Thread: Polls show Romney making headway in swing states

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

Default Polls show Romney making headway in swing states

A set of new swing-state polls show Mitt Romney making big gains in three critical battleground states just two days after the Republican nominee's widely-heralded debate performance.

The polls — from conservative-leaning Rasmussen and We Ask America — showed Romney closing the gap or leading in Ohio, Florida and Virginia, three states the GOP candidate would likely need to capture to win the White House. And they represent a dramatic reversal from last week, where polls showed President Obama with a commanding lead.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...g-state-charge

Poor liberals.
    "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power." -O'Brien, Nineteen Eighty-Four

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

No comment at all? Huh. Less than a week ago, Mott and other libs were claiming Romney was finished, Obama's got it in the bag, the fat lady is getting ready to croon, etc. Where are they now?
    "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power." -O'Brien, Nineteen Eighty-Four

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    The polls — from conservative-leaning Rasmussen and We Ask America
    I realize this is a quote from the article, but I am curious what your opinion is of WAA.....I know that there are a lot of pollsters that carry party water, one way or another....Rassmussen and PPP/Quinipiac for example.......but it seems to me there are a couple like We Ask America and Purple Strategies that tend to fall in the middle of the spectrum.....I tend to take their polls with more weight than others......what do the rest of you think.....

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

I still want to see the breakdown and internals of the poll. I posted an interesting article on absentee ballots and early voting from Ohio that paints an ominous sign for OWEblahblah. Typically the demalquedacrats hold a substantial lead in that area which is why they like it so much. That way they can see how many votes they need on election day to cheat. Whenever a republican can win by over 52% it always makes it harder for the dems to cheat.

Anyway, in 2008 dems had a 20% lead in absentee/early voting and this year the GOP closed it to 5%. That is devastating news for the left. The prediction in the article was that if this holds up Romney would win 53% to 48%. But, there is nothing scientific about it. Just an interesting observation.

That is more telling than any polls. Still along way to go in this election. Look for the regime to go nuclear, particularly if Plugs Biden shits the bed against Ryan. I read that 70 million people watched teh debate the other night. Considering very few watched the convention, all that work the regime did to foster perceptions may have been for nothing.

We shall see. For now it would appear my vote for Calvin Coolidge is safe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

Rationalist (10-06-2012)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

I still want to see the breakdown and internals of the poll. I posted an interesting article on absentee ballots and early voting from Ohio that paints an ominous sign for OWEblahblah. Typically the demalquedacrats hold a substantial lead in that area which is why they like it so much. That way they can see how many votes they need on election day to cheat. Whenever a republican can win by over 52% it always makes it harder for the dems to cheat.

Anyway, in 2008 dems had a 20% lead in absentee/early voting and this year the GOP closed it to 5%. That is devastating news for the left. The prediction in the article was that if this holds up Romney would win 53% to 48%. But, there is nothing scientific about it. Just an interesting observation.

That is more telling than any polls. Still along way to go in this election. Look for the regime to go nuclear, particularly if Plugs Biden shits the bed against Ryan. I read that 70 million people watched teh debate the other night. Considering very few watched the convention, all that work the regime did to foster perceptions may have been for nothing.

We shall see. For now it would appear my vote for Calvin Coolidge is safe