Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Neanderthals! Guess Who's Got a New TV Show?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 284 Times in 257 Posts

Thumbs down Hey Neanderthals! Guess Who's Got a New TV Show?

WTF, Discovery Channel? Ted Nugent? Really?

That video is from Ted Nugent's 2011 appearance on Piers Morgan's show. He very specifically says that President Obama can suck the barrel of his gun on that particular appearance. With a bit of a smirk and self-important shrug, Nugent also declares himself the next Sam Kinison.

There are many more notable Ted Nugent moments. The one in May of this year where he raged against the commies in this administration, the one in July where he expressed his wish that the South had won the Civil War, and the one in 2007 where he called HIllary Clinton a worthless bitch, which echoes the sentiment he speaks above are but just a few examples of his hateful, ugly, threatening right wing speech.

He's got a right to say those things, but I do not understand why the Discovery Channel would glorify such a foul-mouthed, self-aggrandizing piece of excrement. And yet, they are, according to Media Matters. From the press release:

In Discovery Channel's all-new one-hour special TED NUGENT'S GUN COUNTRY, premiering October 10th at 10PM E/P, viewers will get an inside look at American gun culture through the eyes of staunch second amendment defender Ted Nugent.

Meet Nugent's family and visit his sprawling Spirit Wild ranch just outside Waco, Texas, home to many species of big game that freely roam the meadows and pastures. An avid hunter and conservationist at heart, Ted has his eye on the herd of scimitar-horned oryx that have bred far faster than he anticipated. Knowing the land can't support the booming population, he plans to thin out the herd - and that sends him on a mission. He needs the right firearm and right ammo to get the job done. For that, it's a trip to top-grade firearms maker LaRue Tactical.

Nugent gets his hands on their new OBR PrediTAR .308 rifle and gets a lesson on the finer points of the weapon from renowned military sniper trainer Todd Hodnet. Ted's highpoint of the day: a 1,000 yard target that, when he hits it, causes a massive explosion that even he didn't expect.

On hunt day, Ted and his son Rocco set out at dawn to track their elusive prey and put his new weapon to use. Hours pass without any sign of the crafty antelope. But the father-son duo comes up with a plan and eventually their patience pays off. A firm believer that no animal goes to waste, Ted prepares a festive meal at the ranch that includes guests from Wounded Warriors - his way of giving back to those who fought on behalf of the country he loves so much.

Someone's going have to explain to me how "thinning the herd" involves a gun that explodes targets 1000 yards away. But even more, someone needs to explain to me why an "I love mah gun" special featuring Ted Nugent blowing away targets with his son and hanging out with Sean Hannity's charity is something worth broadcasting at all, much less on the Discovery Channel.

My kids are old enough to not even watch TV anymore. If it's not on YouTube, they don't see it. But for those of you who might actually think the Discovery Channel has content worth watching, you might want to think again, and keep the kiddies busy doing something else.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I always laugh when Nugent is described as a 'hunter' and a 'conservationist'.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 102 Times in 92 Posts

It's so bizarre!! Whodathunk it...the librul media giving Nugent a show! LMAO....and on the Discovery channel. I used to think that was a channel I could watch...like so many it's nothing but 'reality' shows. If that's reality what is fantasy?!
    Stupid, paranoid, and armed is a bad combination.

Christianity: Sending telepathic messages to a Jewish ghost letting him know that you will accept him as your master and ask him to remove a magical curse that was passed down to you because an old woman that was made from the rib of her partner ate a piece of magical fruit from a magical tree because a talking snake told her to.

Ask me again why I'm an atheist?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Haiku For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-02-2012)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
    It's so bizarre!! Whodathunk it...the librul media giving Nugent a show! LMAO....and on the Discovery channel. I used to think that was a channel I could watch...like so many it's nothing but 'reality' shows. If that's reality what is fantasy?!
    Remember, though - Discovery Channel also showcased Palin's flop, 'Sarah Palin's Alaska'.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Pathetic isn't it...must be a tax write off.

Christianity: Sending telepathic messages to a Jewish ghost letting him know that you will accept him as your master and ask him to remove a magical curse that was passed down to you because an old woman that was made from the rib of her partner ate a piece of magical fruit from a magical tree because a talking snake told her to.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

let the fools be seen for what they are.

Its a great plan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-02-2012)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is that.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Ehh...people must like to watch old rockers. Some like to watch Ozzie and some of us like to watch Ted. I will say that I like his hunting shows because he talks about butchering, processing and eating the game he shoots...which is the bottom line of why I hunt.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (10-02-2012)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Ehh...people must like to watch old rockers. Some like to watch Ozzie and some of us like to watch Ted. I will say that I like his hunting shows because he talks about butchering, processing and eating the game he shoots...which is the bottom line of why I hunt.
    Hunters hunt because hunters like killing animals. End of story.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

its called "at least Im not as stupid as that guy" TV.

people watch completely insane idiots on TV ( honey boo boo and the like) so they can point at the TV and say "at least I dont suck as bad as those people".

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

Haiku (10-02-2012), Phantasmal (10-02-2012), The Dude (10-03-2012)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    its called "at least Im not as stupid as that guy" TV.

people watch completely insane idiots on TV ( honey boo boo and the like) so they can point at the TV and say "at least I dont suck as bad as those people".
    You nailed it again! That is so true. It's what makes Jerry Springer's show a hit. People feel better about their own dsyfunction by watching other peoples' trainwreck dramas.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. Probably not too surprising that a group of liberal women aren't into a hunting show hotsted by a right-wing male. With cable today you can find all different kind of shows for all different kind of tastes.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wow...

I've never been interested.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. Probably not too surprising that a group of liberal women aren't into a hunting show hotsted by a right-wing male. With cable today you can find all different kind of shows for all different kind of tastes.
    Ted Nugent is not just a 'right-wing male'. He's a violence-inciting alpha-male-wannabe who gets off on killing animals and bashing women. He's scum. The perfect hero for the right-wing.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bijou View Post
    You nailed it again! That is so true. It's what makes Jerry Springer's show a hit. People feel better about their own dsyfunction by watching other peoples' trainwreck dramas.

Life has enough fake assed drama in it naturally.

I just dont get why people seek out more fake assed nutter drama by turning that shit on.

I just cant stand drama seekers in real life.

I avoid those types of people like the plauge

20. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Haiku (10-02-2012)