Thread: The Big 10?? WTH?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 86 Times in 85 Posts

Default The Big 10?? WTH?

After 4 weeks of play, the Big 10 is sinking faster and faster.

The teams with the best records are Ohio State (can't play in bowls), Northwestern, and Minnesota.

Northwestern & Minnesota are the best teams in the Big 10? They are the only ones who are undefeated besides OSU.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post

The teams with the best records are Ohio State (can't play in bowls), Northwestern, and Minnesota.

Northwestern & Minnesota are the best teams in the Big 10? They are the only ones who are undefeated besides OSU.
    No, they are not.

Can't help but notice that Arkansas (who was supposedly #8 in the country) lost to Louisiana Monroe, who then took Auburn to the wire. The same Auburn team LSU could barely beat. LSU was supposedly number 2 in the country and after that embarrassing win... remain number 3. Talk about over rated.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    No, they are not.

Can't help but notice that Arkansas (who was supposedly #8 in the country) lost to Louisiana Monroe, who then took Auburn to the wire. The same Auburn team LSU could barely beat. LSU was supposedly number 2 in the country and after that embarrassing win... remain number 3. Talk about over rated.
    Who in the Big 10 is a top 10 team? Yeah, Arkansas folded, and LSU had trouble with Auburn. Hell, Ohio State had trouble in the first half with UAB. But the SEC still have Bama, GA, and South Carolina looking tough. And if the Gators keep improving they might surprise some folks.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Who in the Big 10 is a top 10 team? Yeah, Arkansas folded, and LSU had trouble with Auburn. Hell, Ohio State had trouble in the first half with UAB. But the SEC still have Bama, GA, and South Carolina looking tough. And if the Gators keep improving they might surprise some folks.
    Face it, the SEC has Bama. That is it.

GA and South Carolina, like LSU are vastly over rated this year.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

They haven't played anyone either. The Big 10 is big time weak this year. OSU looks like they might be the best team and their only a top 20 team at best. If even that.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Face it, the SEC has Bama. That is it.

GA and South Carolina, like LSU are vastly over rated this year.
    SC looks like it could be pretty good. Their defense is solid, they have a good RB, and their QB is playing well even under pressure.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    They haven't played anyone either. The Big 10 is big time weak this year. OSU looks like they might be the best team and their only a top 20 team at best. If even that.
    Nebraska will be the Big 10 champ this year. OSU is going down to Mich St this weekend.
    Quote from Cypress:

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

SC looks like it could be pretty good. Their defense is solid, they have a good RB, and their QB is playing well even under pressure.
    I agree on their defense... though other than Misery, they haven't really played anyone and Misery's QB has been struggling... A LOT.

That said... I think they are a top 25 team, but a top 10??? Putting them and GA up there when their toughest opponent has been Misery (who again is playing weak right now) is a bit of a stretch. The only reason they are top ten is because of their conference initials.
    Quote from Cypress:

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Nebraska will be the Big 10 champ this year. OSU is going down to Mich St this weekend.
    Wrong on both counts. The Bucks put the the beat down on them Corn Holers!!
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!