isn't what you expect...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    95,596
    Thanks
    48,555
    Thanked 29,544 Times in 22,597 Posts
    Groans
    39,592
    Groaned 4,285 Times in 4,085 Posts
    Blog Entries
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arab Spring View Post
    Is this going be like your argument that GB won the Olympics despite being 40 medals fewer then us?
    I stated a fact, GB won far more medals on a per capita basis than any other country.
    Last edited by Primavera; 10-10-2012 at 02:58 AM.

  6. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    95,596
    Thanks
    48,555
    Thanked 29,544 Times in 22,597 Posts
    Groans
    39,592
    Groaned 4,285 Times in 4,085 Posts
    Blog Entries
    53

    Default


    Considering only nations whose citizens collected Nobel Prizes on a regular basis, the ranking is led by Switzerland, with roughly 3 Nobel Prizes per million capita (NPpmc), followed by Sweden (nearly 2 NPpmc), Denmark (nearly 1.5 NPpmc), Austria (over 1 NPpmc), and the UK (about 1 NPpmc).

    Ignoring statistical outliers St. Lucia and Iceland, each with 1.0 prizes for one single laureate, according to the Nobel Foundation.

  7. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    internet
    Posts
    39,189
    Thanks
    7,082
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    1,025
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aoxomoxoa View Post
    I stated a fact, GB won far more medals on a per capita basis than any other country.
    america won more medals based on how many grinds they had in their country.

    america also won more medals on the basis of good president dance moves



    why would per capita matter at all? for all you know maybe you won all the huge pussified events like expert ribbon waving or something. it doesn't really say anything in of itself.

    you get another tom award



    ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grindís got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

  8. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    internet
    Posts
    39,189
    Thanks
    7,082
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    1,025
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    the nobel prize for literature is culturally biased

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_P...ture#Criticism


    ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grindís got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

    Gin Sakť (10-10-2012)

  10. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    95,596
    Thanks
    48,555
    Thanked 29,544 Times in 22,597 Posts
    Groans
    39,592
    Groaned 4,285 Times in 4,085 Posts
    Blog Entries
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRIND View Post

    why would per capita matter at all? for all you know maybe you won all the huge pussified events like expert ribbon waving or something. it doesn't really say anything in of itself.

    you get another tom award
    Just stating facts, here is a complete list of gold medals won. If bragging was an Olympic sport then your country would win hands down.

    http://www.metro.co.uk/olympics/9077...n-2012-winners

  11. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    95,596
    Thanks
    48,555
    Thanked 29,544 Times in 22,597 Posts
    Groans
    39,592
    Groaned 4,285 Times in 4,085 Posts
    Blog Entries
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRIND View Post
    the nobel prize for literature is culturally biased

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_P...ture#Criticism
    Giving the French paedophile Satre the Nobel prize was a travesty, fortunately the stunted one chose to reject it.

  12. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    47,970
    Thanks
    4,579
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    3,368
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

    Default

    obama to ellen:

    see, white people can dance

  13. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    61,320
    Thanks
    7,144
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    5,805
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRIND View Post
    why would per capita matter at all?
    Obviously, if you have more people, you can usually expect to have more geniuses just by dumb luck. Having more geniuses per a person is more likely to indicate something special about your society. If you ignore per capita, you are instead largely measuring the ability of society to spit out babies, throwing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

  14. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    79,481
    Thanks
    1,990
    Thanked 11,607 Times in 7,588 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 457 Times in 425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Obama has won more medals that he didn't earn than any President in modern history, per capita.

    I love how the list has European nations separate, then also lists the EU...

    The first on the list is actually the Faroe Islands. I'd say that Saint Lucia would be able to say they "regularly" won them as 2 is pretty good for such a small nation and they would be second on the "per capita" list...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tes_per_capita
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  15. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    61,320
    Thanks
    7,144
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    5,805
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aoxomoxoa View Post
    Giving the French paedophile Satre the Nobel prize was a travesty, fortunately the stunted one chose to reject it.
    ...Sartre was not a pedophile. If you do a Google search, there's not even a reference for whatever you've said. I find it very doubtful that you've ever read anything by him, so I don't know where you get off thinking you have a right to an opinion on the subject.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

  16. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    79,481
    Thanks
    1,990
    Thanked 11,607 Times in 7,588 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 457 Times in 425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    He was an addict though, as his horrible writing makes clear.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

Similar Threads

  1. Hypocrites Of The Highest Order
    By Alias in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 09:54 PM
  2. Mohammed in the Highest
    By Canceled1 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 12:26 AM
  3. Dissent is highest form of racism.
    By AssHatZombie in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 11:11 AM
  4. HANG 'EM FROM THE HIGHEST TREE!!!
    By FUCK THE POLICE in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 09:00 PM
  5. KY umpemloyment is highest since 83
    By uscitizen in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 10:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •