Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wealth is not endless!!!!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 90 Posts

Angry Wealth is not endless!!!!

the problem with the mindset of the wealty in American is they have bought into the myth that wealth is endless,and there for the taking.they think they can take and take and take with out end and never give anything back.This is an idea that is absolutly wrong.Wealth and natural resourses are limmited.THey dont realise where their takeing from is from everyone else. They rape the land and pollute the forests and waters. They leave billons of people in poverty for their their own benifit. The greed of the 1 % must be stoped or humanity has no future.
    Peace Love and Light Wanderingbear

http://www.hippieland.net

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wanderingbear For This Post:

gui1tars (08-21-2012), Rune (08-20-2012)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 284 Times in 257 Posts

That's because when GREED takes over and trumps all other priorities, logic is out the window. It's also why Capitalism, American-Style is likened to cancer. It preys upon and devours all in its path, never satiated, until it eventually eats itself.

It's unsustainable. But then, greed-heads all have have an expiration date in that they eventually die, so they're unconcerned with long-term anything, so long as they get theirs.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 90 Posts

Some day soon the capitolistic economy will topple,and alot of weathy people are going to be in a world of hurt while the lives of the poor will only get better.
    Peace Love and Light Wanderingbear

http://www.hippieland.net

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wanderingbear For This Post:

gui1tars (08-21-2012)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

good lord. i can't stand this mindless anti wealth rant that has no basis in reality. there is greed in every economic level of society. it doesn't just exist in the 1%. further, there are, so called, 1%'s who donate more to charity and societal causes than most people dream of. oprah, gates, buffet.....

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingbear View Post
    Some day soon the capitolistic economy will topple,and alot of weathy people are going to be in a world of hurt while the lives of the poor will only get better.
    You mean like Africa? Cuba? Venezuela? Former Soviet Union?

Why do you libs hate so much? Why are you so envious?

Just mind your own business. The rich aren't hurting you

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 86 Times in 85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingbear View Post
    the problem with the mindset of the wealty in American is they have bought into the myth that wealth is endless,and there for the taking.they think they can take and take and take with out end and never give anything back.This is an idea that is absolutly wrong.Wealth and natural resourses are limmited.THey dont realise where their takeing from is from everyone else. They rape the land and pollute the forests and waters. They leave billons of people in poverty for their their own benifit. The greed of the 1 % must be stoped or humanity has no future.
    The problem with this idea is that the wealthy do earn their money, whereas you want them to give it back. How much? 20%? 30% 50% 75% Or should they keep being forced to give until they can be called poor?

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    The problem with this idea is that the wealthy do earn their money, whereas you want them to give it back. How much? 20%? 30% 50% 75% Or should they keep being forced to give until they can be called poor?
    Really? George W. Bush 'earned' his wealth? Doesn't look like it to me.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/money...0897/index.htm

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bijou View Post
    Really? George W. Bush 'earned' his wealth? Doesn't look like it to me.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/money...0897/index.htm
    There are a few who inherited their wealth, but most earned it.

And as far as the inheritance goes, would you prefer your children receive what you leave them or that it be distributed as others see fit?

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And as far as the inheritance goes, would you prefer your children receive what you leave them or that it be distributed as others see fit?
    His wealth includes more than his inheritance. It includes the bought-and-sold enterprises that he couldn't have paid for without heavy-hitter investors, aka daddy's friends.

And no, my children wouldn't inherit my wealth. They would inherit enough so that they could do something rather than nothing for the rest of their lives, and my non-profit pet charities would receive the rest.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bijou View Post
    His wealth includes more than his inheritance. It includes the bought-and-sold enterprises that he couldn't have paid for without heavy-hitter investors, aka daddy's friends.

And no, my children wouldn't inherit my wealth. They would inherit enough so that they could do something rather than nothing for the rest of their lives, and my non-profit pet charities would receive the rest.
    But you want to determine wherethe inheritance goes. You wouldn't want your inheritance being given to a variety of organizations like the NRA or Safari International?

I think the rich should pay the same percentage of their income in taxes that the rest of us do. But this idea that they should have their money taken and given away is nonsense.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Canceled.2014.1 For This Post:

Disillusioned (08-20-2012)

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 64 Times in 62 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is really the point. When people talk about others being born to their wealth, everyone is born to their station, some rise above it, most don't. Unless you were born in a barrel and left there(in which case you're probably dead) don't talk about how the wealthy just "were given" everything. All parents want the best for their children. Why should you get their money?
    "In the bath tub of history the truth is harder to find than the soap and more difficult to hold on to."

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    It's not the cops fault that the douchebag is a fraud.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But you want to determine wherethe inheritance goes. You wouldn't want your inheritance being given to a variety of organizations like the NRA or Safari International?

I think the rich should pay the same percentage of their income in taxes that the rest of us do. But this idea that they should have their money taken and given away is nonsense.
    Once again I'm agreeing.

Seen a number of Obama commericials that end with the phrase, "the rich pay a little more, because everyone should pay what's fair." The translation is this... "We can't live within our means, so lets just lop off a little more outta the people with more, because they can afford it."

It's similar to if I kept borrowing money for cars, alcohol, houses, giving away money to my neighbors and then when it comes time to pay the bill I go out and rob a bank, because hell, they've got lots of money, and how is that fair to me.

Robbery is robbery no matter who does it.
    "In the bath tub of history the truth is harder to find than the soap and more difficult to hold on to."

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned View Post
    Once again I'm agreeing.

Seen a number of Obama commericials that end with the phrase, "the rich pay a little more, because everyone should pay what's fair." The translation is this... "We can't live within our means, so lets just lop off a little more outta the people with more, because they can afford it."

It's similar to if I kept borrowing money for cars, alcohol, houses, giving away money to my neighbors and then when it comes time to pay the bill I go out and rob a bank, because hell, they've got lots of money, and how is that fair to me.

Robbery is robbery no matter who does it.

"Robbery is robbery no matter who does it." THIS!!

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am not seeing where wealth redistribution was mentioned in this thread, other than by you two, who are so worried about it.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

18. The Following 2 Users Groan At Rune For This Awful Post:

Annie (08-21-2012), tinfoil (08-21-2012)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

CanceledB (08-21-2012)

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    I am not seeing where wealth redistribution was mentioned in this thread, other than by you two, who are so worried about it.
    "wealth is not endless"
    "greed of the 1%"
    "earned his(their) wealth"
    "Must be stopped"
    "Take and take without giving anything back"

Out of curiosity, what exactly are they taking and what precisely should they be giving back?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Disillusioned For This Post:

tinfoil (08-21-2012)