Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Default Tests only identify Zimmerman's DNA on handgun

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Forensic tests made public Wednesday show that George Zimmerman's was the only DNA that could be identified on the grip of the gun used to fatally shoot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. The results rule out Martin's DNA from being on the gun's grip. Zimmerman's DNA also was identified on the gun's holster, but no determination could be made as to whether Martin's DNA was on the gun's holster, according to the report from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for fatally shooting Martin during a confrontation in a gated community in Sanford in February.
    Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense. A delay in Zimmerman's arrest led to nationwide protests.

The question of whose DNA is on the gun and holster could play a role in Zimmerman's defense. Zimmerman says Martin had been on top of him, slamming his head against the ground and smothering his mouth and nose with his hand and arm when he grabbed his gun from a holster on his waist waist before Martin could get it. He shot the teenager once in the chest.

___
    Associated Press writers Kyle Hightower in Orlando and Terry Spencer in Miami contributed to this report.

http://news.yahoo.com/tests-only-ide...145033119.html

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

blackascoal (09-19-2012), Phantasmal (09-19-2012), signalmankenneth (09-19-2012)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

There goes a critical piece in Zimmerman's make-believe story.

If Martin did not grab his gun, then Zimmerman murdered him in cold blood.

Additonally, Zimmerman's injuries are also in question.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-19-2012), signalmankenneth (09-19-2012)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post

Yep, that was a big talking point for Zimmerman supporters, that Martin reached for the gun.

― Charles Dickens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-19-2012)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Yep, that was a big talking point for Zimmerman supporters, that Martin reached for the gun.
    Which he still could have done. Just because he was not successful in pulling the gun, doesn't mean he did not go for it.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2016.2 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (09-20-2012), NOVA (09-21-2012)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,659 Times in 7,357 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Which he still could have done. Just because he was not successful in pulling the gun, doesn't mean he did not go for it.

So Martin used one hand to smash Zimmerman's head into the ground, another hand to smother his mouth and nose and STILL ANOTHER hand reaching for the gun...you do the math.
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

10. The Following User Groans At ZappasGuitar For This Awful Post:

NOVA (09-21-2012)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-19-2012), Rune (09-20-2012)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    So Martin used one hand to smash Zimmerman's head into the ground, another hand to smother his mouth and nose and STILL ANOTHER hand reaching for the gun...you do the math.
    Are you on crack? Where did anyone state he did everything simultaneously? Link us up.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    do you listen to yourself talk? how about he smashes his head, then in a brief moment goes for the gun. Is that such an impossible concept for you to comprehend? or are you really that stupid?

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    although self evident for people like us, simple sentences like this will still fly over the heads of those that support violent people like trayvon martin.

---

Grind is basically right

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GRIND View Post
    although self evident for people like us, simple sentences like this will still fly over the heads of those that support violent people like trayvon martin.
    Precisely. They have already determined the evilness and guilt of Zimmerman and nothing will stand in the way of their pre-fact determinations.
    Quote from Cypress:

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bawhahahaha, trolling, trolling, over on jpp, Lala la la, la ka

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nowhere was it stated that Martin ever gained control of the gun.
    It was only stated that Martin TRIED to gain control of the gun.
    Please explain how this is now a critical piece of the defense and how this means that Martin was murdered in cold blood.

Unless you really don't care if Zimmerman's innocent or not and just want to rant and rave.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

as far as I know, zimmerman never said trayvon grabbed his gun.

he said trayvon went for his gun.

---

Grind is basically right

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-20-2012)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Actually, we won't know his inal story till it is reviewed in court, he has changed his story a time or two!

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Zimmerman's stories change all the time. He didn't say it to cops but he said it to his BFF. Wonder if this means with friends like this, you don't need enemies.

"Trayvon Martin grabbed his killer’s gun just moments before he died and uttered a profanity-laced threat. In a desperate life-or-death struggle, George Zimmerman clutched Trayvon’s wrist, broke his grip on the semi-automatic firearm and shot him once in the chest. That account appears in a new book written by Zimmerman’s best friend and confidante.

There’s just one problem: Zimmerman never said that to the police.

Now the book, Defending Our Friend: The Most Hated Man in America, and author Mark Osterman’s two television interviews have landed on the prosecution evidence list, as more versions of Zimmerman’s story emerge. A man who wrote a book calling Zimmerman “the kindest and most sincere” person will wind up in court — for the prosecution, experts agree.

“It was emotionally draining for George as he relived that awful moment when he managed to control the gun, then fired out of fear for his life,” Osterman wrote.

Osterman, U.S. air marshal who lives in a Central Florida, was among the first people Zimmerman’s wife called on Feb. 26 when she learned her husband had just shot someone. Osterman rushed to the scene that night, and accompanied his best friend every step of the way through the investigation, including his first three interrogations by Sanford police.

Osterman acknowledges that former Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee was his one-time lieutenant in the Seminole County Sheriff’s Department whom he held up as a father figure. Osterman says he was quickly recognized by cops on the scene, but insists he never coached his friend on what to tell them after the death of Trayvon, an unarmed Miami Gardens teenager.

Afraid for the Zimmermans’ safety, Osterman took the couple in from the very first night of the shooting. His 172-page book describes how Zimmerman told the story of the killing over and over again until he was physically drained. When he told it to police, Osterman said, Zimmerman threw up. But Osterman’s account is a sharp deviation from the versions Zimmerman gave, which experts say will undoubtedly be used to try to impeach the defendant’s credibility and cast doubt on his claim of self-defense if each telling changed or was embellished.

“I desperately got both of my hands around the guy’s one wrist and took his hand off my mouth long enough for me to shout again for help,” Osterman quotes Zimmerman as saying.

“For a brief moment I had control of the wrist, but I knew when he felt the sidearm at my waist with his leg. He took his hand that was covering my nose and went for the gun, saying, “You’re gonna die now, motherf-----.’ Somehow, I broke his grip on the gun where the guy grabbed it between the rear sight and the hammer. I got the gun in my hand, raised it toward the guy’s chest and pulled the trigger.”

DNA reports released Wednesday showed there was no DNA from Trayvon on the gun."

― Charles Dickens

22. #15 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Osterman quotes Zimmerman as saying.

“For a brief moment I had control of the wrist, but I knew when he felt the sidearm at my waist with his leg. He took his hand that was covering my nose and went for the gun, saying, “You’re gonna die now, motherf-----.’ Somehow, I broke his grip on the gun where the guy grabbed it between the rear sight and the hammer. I got the gun in my hand, raised it toward the guy’s chest and pulled the trigger.”

DNA reports released Wednesday showed there was no DNA from Trayvon on the gun."

I wonder how much credibility righties would give Osterman if he'd quoted Zimmerman saying something they wanted to believe...