Thread: Friends Question

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Friends Question

How old do you have to be before your friends stop calling you to tell you they slept with some guy and he didn't call does anyone know? It used to be they called to say they slept with some guy they just met and he didn't call, now I have noticed it's changed a bit. It always has something to do with facebook or classmates.com. Oh do you remember so and so from high school? Well he fb'd me and we met and we had sex and i haven't heard from him what do you think?

I think he's not going to call you dumbass, what do you think?

I have been answering this question for 20 years now, and it's the same friends.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (06-26-2012)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,439 Times in 2,220 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 86 Times in 85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    How old do you have to be before your friends stop calling you to tell you they slept with some guy and he didn't call does anyone know? It used to be they called to say they slept with some guy they just met and he didn't call, now I have noticed it's changed a bit. It always has something to do with facebook or classmates.com. Oh do you remember so and so from high school? Well he fb'd me and we met and we had sex and i haven't heard from him what do you think?

I have been answering this question for 20 years now, and it's the same friends.
    Tell those friends you have become a born again Christian. When they call with this sort of thing, offer to pray for them. I bet they stop calling you pretty quick.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Canceled.2014.1 For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (06-26-2012), Mott the Hoople (06-25-2012), Phantasmal (06-25-2012), ZappasGuitar (06-25-2012)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,131 Times in 33,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a friend of mine, they never learn. He probably thought time had changed her, they hooked up and then he realized, yikes, still needy! Or he remembered she was an easy hook up and she again, proved that indeed she was a willing partner. No shame in that, just realize it may not work out the way you imagine!

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Tell those friends you have become a born again Christian. When they call with this sort of thing, offer to pray for them. I bet they stop calling you pretty quick.
    They would never believe that!
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-25-2012)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Sounds like a friend of mine, they never learn. He probably thought time had changed her, they hooked up and then he realized, yikes, still needy! Or he remembered she was an easy hook up and she again, proved that indeed she was a willing partner. No shame in that, just realize it may not work out the way you imagine!
    Sometimes I just feel like yelling you know? But then I feel bad. I guess if you are emotionally handicapped and self-destructive you can't help it. I am so freaking tired of hearing about it though. We are talking in this most recent case about a professional classy woman. And this fucking idiot picks her up and takes her to a strip club and she goes. They haven't seen each other since high school. And he had made reservations at a rather infamous hotel on LI. SHe actually said to me "Well what would you have done?" She doesn't even have to ask that. I just said, oh well what can you do, if a guy makes hotel reservations you have to go. It's a rule.

I would have told that guy to pull over the car the second he mentioned a strip club. And if you want a one night stand, fine, that's fine. Enjoy it! But fooling yourself into thinking a sleazebag like that has nothing other than a one night stand in mind, and that you made some sort of "connection", is just utter stupidity and delusion. And calling me about it 25 times is just not okay, because I don't have anything left to say. I said it all years ago.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,131 Times in 33,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sometimes I just feel like yelling you know? But then I feel bad. I guess if you are emotionally handicapped and self-destructive you can't help it. I am so freaking tired of hearing about it though. We are talking in this most recent case about a professional classy woman. And this fucking idiot picks her up and takes her to a strip club and she goes. They haven't seen each other since high school. And he had made reservations at a rather infamous hotel on LI. SHe actually said to me "Well what would you have done?" She doesn't even have to ask that. I just said, oh well what can you do, if a guy makes hotel reservations you have to go. It's a rule.

I would have told that guy to pull over the car the second he mentioned a strip club. And if you want a one night stand, fine, that's fine. Enjoy it! But fooling yourself into thinking a sleazebag like that has nothing other than a one night stand in mind, and that you made some sort of "connection", is just utter stupidity and delusion. And calling me about it 25 times is just not okay, because I don't have anything left to say. I said it all years ago.
    Amen! You know what I do with my crazy friends

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (06-25-2012)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 284 Times in 257 Posts

You must be the friend who always listens and counsels your friends. LOL I know that role quite well. My advice to you is to get very blunt with your assessment, since it didn't seem to sink in the first 25 times you gave it. Something along the lines of, 'Come on, [friend's name] - do you enjoy being perceived as a brainless skank? How many more times do you intend to humiliate yourself? Please find a new way to do so because I'm bored of this movie. I've seen it 25 times.' And tell her you mean well.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bijou View Post
    You must be the friend who always listens and counsels your friends. LOL I know that role quite well. My advice to you is to get very blunt with your assessment, since it didn't seem to sink in the first 25 times you gave it. Something along the lines of, 'Come on, [friend's name] - do you enjoy being perceived as a brainless skank? How many more times do you intend to humiliate yourself? Please find a new way to do so because I'm bored of this movie. I've seen it 25 times.' And tell her you mean well.
    LOL yeah that would be awesome.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

It must be a girlfriend thing. No buddy of mine has ever called me up, FB'd, Twittered or shouted across the parking lot that he's slept with anyone. Now back when I was single if I had a one night stand with a girl and didn't call her back it was because I really didn't find her attractive but had beer goggles on or because she was lousy in the sack or the chemistry just wasn't there. I can remember dating a very attractive girl in college and she was pretty and she was good in bed but I kept breaking up with her cause intellectually we were in different universes. To this day I never have figured out how she got admitted into college but to make a long story short, she flunked out on a Librarian Science major. Not exactly the most demanding major there is. The sad thing was she really tried. It wasn't like she was a party girl.....just not to bright. Which would explain though why she went out with me in the first place.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

:lol: That reminds me of an EX I ran into a month or so after we split. I asked her how she was doing and she said she just met a wonderful man.

"On the first date he took me to an exclusive club for drinks and dancing. There was even an admission charge which he happily paid for. He knows how to treat a lady", she boasted.

"Wow! That was nice of him. Where did he take you", I inquired.

When she told me the name I recognized it as a swinger's club. (I knew of the place as it was in the newspaper a week or two prior as the residents in that neighborhood were trying to get it closed down.) On the first date he was trying to switch her for someone else. (I bit the inside of my cheeks so I wouldn't laugh.)

As for not calling a gal after a one night stand she would have had to be really, really whacked out. I mean, what guy throws away a sure thing? I always remember my Momma saying, "Waste not, want not."
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

She sounds needy. If she's professional and classy she should have guys breaking down the door to be with her. Maybe she's sending out the wrong vibe.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 272 Times in 246 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sleep with everyone you meet and enough people will call you to make the question unnecessary. My number is (deleted by moderator)
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?u=237
    If you feel so inclined a comment would be appreciated.

Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 272 Times in 246 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Derp View Post
    It must be a girlfriend thing. No buddy of mine has ever called me up, FB'd, Twittered or shouted across the parking lot that he's slept with anyone. Now back when I was single if I had a one night stand with a girl and didn't call her back it was because I really didn't find her attractive but had beer goggles on or because she was lousy in the sack or the chemistry just wasn't there. I can remember dating a very attractive girl in college and she was pretty and she was good in bed but I kept breaking up with her cause intellectually we were in different universes. To this day I never have figured out how she got admitted into college but to make a long story short, she flunked out on a Librarian Science major. Not exactly the most demanding major there is. The sad thing was she really tried. It wasn't like she was a party girl.....just not to bright. Which would explain though why she went out with me in the first place.
    When I was that age we didn't have phones!
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?u=237
    If you feel so inclined a comment would be appreciated.

Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowaicue For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (06-26-2012)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    She sounds needy. If she's professional and classy she should have guys breaking down the door to be with her. Maybe she's sending out the wrong vibe.
    She does have guys knocking down her door. She just always picks the wrong ones.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lowaicue View Post
    Sleep with everyone you meet and enough people will call you to make the question unnecessary. My number is (deleted by moderator)
    LOL This is actually very funny Low. I like it! Your phone will never go silent!