Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catholics Moving Toward Obama

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 102 Times in 92 Posts

Default Catholics Moving Toward Obama

Andrew Sullivan...

On June 17, Obama held a slight edge over Mitt Romney among Catholics (49 percent to 47 percent), according to the Pew Research Center. Since then, Obama has surged ahead, and now leads 54 percent to 39 percent, according to a Pew poll conducted Sept. 16. Among all registered voters, Obama leads Romney 51 percent to 42 percent, according to Pew. Obama and Romney are essentially tied among white Catholics, which some pollsters call the ultimate swing group.

But Obama's current even status among white Catholics now is an improvement over 2008, when McCain beat Obama among white Catholics by 52 - 47. Obama's total Catholic vote against McCain was where he is now: 54 percent. But Romney has only 39 percent compared with McCain's 45.

A small word of thanks to Cardinal Dolan, Robert George and K-Lo for helping shift the Catholic vote massively toward Obama with their summer campaign for religious liberty. And special thanks to Paul Ryan. No actual Catholic could ever find anything but puerile cruelty in the works of Ayn Rand, or rally to the idea that home-care for the elderly should be sacrificed to reduce tax rates for the super-rich. Paul Ryan believes that the basic principles of Rand can be compatible with Catholicism. American Catholics are just not that dumb or confused about their faith.

You know the Republicans were hoping to drive a wedge between the Obama administration and the Catholics over the Affordable Care Act's mandate that employers must provide free contraception to their employees. But that did not work out as well as they had hoped.

Personally I have always felt that the distrust which a substantial number of Catholics feel toward the Mormon faith, many still see it as a crazy cult (Which of course it is.), would dissuade a large number of practicing Catholics from voting for Mitt Romney despite their frustration with President Obama.

However I am coming to believe that the REAL reason that so many are turning against Romney has little to do with his faith, and everything to do with the fact that he, and of course his running mate Paul "I love Ayn Rand" Ryan, are douchenozzles.

That's a political term, right?
    I think he's on to something there....
    Stupid, paranoid, and armed is a bad combination.

Christianity: Sending telepathic messages to a Jewish ghost letting him know that you will accept him as your master and ask him to remove a magical curse that was passed down to you because an old woman that was made from the rib of her partner ate a piece of magical fruit from a magical tree because a talking snake told her to.

Ask me again why I'm an atheist?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Douchenozzle, has a nice ing to it! Better than pinhead.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Again, Rand is misused and abused by these fascists the same as their claims of faith. They care about power and money, just like Obama and his friends.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

What you post is an example of how Democrats will enthusiastically embrace some of the strongest opponents to a woman's right to choose and trash a strong proponent of individal rights and choice for the sake of power.
    Last edited by Timshel; 10-01-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperstringTheory View Post
    What you post is an example of how Democrats will enthusiastically embrace some of the strongest opponents to a woman's right to choose and trash a strong proponent of individal rights and choice for the sake of power.
    I'm not enthusiastically endorsing the OP I'm simply reporting it and agreeing with his choice of words. Don't misconstrue my post in a way that seems to support your views or do, whatever. Your first response makes sense this one is axe grinding.

Christianity: Sending telepathic messages to a Jewish ghost letting him know that you will accept him as your master and ask him to remove a magical curse that was passed down to you because an old woman that was made from the rib of her partner ate a piece of magical fruit from a magical tree because a talking snake told her to.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Wow so Catholics just got amnesia over OWEbamas trampling of religious liberty. Good for them

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 75 Times in 61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FactsRStubborn View Post
    Wow so Catholics just got amnesia over OWEbamas trampling of religious liberty. Good for them
    Never happened.

Still have my liberty to use birth control or not.

Too bad, you're wrong, and you suck...

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Like Like View Post
    Catholics are retarded. They have always been allied with the Democratic Party, even while the Party has aways been openly anti-Catholic. We have destroyed this country through our support of the Dems, from the 1790s onward...
    You pulled this out of your ass. Show something to back it up.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Never happened.

Still have my liberty to use birth control or not.

Too bad, you're wrong, and you suck...
    Their remarks are just like Palin...it's the same tired phrases repeated ad infinitum...yawn.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 885 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 90 Times in 86 Posts

McCain voters will vote for Romney.

While Obama's losing 2008 voters.
    Man knows no master save creating heaven,
    or those whom choice and common good ordain.

Demacrat--Republican---------------------Center-------------------------------------------Libartarian
    Marxist, and little freedom--------------------------------------------------Anti-Marxist-Much Liberty

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. . . One is by
    sword. . . The other is by debt.

John Adams 1826

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    McCain voters will vote for Romney.

While Obama's losing 2008 voters.
    A few, but the Dems are running a very effective "get out the vote" campaign and the Repubs have abounded theirs because of the scandal.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Like Like View Post
    Catholics are retarded. They have always been allied with the Democratic Party, even while the Party has aways been openly anti-Catholic. We have destroyed this country through our support of the Dems, from the 1790s onward...
    The party nominated and elected the first Catholic, so I disagree with your premise!

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 885 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 90 Times in 86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    A few, but the Dems are running a very effective "get out the vote" campaign and the Repubs have abounded theirs because of the scandal.
    We'll see.

I really think Obama's losing more voters than you're led to believe.
    Man knows no master save creating heaven,
    or those whom choice and common good ordain.

Demacrat--Republican---------------------Center-------------------------------------------Libartarian
    Marxist, and little freedom--------------------------------------------------Anti-Marxist-Much Liberty

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. . . One is by
    sword. . . The other is by debt.

John Adams 1826

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You think the polls showing Obama ahead have been rigged by the 'liberal media'...