1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Default the ultimate tax dodge

just renounce your citizenship and move to another country

http://news.yahoo.com/senators-unvei...-politics.html
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Awesome.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

LOL

Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., has a status update for Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin: Stop attempting to dodge your taxes by renouncing your U.S. citizenship or never come to back to the U.S. again.

I find it funny that democrats would push a law against someone returning to their homeland. Meanwhile millions of illegals are sucking at the government tit and cost the taxpayers billions and they don't seem to mind a bit.

Remember that slogan "America: Love It or Leave It", guess we need to modify it for democrats, "America: Pay Up or Never Come Back".

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Given that he isn't a natural born citizen, he had to apply to become one... should he not also be free to choose to give up that citizenship? (we all have that right)

That said... he is obviously doing it to avoid the taxes... so I am also all for the move to tax the fucker.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

I think he's already barred from re-entering the country if it is determined that he renounced his citizenship to avoid taxation (which he clearly did). The main change in this bill seems to be that they can go after guys like him for the taxes as well as keeping them out of the country.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

We should obviously solve this loophole by declaring that everyone in the world is required to pay taxes to the US.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

I always love watching the stupid proles rush in to be the first to vow their slavish fealty to their rich masters.

Your cookie is in the mail.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

Crashk (05-17-2012)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This also highlights a point I have made many times about how difficult it is for rich persons to avoid US taxation completely. Corporations can do it, but people can't.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by General Buck Turgidson View Post
    This also highlights a point I have made many times about how difficult it is for rich persons to avoid US taxation completely. Corporations can do it, but people can't.
    so become a corporation, individuals can incorporate
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    so become a corporation, individuals can incorporate

It's not that simple.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by General Buck Turgidson View Post
    It's not that simple.
    it never is...