Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tests only identify Zimmerman's DNA on handgun

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Default Tests only identify Zimmerman's DNA on handgun

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Forensic tests made public Wednesday show that George Zimmerman's was the only DNA that could be identified on the grip of the gun used to fatally shoot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. The results rule out Martin's DNA from being on the gun's grip. Zimmerman's DNA also was identified on the gun's holster, but no determination could be made as to whether Martin's DNA was on the gun's holster, according to the report from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for fatally shooting Martin during a confrontation in a gated community in Sanford in February.
    Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense. A delay in Zimmerman's arrest led to nationwide protests.

The question of whose DNA is on the gun and holster could play a role in Zimmerman's defense. Zimmerman says Martin had been on top of him, slamming his head against the ground and smothering his mouth and nose with his hand and arm when he grabbed his gun from a holster on his waist waist before Martin could get it. He shot the teenager once in the chest.

___
    Associated Press writers Kyle Hightower in Orlando and Terry Spencer in Miami contributed to this report.

http://news.yahoo.com/tests-only-ide...145033119.html

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

blackascoal (09-19-2012), Phantasmal (09-19-2012), signalmankenneth (09-19-2012)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

There goes a critical piece in Zimmerman's make-believe story.

If Martin did not grab his gun, then Zimmerman murdered him in cold blood.

Additonally, Zimmerman's injuries are also in question.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-19-2012), signalmankenneth (09-19-2012)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post

Yep, that was a big talking point for Zimmerman supporters, that Martin reached for the gun.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-19-2012)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Forensic tests made public Wednesday show that George Zimmerman's was the only DNA that could be identified on the grip of the gun used to fatally shoot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. The results rule out Martin's DNA from being on the gun's grip. Zimmerman's DNA also was identified on the gun's holster, but no determination could be made as to whether Martin's DNA was on the gun's holster, according to the report from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for fatally shooting Martin during a confrontation in a gated community in Sanford in February.
    Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense. A delay in Zimmerman's arrest led to nationwide protests.

The question of whose DNA is on the gun and holster could play a role in Zimmerman's defense. Zimmerman says Martin had been on top of him, slamming his head against the ground and smothering his mouth and nose with his hand and arm when he grabbed his gun from a holster on his waist waist before Martin could get it. He shot the teenager once in the chest.

http://news.yahoo.com/tests-only-ide...145033119.html
    BAC... how does this blow a hole in his story?

According to the above, Zimmerman stated that it was he that pulled the gun from the holster. The tests were inconclusive as to DNA on the holster for Martin. Plus, the DNA said that Martin's DNA was not on the grip. If Martin was on top, the most likely place to grab the gun would be near the trigger or barrel... not the grip. (Unless the gun was at a weird angle).
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yep, that was a big talking point for Zimmerman supporters, that Martin reached for the gun.
    Which he still could have done. Just because he was not successful in pulling the gun, doesn't mean he did not go for it.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2016.2 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (09-20-2012), NOVA (09-21-2012)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

They should drop the charges against Zimmerman. The damage is already done

11. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

NOVA (09-21-2012)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,667 Times in 7,364 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Which he still could have done. Just because he was not successful in pulling the gun, doesn't mean he did not go for it.

So Martin used one hand to smash Zimmerman's head into the ground, another hand to smother his mouth and nose and STILL ANOTHER hand reaching for the gun...you do the math.

13. The Following User Groans At zappasguitar For This Awful Post:

NOVA (09-21-2012)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zappasguitar For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-19-2012), Rune (09-20-2012)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    So Martin used one hand to smash Zimmerman's head into the ground, another hand to smother his mouth and nose and STILL ANOTHER hand reaching for the gun...you do the math.
    Are you on crack? Where did anyone state he did everything simultaneously? Link us up.
    Quote from Cypress:

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you on crack? Where did anyone state he did everything simultaneously? Link us up.

Zimmerman's own words...

Zimmerman says Martin had been on top of him, slamming his head against the ground and smothering his mouth and nose with his hand and arm when he grabbed his gun from a holster on his waist waist before Martin could get it.
    One hand slamming Zim's head...one hand smothering Zim's mouth and one hand SUPPOSEDLY going for the gun.

17. The Following User Groans At zappasguitar For This Awful Post:

NOVA (09-21-2012)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zappasguitar For This Post:

Rune (09-20-2012)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post

Nowhere was it stated that Martin ever gained control of the gun.
    It was only stated that Martin TRIED to gain control of the gun.
    Please explain how this is now a critical piece of the defense and how this means that Martin was murdered in cold blood.

Unless you really don't care if Zimmerman's innocent or not and just want to rant and rave.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Nowhere was it stated that Martin ever gained control of the gun.
    It was only stated that Martin TRIED to gain control of the gun.
    Please explain how this is now a critical piece of the defense and how this means that Martin was murdered in cold blood.

Unless you really don't care if Zimmerman's innocent or not and just want to rant and rave.
    OWEdummy is in trouble so time for the media to bring up the punk ass Trayvon Martin to gin up the coloreds

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Zimmerman's own words...

One hand slamming Zim's head...one hand smothering Zim's mouth and one hand SUPPOSEDLY going for the gun.
    LMAO... he was describing all of the actions he claims Martin did. He did not state that Martin was doing everything at once.
    Quote from Cypress:

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LMAO... he was describing all of the actions he claims Martin did. He did not state that Martin was doing everything at once.
    And you know that for a fact because??

Sad how your excuses become even more convoluted...

It's truly sad to watch you twist and contort your explanation to conform to facts as they become public.

Facts which continue to support the assertion that Zimmerman murdered Martin in cold blood.

But by all means continue to let your inability to even accept the possibility that Zimmerman is guilty shine for all to see.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And you know that for a fact because??
    LOL... you are the one assuming otherwise. Where are your facts Zappa?

Sad how your excuses become even more convoluted...
    Irony

It's truly sad to watch you twist and contort your explanation to conform to facts as they become public.
    More Irony

Facts which continue to support the assertion that Zimmerman murdered Martin in cold blood.
    speaking of the above... thanks for proving my point...

But by all means continue to let your inability to even accept the possibility that Zimmerman is guilty shine for all to see.
    This goes to show that you yet again are spouting off without any knowledge of what my actual position is on this case. I have stated from the beginning that I think he is guilty. I do not think they are going to be able to get 2nd degree murder charges to stick. The DA over shot and I think he will walk as a result. Manslaughter would have been better suited in my opinion. That said, when someone states something that is incorrect regarding the case, I will correct them.

Many seem to think this pokes a hole in Zimmermans case. It does not. For the reasons I listed that none of you have refuted.

your ASSUMPTION that Zimmerman meant all of the things happened simultaneously is just that... an ASSUMPTION... one that is based on your desire to find guilt.

You don't care for the actual truth or facts of the case. That is your problem.
    Quote from Cypress:

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL... you are the one assuming otherwise. Where are your facts Zappa?
    Right here...

Zimmerman says Martin had been on top of him, slamming his head against the ground AND smothering his mouth and nose with his hand and arm when he grabbed his gun from a holster on his waist waist before Martin could get it.

NOT that Martin was "slamming his head into the ground THEN smothering his mouth and nose with his hand..."

NOT that Martin was "slamming his head into the ground BEFORE smothering his mouth and nose with his hand..."

NOT that Martin was "slamming his head into the ground AFTER smothering his mouth and nose with his hand..."

But that Martin was "slamming his head into the ground AND smothering his mouth and nose with his hand..."

AND...the indicator that the events occurred simultaneously.

This goes to show that you yet again are spouting off without any knowledge of what my actual position is on this case. I have stated from the beginning that I think he is guilty. I do not think they are going to be able to get 2nd degree murder charges to stick. The DA over shot and I think he will walk as a result. Manslaughter would have been better suited in my opinion. That said, when someone states something that is incorrect regarding the case, I will correct them.

Many seem to think this pokes a hole in Zimmermans case. It does not. For the reasons I listed that none of you have refuted.

your ASSUMPTION that Zimmerman meant all of the things happened simultaneously is just that... an ASSUMPTION... one that is based on your desire to find guilt.

You don't care for the actual truth or facts of the case. That is your problem.

You don't like assumptions?

That's odd..

The tests were inconclusive as to DNA on the holster for Martin. Plus, the DNA said that Martin's DNA was not on the grip. If Martin was on top, the most likely place to grab the gun would be near the trigger or barrel... not the grip. (Unless the gun was at a weird angle).

There's YOU making a big ol ASSumption...don't you care about the truth or facts of the case?

Your double standard is your problem.