Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Health Care

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Default Health Care

Here is an example from the state of Pennslyvania about the cost assoicated with universal healthcare.

CATO is of course a free-market libertarian think tank in case anyone is not familar with them.

Pennsylvania Finds No Easy Healthcare Fixes

"Gov. Edward G. Rendell, an unapologetic big-city liberal who campaigned as a health care reformer, might have been expected to propose a plan to cover the 900,000 Pennsylvanians who are uninsured," reports The New York Times. "And he did so, after winning reelection last year in a landslide. But like other governors in the vanguard of health policy, Mr. Rendell also concluded that such a move would be unaffordable, and perhaps politically unattainable, without serious efforts to control costs."

In "Universal Healthcare's Dirty Little Secrets," director of Cato's health and welfare studies Michael Tanner and director of health policy studies Michael Cannon write: "Simply saying that people have health insurance is meaningless. Many countries provide universal insurance but deny critical procedures to patients who need them. Britain's Department of Health reported in 2006 that at any given time, nearly 900,000 Britons are waiting for admission to National Health Service hospitals, and shortages force the cancellation of more than 50,000 operations each year. In Sweden, the wait for heart surgery can be as long as 25 weeks, and the average wait for hip replacement surgery is more than a year. Many of these individuals suffer chronic pain, and judging by the numbers, some will probably die awaiting treatment.

"Everyone agrees that far too many Americans lack health insurance. But covering the uninsured comes about as a byproduct of getting other things right. The real danger is that our national obsession with universal coverage will lead us to neglect reforms -- such as enacting a standard health insurance deduction, expanding health savings accounts and deregulating insurance markets -- that could truly expand coverage, improve quality and make care more affordable."

http://www.cato.org/view_ddispatch.p...ate=20070710#3

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

In France, Cawacko, there are no waiting lists. Everyone gets the healthcare their doctor thinks they need. And their system costs 10% of the GDP, compared to our 15%. AND they also have some parts of the system that most rational people would just consider ridiculously frivolous - and it's still cheaper.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am so sick and tired of these evil lies.

Deregulating the insurance industry is the solution?

I'll tell you, even if the director of Cato's health and welfare studies, Michael Tanner's insurance plan tells him they're not paying for his daughter's bone marrow transplant because it's "expermental" the daughter of the director of Cato's health and welfare studies, Michael Tanner, is not going to die, she's going to live, because the director of Cato's health and welfare studies Michael Tanner, is a wealthy man. But someone's daughter will die.

He's an evil man. And if it is true that the first shall be last and the last shall be first, may he burn in hell when the time comes.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know why we even pay attention to Cato, they just sell dresses.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    I don't know why we even pay attention to Cato, they just sell dresses.
    They're whores who know full well what they are doing, but their followers are deluded.

I feel like crying from frustration when I read this shit, because I know that though the Cato whores who get on their knees for profit every morning don't believe this bullshit, Cawacko does believe is.

And he votes.

And people will die because of his votes, and the votes of people like him.

And that's not ok.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you sure cawacko votes ? You have to be old enough to vote.
    Proving tax cuts work!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Are you sure cawacko votes ? You have to be old enough to vote.
    LOL

Pretty sure.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    In France, Cawacko, there are no waiting lists. Everyone gets the healthcare their doctor thinks they need. And their system costs 10% of the GDP, compared to our 15%. AND they also have some parts of the system that most rational people would just consider ridiculously frivolous - and it's still cheaper.

Sounds good. Sign me up!

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Did you know that many of the drugs that are available in the US are unavailable in Canada because they are not on the approved list?

http://www.cpso.on.ca/policies/drug_unapp.htm
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post

Some bush whore tried to pull the "waiting lists" BS on me, with respect to canada. And he refereced some canadian association.

It took me 5 seconds on google, to find this canadian association he was using to fear monger about "waiting lists".

And you know what? I went to their website, and they were talking about problems in canada with waiting lists for elective surgery.

Well, what the fuck. If I wanted ELECTIVE surgery in this country, I wouldn't even get it if I didn't have insurance. And even if I did, I would have to wait for surgery that was elective, and wasn't life-threatening.

These CATO people lie and lie and lie. Its disgusting really

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah checkout cato.com, they are all about getting drugs approved.
    And Catos sells womens clothing.
    Proving tax cuts work!

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, let's see what some Canadians think about the no Private Medicine restriction in Canada...

http://www.quebecoislibre.org/04/040915-7.htm

Of course they are just living it, not that they'd have any idea what they are talking about or something...

Amazingly they are moving toward Private Healthcare...

http://www.buysafedrugs.info/reports...temedicine.htm
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    So, let's see what some Canadians think about the no Private Medicine restriction in Canada...

Of course they are just living it, not that they'd have any idea what they are talking about or something...

Oh, not everybody in Canada is 100% happy with their health care?

Well, then, let's scrap the whole thing!

What was I thinking.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post

Not really amazing I think they went more conservative (aka Pro business) last election.
    Proving tax cuts work!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Oh, not everybody in Canada is 100% happy with their health care?

Well, then, let's scrap the whole thing!

What was I thinking.
    When did I say that? Strawman, Darla.

I said we should improve on it if we were to implement it here. One way is to not outlaw all private medicine.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle