Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ask me political/idealogical questions. Will answer them 100% honestly, no trolling

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Ask me political/idealogical questions. Will answer them 100% honestly, no trolling

I am often misunderstood. I am an enigma. This is your only chance. You won't get another for me to be so open, honest, and unguarded, non-sarcastic, non-satirical or non-spiteful.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

What is your view on where the tax code should go?

Is the corporate tax regressive or progressive?

What is your take on the wars on poverty/drugs?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ok for starters, I've never been very good at understanding the nuances of tax codes, tax laws, the implications of expanding one bracket, shrinking another, etc. In fact, it's probably my weakest area. So I will have to speak more ideologically than on specifically policy.

I dont like the progressive tax code we have. it doesn't keep me up at night, but in an ideal world, I would prefer a flat tax, say of 15% of everyone. (this would coincide with massive spending cuts) I don't buy the argument that just because people are rich, they should pay more. They use the same roads we do. It's their property, I don't feel that the public has a right to a higher share just because they want it. I think there needs to be a more compelling argument made than simply it's "easier for them to part with more." It's a matter of principle for me.

Corporate taxes, I think they should be done away with. You are taxing a collective entity and then taxing the employees when they are paid for their own specific income. (right? not sure how this works, but pretty sure I've got it.) That sounds like double taxation to me.

Again, I suck at tax stuff. Basically, people should be entitled to keep what they earn, taxation of income should be treated equally. And if it comes at a detriment to society, then oh well. (but even if we took all the networth of the top 10%, it still would hardly make a dent in paying off our debt). Taxation isn't the be all, end all solution.

War on poverty - I believe in real solutions. I don't want to make people dependent on government. I do think that if you can help people out of the poor house, it's better for everyone. A more educated, well off populace provides for a better democracy and country. But the trick is to make sure the money is for people that truly need it, and for people that will truly use it. If those that are receiving government aid aren't being proactive enough, they should be cut off. Completely.

War on drugs - Is a complete joke. I favor the legalization of all drugs, I also favor the legalization to deal drugs, except to minors.

---

Grind is basically right

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

/MSG/ (05-14-2012)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yeah I'm really not good at answering tax questions.

---

Grind is basically right

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You did pretty well. Corporate tax is double taxation for shareholders of the company. The entity they own pays the corporate tax and then any dividends or capital gains get taxed again. The corporate tax is also highly regressive. There are four groups to whom the tax can be passed:

1) Executives via salary/benefit reductions
    2) Shareholders
    3) Other employees via lower salaries/benefits
    4) Consumers

Ask anyone who thinks corps should be taxed (typically the corps are evil crowd) who they think ends up paying that corp tax. If you simply tax salary, dividends and cap gains at the same rate and eliminate the corp tax, the top two above would be the primary recipients of the tax.

I agree on the personal tax side. I think the 70k pages of current tax code should be tossed. Implement a flat tax with standard deduction (to protect the poor). I would personally have a two tiered flat tax, but that is preference.

I agree with your position on the war on drugs. It is one of the most monumentally stupid things we do. We burden our prison system and destroy people's lives over drug possession/use. Non-violent offenders should be released immediately.

The war on poverty is great in theory, but our current system is one of dependence. That has to change. We need job training/retraining in addition to child care while the adults are in training.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you believe racism has been eradicated, or close enough to eradicated that anyone who brings it up is "whining" or "playing victim"?
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-14-2012)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    What is your view on where the tax code should go?

Is the corporate tax regressive or progressive?

What is your take on the wars on poverty/drugs?
    '

You're like, incredibly boring.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Do you believe racism has been eradicated, or close enough to eradicated that anyone who brings it up is "whining" or "playing victim"?
    you're like a parrot: 'racism, squawk; racism, squawk'
    Quote from Cypress:

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    you're like a parrot: 'racism, squawk; racism, squawk'
    I believe that anyone who can find humor in that target, doesn't see Trayvon Martin as human. I believe there can only be one reason for that. I stand by that.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-15-2012), Phantasmal (05-14-2012)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I believe that anyone who can find humor in that target, doesn't see Trayvon Martin as human. I believe there can only be one reason for that. I stand by that.
    'racism, squawk; racism, squawk'
    Quote from Cypress:

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Or maybe they use humor as a way to cope. My mom and I made jokes about cancer when she was dying of it.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

15. The Following User Says Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

Cancel 2018. 3 (05-15-2012)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anyways, serious question for Grind. Do you believe we have a problem with incubency? If so, how should we fix it?
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C'Thulhu View Post
    Or maybe they use humor as a way to cope. My mom and I made jokes about cancer when she was dying of it.
    Yes, I believe humor is a coping mechanism. But in this context, no. It's really not, that's a cop-out. Coping implies you are under some emotional distress. Is grind emotionally distressed over Martin's death? do you really believe that Billy?

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, I believe humor is a coping mechanism. But in this context, no. It's really not, that's a cop-out. Coping implies you are under some emotional distress. Is grind emotionally distressed over Martin's death? do you really believe that Billy?
    I think that Grind found it humorous for the same reason I did. It's an incongruity and socially unacceptable, so someone decided to use it as a means of profit. In that instance, the shock value is funny. It's not always the case, but that's how humor is.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C'Thulhu View Post
    I think that Grind found it humorous for the same reason I did. It's an incongruity and socially unacceptable, so someone decided to use it as a means of profit. In that instance, the shock value is funny. It's not always the case, but that's how humor is.
    I think you both found it funny because it upset liberals.